[1.12.x] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 6.0.8.0 - 28 Apr 23

Papa_Joe

On 3/4/2017 at 6:26 AM, Psycho_zs said:

I have a problem with fuel transfer: amount of LF+OX increases by 12% during transfer. Transfer starts fine, but somewhere towards the middle of the process I start magically gaining resources.

http://imgur.com/a/5UfzN

Thanks for the feedback and the bug report on Git.  I'll take a look.  I it is possible I have issues in vessel to vessel transfers, as that was not well tested after the many changes to KSP.

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone,

I don't know if there is a mod compatibility issue bug ships manifest does not recognize deployable antennas on my install. 

I can't be sure about HG-5 but communotrons 16 for sure do not appear in the control window. not sure about the other deployable ones because of the career mode.

anybody has a clue where I should look?

Bug Report:  When a ship piece explodes after staging, the ship manifest window disappears and cannot be reactivated.

1.  Create a simple ship:  pod, tank, swivel engine, decoupler, flea solid booster.

2. Launch it.  When the flea runs out eject it via staging.

3. Remain in the area and hear the explosion.

4. Ship Manifest window cannot be opened.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible to resize the transfer windows to ease with dealing with vessels with lots of parts? (I have a base with > 80 parts that can hold kerbals, transfers are a pain). I tried fiddling with the sizes on the cfgs but all I was left with was sadness and messed windows that required a mod reset.

Would it be possible to transfer "DATA" between different science labs in the same station?
I added multiple science labs to a station for using them as USI LS recyclers mostly.

But when I deliver now experiment results to the station and putting them into a lab, one can not choose in which lab they should go.
But cause a lab runs faster, when it has more data, it would be useful/important, to have all "data" in one specific science lab. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone!  I've put a major milestone behind me at work, and can now spend my free time back with KSP related things.

So, I've reopened my Visual Studio projects, and have rebuilt my 1.2.9 test environment.  Going thru SM right now and working on the bugs that I discovered with the new pre-release, and I will be going over the bugs reported over the past month or so.

I was able to reproduce the window open and closing issue, but have not yet discovered the cause.  I will keep you informed as I go.  Update:  I have found the cause.  WIll be corrected in the next release.

I will also be refactoring fuel transfers (again) as my current methods, while an improvement over my first attempts, is still crap.. :P 

@Djohaal, I'm not sure what you are looking for in a resize capability.  do you want all four panes to resize equally as the window is resized?  Please provide some more info and I would suggest creating a feature request in my Git repository in the issues section.  That way the idea does not get lost.

@Jebs_SY,  Good question.  I've not spent much time with labs, so I will investigate.  One of the things that has become apparent with the more recent versions of KSP is the need to now start managing parts as groups.  I started Resource transfers (Vessel to vessel transfers and multipart transfers), so I suspect that Crew and Science need this kind of love as well.  I would also suggest a feature request in Git for this so it does not get lost.

@psychopoak, there is a bug in my code for antennas that resulted with the 1.2.9 pre-release.  Were you using that version?  Let me know.

Edited by Papa_Joe

@Papa_Joe hi dude, I am "still" on 1.22 version. I have enough trouble keeping mods updated so why bother with pre-release builds :wink:

BTW if it helps, here comes the list of my mods : 

Spoiler

KSP: 1.2.2 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit
000_AT_Utils - 1.4.2
Toolbar - 1.7.13
USI Tools - 0.8.18
Chatterer - 0.9.92.1622
Community Category Kit - 1.2.2
Community Resource Pack - 0.6.6
CommunityTechTree - 3.0.3
ConfigurableContainers - 2.4.0.5
Contract Configurator - 1.22.2
Contract Pack: Field Research - 1.2
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations - 3.6
Rover Missions - 0.1.7
DistantObjectEnhancement - 1.8.1
CapCom Mission Control On The Go - 1.0.2.5
Contract Parser - 1.0.5
Contracts Window Plus - 1.0.7.3
Progress Parser - 1.0.6
Firespitter - 7.5.1
GroundConstruction - 1.1.2.1
RasterPropMonitor - 0.28
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6.2
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.2.8
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.3.1
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.4.3
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.4
Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.5.2
EVAHandrailsPackContinued - 0.2.1.4
PlanetShine - 0.2.5.2
RCS Build Aid - 0.9.1
RealPlume - Stock - 0.11.4
ReentryParticleEffect - 1.2.0.1
ShipManifest - 5.1.3.3
Trajectories - 1.6.6
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8.4
Alternate Resource Panel - 2.9.1
USI Core - 0.3.10
Konstruction - 0.1.12
USI-LS - 0.5.24
Malemute Rover - 0.2.8
MKS - 0.50.18
USI Survivability Pack - 0.6.3
Waypoint Manager - 2.6.2
[x] Science! - 5.6

