[1.12.x] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 6.0.8.0 - 28 Apr 23

Papa_Joe

9 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

A little late on the response to this, but were you by chance in Preflight?  If so, there has been some debate about what should be allowed for realism.  therefore there is a switch in the Realism Tab for preflight resources.  It is enabled by default.  turn that switch off, and Fills are removed.  the switch setting is called Enable Resources in Pre-Flight, and it is under the Enable Resource Xfers setting.

And, if you are worried about it being "easy" to change, then lock the realism settings.  then you can only change them by editing the SMSettings file in the Plugins\PLuginData folder :P .  take a look at the SM Wiki for more info.

Finally, I noted that there are not tooltips for those buttons.  I will add them to provide some more clarity as to their purpose.

I can tell you this happens after launch. I have a station around kerbin that does this.

3 hours ago, blnk2007 said:

I can tell you this happens after launch. I have a station around kerbin that does this.

Thanks for the feedback.  If you can provide steps to reproduce, that would be helpful...  (which window which button, etc..)

1 hour ago, Papa_Joe said:

Thanks for the feedback.  If you can provide steps to reproduce, that would be helpful...  (which window which button, etc..)

I wish I could, but I am moving right now and I can't access KSP. If I get a chance I'll let you know.

On 12/30/2016 at 8:40 PM, Papa_Joe said:

A little late on the response to this, but were you by chance in Preflight?  If so, there has been some debate about what should be allowed for realism.  therefore there is a switch in the Realism Tab for preflight resources.  It is enabled by default.  turn that switch off, and Fills are removed.  the switch setting is called Enable Resources in Pre-Flight, and it is under the Enable Resource Xfers setting.

And, if you are worried about it being "easy" to change, then lock the realism settings.  then you can only change them by editing the SMSettings file in the Plugins\PLuginData folder :P .  take a look at the SM Wiki for more info.

Finally, I noted that there are not tooltips for those buttons.  I will add them to provide some more clarity as to their purpose.

I was in orbit around Kerbin, so not preflight by my understanding of the word. In the resource overview, the fill buttons were removed when Realism was checked, but once I clicked on a resource the individual tank entries each still had fill buttons, and clicking on one caused it to fill up from nothing. It sounds like this isn't expected, so I'll re-install and try to reproduce / document over the weekend when I'm back home at my KSP machine.

I did catch the feature of locking the settings. Great for that extra discouragement.

@Papa_Joe, I'm still having the issue mentioned, but only when "Resources in Pre-Flight" is enabled (the default). Glancing at the code, it looks like "pre-flight" is defined as Vessel.IsRecoverable, which is evidently returning true in unexpected situations, perhaps Vessel.situation could be evaluated vs Situations.PRELAUNCH?

• Scenario: fresh install of 1.2.2, ShipManifest 5.1.3.1 from github, default settings (Realism enabled), Sandbox, Command Pod, FL-T800, LV-T45, >70km suborbital
  • Steps: open ShipManifest window, click LiquidFuel (opens transfer window)
  • Result: Fill button present in Transfer window. Clicking causes fuel to appear from nowhere.

Ep8f7UG.png

Also, a new bug:

• Scenario: fresh install of 1.2.2, ShipManifest 5.1.3.1 with default settings, Sandbox, Command Pod, FL-T800, LV-T45
  • Steps: Launch (need not leave launchpad), open the ShipManifest window, click LiquidFuel (opens transfer window), click MonoPropellant.
  • Result: LiquidFuel set to 0/0, tanks disappear from transfer window, dump button gone. Nothing in the SM Debug Console. Closing and re-opening the window does not fix, remains 0/0. However, unselecting both, then clicking LiquidFuel, then Oxidizer causes LiquidFuel to come back.
  • Note: This also occurs if MonoPropellant is clicked first, then LiquidFuel or Oxidizer, in which case I haven't found a way to cause it to come back, or if Ore is used for the second click instead of MonoPropellant.

Sq3BDYD.png

Thanks again for all your effort.

