[1.12.x] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 6.0.8.0 - 28 Apr 23

Papa_Joe

Just an update.  Getting very close now.  All bugs and features complete.  Final test only needed.

New ***Proposed*** release notes.

Version 5.1.4.0 - Release TBD - KSP 1.3 Compatibility Edition (1.2.9 Prerelease)
 - New:  Implemented Localization system.  Now it is possible to translate SM into other languages.
 - New:  Realism Settings Refactor.  Realism Mode is redefined and easier to use; settings are now more granular.
 - New:  - Added Radio switch for realism Categories:  Full, None, Default, Custom.  
 - New:  - Added new setting to the Realism Tab "Realistic Control". This affects ship control window and uncontrolled resource transfers.
 - New:  - Added new setting to the Realism Tab "Enable Roster Modifications".  Affects Roster actions Create, Add, Edit, Remove, and Respawn.
 - New:  - Added new setting to Realism Tab.  "Realistic Transfers".  This affects Transfer features for crew, science and resources.
 - New:  Added several new tooltips in the Mod.  Cleaned/updated up several others.
 - Fixed:  Selecting a resource in the Manifest Window triggered an enumeration error.
 - Fixed:  Crew respawn was always allowed.  Should be disabled for Realism.  Roster actions are now impacted by Enable Roster Modifications setting.
 - Fixed:  Issue with multiple instances of SMAddon class loading when changing scenes.
 - Fixed:  Roster and Settings windows continued to be displayed even when Pause Menu or Hide UI is on.
 - Fixed:  Manifest and other windows disappeared in flight under certain conditions (when staging/part destruction occurs).
 - Fixed:  Antennas not properly working. Post fix RemoteTech support is not yet confirmed.
 - Fixed:  Part highlighting on mouseover of part selection button was broken.  Bug introduced when I refactored highlighting awhile ago.
 - Fixed:  Sound file changes were not taking immediate effect.  Scene change was required. Github Issue #25
 - Fixed:  Resource totals not preserved during Transfers.  Github Issue:  #36
 - Fixed:  Resource Transfers exhibited incorrect stop button behavior with Target to source transfers.
 - Fixed:  Tourists could go EVA, and should not.  Github Issue:  #37
 - Fixed:  ToolTips displayed even when SM interface is not.  Github Issue: #38
 - Fixed:  ToolTips not properly updating on Xfer button. Github Issue:  #39
 - Fixed:  Crew Xfers between full parts failing under certain circumstances.  Github Issue #40

Edited by Papa_Joe

Ok folks.  Release is out.  Runs on 1.2.9, but should also work on 1.3 when it is released (barring any earth shaking changes).  

Note: this is NOT backwards compatible with KSP 1.2.2. Localization updates render the mod incompatible with KSP 1.2.2

Version 5.1.4.0 - Release 22 May 2017 - KSP 1.3 Compatibility Edition (1.2.9 Prerelease)
 - New:  Implemented Localization system.  Now it is possible to translate SM into other languages.
 - New:  Realism Settings Refactor.  Realism Mode is redefined and easier to use; settings are now more granular.
 - New:  - Added Radio switch for realism Categories:  Full, None, Default, Custom.  
 - New:  - Added new setting to the Realism Tab "Realistic Control". This affects ship control window and uncontrolled resource transfers.
 - New:  - Added new setting to the Realism Tab "Enable Roster Modifications".  Affects Roster actions Create, Add, Edit, Remove, and Respawn.
 - New:  - Added new setting to Realism Tab.  "Realistic Transfers".  This affects Transfer features for crew, science and resources.
 - New:  Added several new tooltips in the Mod.  Cleaned/updated up several others.
 - Fixed:  Selecting a resource in the Manifest Window triggered an enumeration error.
 - Fixed:  Crew respawn was always allowed.  Should be disabled for Realism.  Roster actions are now impacted by Enable Roster Modifications setting.
 - Fixed:  Issue with multiple instances of SMAddon class loading when changing scenes.
 - Fixed:  Roster and Settings windows continued to be displayed even when Pause Menu or Hide UI is on.
 - Fixed:  Manifest and other windows disappeared in flight under certain conditions (when staging/part destruction occurs).
 - Fixed:  Antennas not properly working. Post fix RemoteTech support is not yet confirmed.
 - Fixed:  Part highlighting on mouseover of part selection button was broken.  Bug introduced when I refactored highlighting awhile ago.
 - Fixed:  Sound file changes were not taking immediate effect.  Scene change was required. Github Issue #25
 - Fixed:  Resource Transfers exhibited incorrect stop button behavior with Target to source transfers.
 - Fixed:  Crew Xfers between full parts failing under certain circumstances.  Github Issue #40

Enjoy, and as always, let me know (here and via Git Issue) if you spot a bug!