8 hours ago, psychopoak said:

@Papa_Joe hi dude, I am "still" on 1.22 version. I have enough trouble keeping mods updated so why bother with pre-release builds :wink:

BTW if it helps, here comes the list of my mods : 

Reveal hidden contents

KSP: 1.2.2 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit
000_AT_Utils - 1.4.2
Toolbar - 1.7.13
USI Tools - 0.8.18
Chatterer - 0.9.92.1622
Community Category Kit - 1.2.2
Community Resource Pack - 0.6.6
CommunityTechTree - 3.0.3
ConfigurableContainers - 2.4.0.5
Contract Configurator - 1.22.2
Contract Pack: Field Research - 1.2
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations - 3.6
Rover Missions - 0.1.7
DistantObjectEnhancement - 1.8.1
CapCom Mission Control On The Go - 1.0.2.5
Contract Parser - 1.0.5
Contracts Window Plus - 1.0.7.3
Progress Parser - 1.0.6
Firespitter - 7.5.1
GroundConstruction - 1.1.2.1
RasterPropMonitor - 0.28
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6.2
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.2.8
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.3.1
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.4.3
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.4
Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.5.2
EVAHandrailsPackContinued - 0.2.1.4
PlanetShine - 0.2.5.2
RCS Build Aid - 0.9.1
RealPlume - Stock - 0.11.4
ReentryParticleEffect - 1.2.0.1
ShipManifest - 5.1.3.3
Trajectories - 1.6.6
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8.4
Alternate Resource Panel - 2.9.1
USI Core - 0.3.10
Konstruction - 0.1.12
USI-LS - 0.5.24
Malemute Rover - 0.2.8
MKS - 0.50.18
USI Survivability Pack - 0.6.3
Waypoint Manager - 2.6.2
[x] Science! - 5.6

Hi!  What could also help is to provide an output log.  If there is an error being generated, It will be in the log.  you will find this in the KSP_Data or KSP_x64_Data folder, depending on which version of KSP you are running (32 bit vs 64 bit.) File name is output_log.txt

Edited by Papa_Joe

On 4/29/2017 at 10:37 AM, Papa_Joe said:

Hi!  What could also help is to provide an output log.  If there is an error being generated, It will be in the log.  you will find this in the KSP_Data or KSP_x64_Data folder, depending on which version of KSP you are running (32 bit vs 64 bit.) File name is output_log.txt

Same issue here but not all the same mods. Running Win 10, 1.2.2.1622 (x64)

[ShipManifest] - Error:   in Antenna Tab at step get Antenna label.  Error:  Object reference not set to an instance of an object 

at ShipManifest.Modules.ModAntenna.get_AntennaStatus () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.Windows.Tabs.TabAntenna.Display (Vector2 displayViewerPosition) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Various bugs with  SM 5.1.3.3 on KSP 1.2.2
Corresponding github issues have been created.

1. Tooltips don't respect "Hide UI", although windows do.
Here are screenshots of an example tooltip which remains visible when UI is hidden using F2. Also remains visible when game paused (which presumably calls the same methods to hide UI)
01-tooltip.png 01-tooltip-f2.png 01-tooltip-pause.png

2. Tooltip not updating when two valid parts are selected
When hovering over the "Xfer" button, the tooltip is used to show a helpful info/error message when there is some issue with the parts selected for transfer.
That message is not updated when valid parts are selected, and continues to display whatever error message was set previously. Here are two examples:
02a-wrongtooltip.png 02b-wrongtooltip.png

3. Strange results when transfer between full parts
- One crewmember removed from craft and teleported back to KSC
- One crewmember erroneously set to missing, automatically rectified by game

a. Bill and Bob on the left, Val and Jeb on the right:
03a-xfer-before.png
b. Click "Xfer" button for Bob. Transfer in progress...
03b-xfer.png
c. What happened to Bob?
03c-xfer-after.png
d. Pause game, go back to KSC, inspect roster, discover that Bob has teleported back
03d-xfer-roster1.png 03d-xfer-roster2.png
e. Inspect log, discover that Bill was set as missing at some point, then restored by the base game
Relevant log snippet, from start to end of flight mode: https://pastebin.com/0emiqHMz
Line 74-79 is other unrelated error.
Line 81-84 is where the above described transfer attempt took place
Line 90 reveals the additional problem with Bill going "missing" despite still sitting in craft.