Offtocpic but probably helpful. A better way to format the KSP forum links is to use "showtopic". Example for Ship Manifest:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?showtopic=56643

That way you do not need to depend on any followup text after the thread ID. It can also be used as a permalink (topic titles can be changed by the OP).

Yes.  There are some known bugs, and I'm almost done correcting them.  Here is the proposed change list for the next version:

Version 5.1.3.2 - Release xx Jan 2017 - KSP 1.2.2 Compatibility Edition
 - New:  Refactored for KSP 1.2.2
 - Fixed:  Enumeration error when opening or closing more than one hatch at the same time.
 - Fixed:  Respawn Kerbal fails. Github issue # 35.
 - Fixed:  Opening/closing hatches via a part's tweakable doesn't properly update the transfer windows xfer/eva buttons when CLS spaces change.
 - Fixed:  Fill buttons do not have tooltips.  Can be confusing as to their behavior.
 - Fixed:  Part level fill buttons do not behave as expected by users. Should not be available in flight with realism on.
 - Fixed:  Roster and Settings Icons sometimes appear in flight scene.  Should only be in Space Center Scene.
 - Fixed:  Highlighting is disabled temporarily when hatches are opened and closed.
 y Fixed:  Resource selection in the Manifest window is behaving erratically. Resources are disappearing in the display when multiple selections are made.
 y Fixed:  Vessel to vessel transfers are failing with an NRE in ShipManifest.SMVessel.UpdateDockedVessels
 y Fixed:  Sometimes crew transfers do not work.

Items with a "y" next to them are still unresolved.  The rest are fixed.

6 minutes ago, Papa_Joe said:

Yes.  There are some known bugs, and I'm almost done correcting them.  Here is the proposed change list for the next version:

Version 5.1.3.2 - Release xx Jan 2017 - KSP 1.2.2 Compatibility Edition
 - Fixed:  Enumeration error when opening or closing more than one hatch at the same time.
 - Fixed:  Opening/closing hatches via a part's tweakable doesn't properly update the transfer windows xfer/eva buttons when CLS spaces change.
 - Fixed:  Fill buttons do not have tooltips.  Can be confusing as to their behavior.
 - Fixed:  Part level fill buttons do not behave as expected by users. Should not be available in flight with realism on.
 - Fixed:  Roster and Settings Icons sometimes appear in flight scene.  Should only be in Space Center Scene.
 - Fixed:  Highlighting is disabled temporarily when hatches are opened and closed.
 y Fixed:  Resource selection in the Manifest window is behaving erratically. Resources are disappearing in the display when multiple selections are made.
 y Fixed:  Vessel to vessel transfers are failing with an NRE in ShipManifest.SMVessel.UpdateDockedVessels
 y Fixed:  Sometimes crew transfers do not work.

Items with a "y" next to them are still unresolved.  The rest are fixed.

Awesome. Thanks for the quick reply. I'll give it a go for now, doesn't seem like the bugs will cause any game-breaking issues.

Making pretty good progress.  I'm not certain I've corrected vessel to vessel transfers, but I'm releasing.  If we still have issues, I'll address them,.

However, this is a more stable release.

Version 5.1.3.2 - Release 16 Jan 2017 - KSP 1.2.2 Compatibility Edition
 - Fixed:  Resource selection in the Manifest window is behaving erratically. Resources are disappearing in the display when multiple selections are made.
 - Fixed:  Vessel to vessel transfers are failing with an NRE in ShipManifest.SMVessel.UpdateDockedVessels.
 - Fixed:  Sometimes crew transfers do not work.

If you use CLS, I recommend you get the latest version for the best experience with SM.  I'm using a new custom event to better support changes to the spaces.