Edited by Papa_Joe

Just an update.  WIth 1.3 released, I've tested and the current version of SM works in 1.3.  

I do plan on another update, as I have solved a longstanding issue with Vessel to vessel transfers.  One of the main issues I had when I implemented vessel to vessel transfers, was the fact that my vessel identification algorithm was messy and caused all parts of a given launch Id to be "linked" together.  This was annoying to me, as you could have 2 separate vessels launched on the same flight.  I have overcome this problem as I now better understand how KSP builds vessels and how Squad handles decoupling/undocking.  so, now when you launch 2 or more distinct ships on the same launch vehicle, they will appear as one vessel until they are detached from each other.  after that, when they dock together again, they now show up separately in the vessel to vessel transfer window.

Therefore, I will be releasing an update that includes an improved vessel to vessel transfer system, and also cleaning up the highlighting that goes with them.  I expect that to be in the next day or so.

KSP version 1.3 Update.  Official Release:

Version 5.1.4.1 - Release 26 May 2017 - KSP 1.3 Compatibility Edition
 - New:  Refactored Vessel to Vessel transfers.  Now separates multiple vessels originating from the same launch.

A lot of work went into this release.  I hope you like the changes.  As always, let me know if you find bugs either here or (preferably) via Github as an issue.

Enjoy!

New release:

Version 5.1.4.2 - Release 31 May 2017 - KSP 1.3 Compatibility Edition
 - Fixed: compatibility with latest DeepFreeze.  Freeze action from Roster Window was failing.
 - Fixed: Some localization was not complete.  Added additional tags for text not caught in first pass.
 - Fixed: Highlighting of parts was occurring outside the boundaries of the scroll windows.
 - Misc:  Cleaned up text rendering in general.  Converted to consistent use of C# string interpolation across mod.
 - Misc:  Cleaned up some code style issues.  I've been wanting to do this for a while, so KSP 1.3 was a good time to do it.
          This affected the SMWrapper.cs class for modders, and may break your mod.   
          If you use this or reflection to access SM, some methods had capitization changes.  
          Ex: SM... was replaced with Sm... get... was replaced with Get...  Nothing is gone, just "altered" :)

I may have found an error when you are running 5.1.4.2 and in fact this involves the Crew Roster Page..

I'll try and get a screen shot but I'm trying to find the file for the logs (But since I saved the log once I find it, then I'll send it..

The Issue is where the Crew Roster is a bit truncated and in fact you only get "Half the screeen (Also I am running this in Windowwed mode, and not full screen.

(And if someone can tell me where to find the log, I'll send it.. (and yes, I did turn the debug/Errro logging on

Space Coyote

19 hours ago, Space_Coyote said:

I may have found an error when you are running 5.1.4.2 and in fact this involves the Crew Roster Page..

I'll try and get a screen shot but I'm trying to find the file for the logs (But since I saved the log once I find it, then I'll send it..

The Issue is where the Crew Roster is a bit truncated and in fact you only get "Half the screeen (Also I am running this in Windowwed mode, and not full screen.

(And if someone can tell me where to find the log, I'll send it.. (and yes, I did turn the debug/Errro logging on

Space Coyote

It just goes to show you it is always the last change you make....  I have duplicated the error.  update on its way.

Edited by Papa_Joe

New Release:

Version 5.1.4.3 - Release 01 Jun 2017 - KSP 1.3 Compatibility Edition - "it's always the last change you make bug fixes edition"
 - Fixed: Error in scrollviewer dimensions refactor.  reversed height and width.
 - Fixed: Minor boundary detection error with mouseover highlighting.  The visible button list window boundaries were not completely respected.