I've not extensively tested this one with other parts but the problem is consistently reproducible with a clean save.

Edited by cake>pie

On 5/7/2017 at 4:34 AM, DJ RayRay said:

Same issue here but not all the same mods. Running Win 10, 1.2.2.1622 (x64)

[ShipManifest] - Error:   in Antenna Tab at step get Antenna label.  Error:  Object reference not set to an instance of an object 

at ShipManifest.Modules.ModAntenna.get_AntennaStatus () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.Windows.Tabs.TabAntenna.Display (Vector2 displayViewerPosition) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Thanks for the details on the error.  I will take a look.

On 5/7/2017 at 5:23 AM, cpy said:

So I get free fuel if i refuel on landing strip?

The realism settings can be altered to get free fuel in flight as well... you can disable that if you do not want that capability.  

12 hours ago, cake>pie said:

Various bugs with  SM 5.1.3.3 on KSP 1.2.2
Corresponding github issues have been created.

1. Tooltips don't respect "Hide UI", although windows do.
Here are screenshots of an example tooltip which remains visible when UI is hidden using F2. Also remains visible when game paused (which presumably calls the same methods to hide UI)
01-tooltip.png 01-tooltip-f2.png 01-tooltip-pause.png

2. Tooltip not updating when two valid parts are selected
When hovering over the "Xfer" button, the tooltip is used to show a helpful info/error message when there is some issue with the parts selected for transfer.
That message is not updated when valid parts are selected, and continues to display whatever error message was set previously. Here are two examples:
02a-wrongtooltip.png 02b-wrongtooltip.png

3. Strange results when transfer between full parts
- One crewmember removed from craft and teleported back to KSC
- One crewmember erroneously set to missing, automatically rectified by game

a. Bill and Bob on the left, Val and Jeb on the right:
03a-xfer-before.png
b. Click "Xfer" button for Bob. Transfer in progress...
03b-xfer.png
c. What happened to Bob?
03c-xfer-after.png
d. Pause game, go back to KSC, inspect roster, discover that Bob has teleported back
03d-xfer-roster1.png 03d-xfer-roster2.png
e. Inspect log, discover that Bill was set as missing at some point, then restored by the base game
Relevant log snippet, from start to end of flight mode: https://pastebin.com/0emiqHMz
Line 74-79 is other unrelated error.
Line 81-84 is where the above described transfer attempt took place
Line 90 reveals the additional problem with Bill going "missing" despite still sitting in craft.

I've not extensively tested this one with other parts but the problem is consistently reproducible with a clean save.

Thanks for the detailed characterization!  also thanks for the Github issues!   I will investigate and report in Github.  The tooltips Should be an easy fix.  The crew transfers may take a bit longer.  That is some involved code in that section. Many conditions to consider.

Just an update.  Been working with the prerelease of KSP (1.2.9) and have started converting SM to support localization.

The initial release for 1.3 (or 1.2.9 if I get froggy) will include English.  While I do have some Spanish skills, and a very tiny amount of Chinese and Japanese, I'm no linguist.  I will be "hoping" that the community can assist with other languages as appropriate when the time comes.

It leverages the existing KSP localization scheme, so should be easy to add additional languages to SM.

Cheers!

Edited by Papa_Joe

6 hours ago, cpy said:

I'll see if i can find settings to disable all free stuff and like free fuel and free kerbals and kerbal respawn. I'm trying to play on moderate difficulty.

Take a look at my wiki... I believe you will find what you need there.  I have tried to make it so that you can run true realism if you want, or playable (so called "cheat mode"), but the default settings are a compromise between true realism and playable.

1 hour ago, Papa_Joe said:

Take a look at my wiki... I believe you will find what you need there.  I have tried to make it so that you can run true realism if you want, or playable (so called "cheat mode"), but the default settings are a compromise between true realism and playable.

Nope nothing there. Config file does not have option to pay for fuel if you refuel on runway. No option to disable crew respawn. But still damn good mod for sandbox.

17 minutes ago, cpy said:

Nope nothing there. Config file does not have option to pay for fuel if you refuel on runway. No option to disable crew respawn. But still damn good mod for sandbox.

Paying for fuel on the pad was never part of the mod, as the cost for that fuel is not defined to my knowledge.  However, you should be able to disable the fill buttons on the pad through the realism tab with this setting:
   "Enable Crew Fill and Empty Ops in Pre-Flight".