Enjoy.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Nothing happens when I click to open a ship resource window. Also, with Ship Manifest installed, I can't transfer crew between parts when docked, and all parts are shaded orange. With SM uninstalled, and just CLS installed, crew transfer works normally.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qid50jqqc8q22c4/output_log.txt?dl=0

It's a large log, I believe this is (one of) the relevant sections:

[ShipManifest] - Error:   in WindowManifest.ResourceButtonToggled.  Error:  Object reference not set to an instance of an object 

at ShipManifest.Modules.ModDockedVessel.get_LaunchId () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.SMVessel.UpdateDockedVessels () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.SMVessel.RefreshLists () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.Windows.WindowManifest.ResourceButtonToggled (System.String resourceName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

[ShipManifest] - Error:   in ResourceButtonList.  Error:  Object reference not set to an instance of an object 

at ShipManifest.Modules.ModDockedVessel.get_LaunchId () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.SMVessel.UpdateDockedVessels () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.Windows.WindowManifest.ResourceButtonToggled (System.String resourceName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.Windows.WindowManifest.ResourceButtonsList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

[ShipManifest] - Error:   in WindowManifest.ResourceButtonToggled.  Error:  Object reference not set to an instance of an object 

3 hours ago, dlrk said:

Nothing happens when I click to open a ship resource window. Also, with Ship Manifest installed, I can't transfer crew between parts when docked, and all parts are shaded orange. With SM uninstalled, and just CLS installed, crew transfer works normally.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qid50jqqc8q22c4/output_log.txt?dl=0

It's a large log, I believe this is (one of) the relevant sections:

[ShipManifest] - Error:   in ResourceButtonList.  Error:  Object reference not set to an instance of an object 

at ShipManifest.Windows.WindowManifest.ResourceButtonsList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Thanks for the post.   If you wold not mind, could you also supply me with the steps to reproduce?  I mean the vessels loaded, what your settings are, etc.  I'm trying to determine the conditions where this error is happening, but I cannot duplicate ti.

Finally if you ware willing to share your save, that would also be helpful.

Save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tbhqex37ztt676k/persistent.sfs?dl=0

Settings: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1yvii5d5orbhtti/settings.cfg?dl=0

Lots of other mods are installed, including Connected Living Spaces, which I think is involved with this issue. The mod parts on the station are from UKS. NearFutureTechnologies(Construction, Spacecraft), USI-LS, Procedural Parts, RealChutes, KWRocketry

Small issue I cannot edit kerbal as name of stats it will let me type and or change the sliders but nothing happens when I press apply.

I do have renaming kerbal enabled in config.

Edited by grant977

18 hours ago, grant977 said:

Small issue I cannot edit kerbal as name of stats it will let me type and or change the sliders but nothing happens when I press apply.

I do have renaming kerbal enabled in config.

My copy works just fine.  Are you certain you are using the latest version?   How did you install it?  Could you provide an output log?

Sometimes (much more often than needed) clicking SM button on toolbar doesn't do anything or clicking any item in SM menu produces same 0 effect).

Here's a screenshot with log entry after clicking on stuff inside SM window:

HW3p0Ai.png

Edited by Mystique

5 minutes ago, Mystique said:

Sometimes (much more often than needed) clicking SM button on toolbar doesn't do anything or clicking any item in SM menu produces same 0 effect).

Here's a screenshot with log entry after clicking on stuff inside SM window:

HW3p0Ai.png

Thanks for the response.  This is a known issue, reported a few posts prior to yours.  I believe i have located where the unhandled exception is occurring.  I will have an update out soon.  I do not yet know the cause of the null object, but I now have a proper null checker in place.

Edited by Papa_Joe

4 minutes ago, Papa_Joe said:

Thanks for the response.  This is a known issue, reported a few posts prior to yours.  I believe i have located where the unhandled exception is occurring.  I will have an update out soon.  I do not yet know the cause of the null object, but I now have a proper null checker in place.

Sorry, didn't notice previous report. Thanks for keeping it running :)

New release:

Version 5.1.3.3 - Release 29 Jan 2017 - KSP 1.2.2 Compatibility Edition
 - Fixed:  Object not found error in ModDockedVessels Get LaunchID.  now properly returns a 0 if the underlying object is null.

Hopefully this corrects the error.  Let me know if you get weird behavior with vessel to vessel transfers... I'm still building a test bed for that scenario.