Sorry about that.  Roster window looks much better now :) 

Whew...  now that the dust has settled, and SM is now 1.3 compatible, it is time to look to the future.  I suspect that the most important parts of the game are now in place, given the announcement that expansions are on their way.. While I expect they will add new features, the basic mechanics of the game should now be (fairly) stable.

With that in mind, I'd like to begin looking anew at my implementation of Science in SM.  I have really not given this area any serious consideration, as I usually play sandbox (that is when I get to actually play), and career mode is very new to me.  Given that the career portion of the game has been greatly expanded, I think it is time for me to really look at how SM can help with the process of science collection and transfer.

With that said, I'd like to hear from everyone what issues they face with science and what they think SM could do to help with those issues.

Thoughts?

Edited by Papa_Joe

1 hour ago, Papa_Joe said:

Whew...  now that the dust has settled, and SM is now 1.3 compatible, it is time to look to the future.  I suspect that the most important parts of the game are now in place, given the announcement that expansions are on their way.. While I expect they will add new features, the basic mechanics of the game should now be (fairly) stable.

With that in mind, I'd like to begin looking anew at my implementation of Science in SM.  I have really not given this area any serious consideration, as I usually play sandbox (that is when I get to actually play), and career mode is very new to me.  Given that the career portion of the game has been greatly expanded, I think it is time for me to really look at how SM can help with the process of science collection and transfer.

With that said, I'd like to hear from everyone what issues they face with science and what they think SM could do to help with those issues.

Thoughts?

I mostly like science in SM - I do wish I could transfer both left->right as well as right->left (I don't typically distinguish between which part should be on which side mentally), and I wish I could get a 'vessel' view of some sort.  (Example use: Automated science rover, manned science harvesting craft/lab.  Attach rover to manned craft via KIS, transfer all the science over, then reset, unattach, and send rover to next site.  At the moment it takes a lot of going 'ok, next experiment, transfer, next experiment...')

I've seen some wishing they could transfer lab data around - I haven't had any issues with that personally, but I could see the point.

2 minutes ago, DStaal said:

I mostly like science in SM - I do wish I could transfer both left->right as well as right->left (I don't typically distinguish between which part should be on which side mentally), and I wish I could get a 'vessel' view of some sort.  (Example use: Automated science rover, manned science harvesting craft/lab.  Attach rover to manned craft via KIS, transfer all the science over, then reset, unattach, and send rover to next site.  At the moment it takes a lot of going 'ok, next experiment, transfer, next experiment...')

I've seen some wishing they could transfer lab data around - I haven't had any issues with that personally, but I could see the point.

Currently, there is a vessel view for resource transfers.  I could "extend" this concept to both crew and science.  That would allow moving all crew from one docked vessel to another, as well as all science in one docked vessel to another.

28 minutes ago, Papa_Joe said:

Currently, there is a vessel view for resource transfers.  I could "extend" this concept to both crew and science.  That would allow moving all crew from one docked vessel to another, as well as all science in one docked vessel to another.

The resources transfers are what made me think of it.  I'm constantly going 'ok, I'll just transfer like I do with fuel... Oh wait' for science transfers.  :wink:

Crew transfers haven't bugged me as much - probably because there's less clicking around.  My automated science rovers might well have 10-20 different experiments, each of which is a separate part, while crew transfers tends to between 3-4 parts (total) on docked ships.  Still, I wouldn't turn it down.  :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @Papa_Joe, I'm getting Ship Manifest throwing errors when I'm trying to transfer my crew around my vessel (using CLS). My debug log just spams:

[ShipManifest] - Error:   in Ship Manifest Window.  Error:  Object reference not set to an instance of an object 

at ShipManifest.InternalObjects.SMHighlighter.GetPartHighlightColor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.InternalObjects.SMHighlighter.RevertMouseOverHighlight () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.InternalObjects.SMHighlighter.MouseOverHighlight () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.Windows.WindowTransfer.Display (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

This repeats forever and kills my performance. The only way to get it to stop is to send the Kerbal that I'm trying to transfer on IVA, but then I can't ever close the Ship Manifest window as it says a move is still occurring. Any clues?