Also, with Respawns, you are right.  I do not have a setting for disabling the respawn feature.  I will add that.  

Finally, you have highlighted an issue for me.  There are a lot of realism settings, and while that provides great flexibility, it is not easy to just "set it and forget it".  So, as part of the next update I will be adding a radio button that will allow you to select realism categories as follows:

- Full = All realism settings on, so that not cheating is possible.
- None - All realism settings are off, so full cheats are enabled.
- Default - Settings will be returned to the defaults established at Mod install.
- Custom - This setting will auto select when any setting is changed and the results do not fit under the above general categories.  

This should make it easy to setup SM for your needs.  If we discover missing settings for any of the above categories, I can then add the needed pieces to make SM work under all conditions. So for those true realism folks, 1 click and you are set.

Edited by Papa_Joe

9 minutes ago, Papa_Joe said:

Paying for fuel on the pad was never part of the mod, as the cost for that fuel is not defined to my knowledge.

The RESOURCE_DEFINITION module in ResourcesGeneric.cfg has a 'unitCost' parameter that is used to calculate the cost of adding (or as is the case in stock, the savings of emptying) fuel from the tanks, for instance 0.8 for LF and 0.18 for Ox.

Edited by swjr-swis
typo

2 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

The RESOURCED_DEFINITION module in ResourcesGeneric.cfg has a 'unitCost' parameter that is used to calculate the cost of adding (or as is the case in stock, the savings of emptying) fuel from the tanks, for instance 0.8 for LF and 0.18 for Ox.

Excellent!  Thanks for that.  I will investigate adding a pay for fill , save for dump feature.

Edited by Papa_Joe

14 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

Excellent!  Thanks for that.  I will investigate adding a pay for fill , save for dump feature.

That would be so awesome. Thanks man. Full realism here we go!

Edited by cpx

Just an update.

First pass at localization is complete.  I'm going through the interface to make sure I didn't miss anything.  Tedious, but necessary.  Some changes were needed to properly support localization, but the end result is very good I think.

Realism settings have been revamped, and the behaviors are more intuitive I think.  Also the Realism Category buttons make setting up the realism Tab pretty slick.  You still have full control over the individual settings, but can get a quick "broad strokes" setup with one click.  I have some work to do to go through the realism logic to be certain everything behaves correctly but looking good so far.  The realism settings now make better sense and are less ambiguous.

Going through every line of code has made me put a little effort into cleanup.  I'm also going to be refactoring the windows a bit.  I may be able to speed them up a fraction more. I'm still using scripted windows.  They are too dynamic to easily port over to the new Unity GUI.  I may look at that later, but I have already made them run more smoothly.

Finally, I've squashed several bugs.  So, I'm going through the testing phase to make sure all is well on those.

Preliminary Change log follows:

Version 5.1.4.0 - Release xx May 2017 - KSP 1.2.9 Compatibility Edition (Pre-release)
 - New:  Localization system.  Now you can translate SM into your own language!
 y New:  Realism Settings Refactor!  Added single switch for realism Categories:  Full, None, Default, Custom.  Realism Mode is redefined and settings now more granular.
 y New:  Crew respawn is always allowed.  Should be disabled for realistic control.  
 y New:  Added settings to the Realism Tab to disable certain roster actions.
 - Fixed:  Issue with multiple instances of SMAddon class loading when changing scenes.
 - Fixed:  Roster and Settings windows continue to be displayed even when Pause Menu or Hide UI is on.
 - Fixed:  Manifest and other windows disappearing in flight under certain contitions (when staging/part distruction occur).
 y Fixed:  Antennas not properly working.
 y Fixed:  Resource totals not preserved turing Transfers.  Github Issue:  #36
 - Fixed:  Tourists can go EVA and should not.  Github Issue:  #37
 - Fixed:  ToolTips displayed even when SM interface is not.  Github Issue: # 38
 - Fixed:  ToolTips not properly updating. Github Issue:  # 39
 y Fixed:  Crew Xfers between full parts failing under certain circumstances.  Github Issue # 40

Items marked with a y are in test or in implementation.  It shouldn't be long though.

More to come.

Edited by Papa_Joe

3 hours ago, J3ansley said:

Hello, love and appreciate your work.

*Thought something wasn't working. Cursed a few times now everything works.

I did see your initial error report.  It did reveal a weakness in my code.  I've since altered the method call to be lighter in weight, and should prevent that error from ever happening again.