15 hours ago, LemonSkin said:

Hey @Papa_Joe, I'm getting Ship Manifest throwing errors when I'm trying to transfer my crew around my vessel (using CLS). My debug log just spams:

[ShipManifest] - Error:   in Ship Manifest Window.  Error:  Object reference not set to an instance of an object 

at ShipManifest.InternalObjects.SMHighlighter.GetPartHighlightColor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.InternalObjects.SMHighlighter.RevertMouseOverHighlight () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.InternalObjects.SMHighlighter.MouseOverHighlight () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.Windows.WindowTransfer.Display (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

This repeats forever and kills my performance. The only way to get it to stop is to send the Kerbal that I'm trying to transfer on IVA, but then I can't ever close the Ship Manifest window as it says a move is still occurring. Any clues?

Yup.  I think I fount that one myself, and have a fix in my Dev branch.  let me take a look and see if I'm in a state to release a dot update.  as a quick fix, you can turn off highlighting in the settings window.

Edited by Papa_Joe

11 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

Yup.  I think I fount that one myself, and have a fix in my Dev branch.  let me take a look and see if I'm in a state to release a dot update.  as a quick fix, you can turn off highlighting in the settings window.

Hmm, hasn't seemed to fix it. What's more, if I do a fresh install of both SM and CLS, the Ship Manifest settings window defaults to 'Custom'. If I try to change any settings and hit save, I get a Null Reference thrown at me. If I hit 'Default', I'm able to change settings and save them without the Null Reference, but all CLS-related options are unselectable and greyed out. In both cases, I still get the log spam that grinds my game to a halt.

Edit: I seem to have fixed it by enabling "Stock Crew Xfers" and then disabling "SM Crew XFers" in that order. Of course then I lose SM functionality to move my crew around, but CLS functionality still seems to be working as intended.

Edited by LemonSkin

I du

5 hours ago, LemonSkin said:

Hmm, hasn't seemed to fix it. What's more, if I do a fresh install of both SM and CLS, the Ship Manifest settings window defaults to 'Custom'. If I try to change any settings and hit save, I get a Null Reference thrown at me. If I hit 'Default', I'm able to change settings and save them without the Null Reference, but all CLS-related options are unselectable and greyed out. In both cases, I still get the log spam that grinds my game to a halt.

Edit: I seem to have fixed it by enabling "Stock Crew Xfers" and then disabling "SM Crew XFers" in that order. Of course then I lose SM functionality to move my crew around, but CLS functionality still seems to be working as intended.

I duplicated the issue, and found the cause.   I've created a fix, however, I still have another Issue I'm in the middle of, so I'll be releasing a patch in the next day or two.  Sorry for the inconvenience!

• 2 weeks later...

Is it normal that SM doesn't show any extendable solar panels in corresponding control section? Just started playing since 1.3 update and noticed that issue (also strange that solar panels on all ships were retracted, though it's definitely not SM's thing).

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2017 at 3:29 PM, Mystique said:

Is it normal that SM doesn't show any extendable solar panels in corresponding control section? Just started playing since 1.3 update and noticed that issue (also strange that solar panels on all ships were retracted, though it's definitely not SM's thing).

No it is not normal, IF you have extendable solar panels on your vessel.  In my testing I'm seeing panels.  So, more info will be needed to help you.

Now, for an update.  I've been hard at work on an update to SM.  I have a major release coming soon.  I'm in the middle of testing; this testing might take a bit as it touches a fair amount of UI and functional code:  

Multi part/Vessel to part/vessel transfers for crew and for science.  Now you can move all crew or science from/to 1 or more parts or vessels.  Works basically the same as before.  The vessel switches now appear for all transfer types when vessels are docked together.

I've also done some updates to vessel detection, and I'm much happier with the results now.  I think, no matter how your original vessels were decoupled, docked, or undocked, and no matter the order it was done, SM should now properly detect individual vessels within a group of docked vessels, station or depot.

Thanks to @fitiales, Spanish language support has been added.

Finally I've added a new tab to the Control Window - Vessels.  you can now undock or rename a given vessel that is docked to another vessel, your station, or depot.

Proposed change list:

Version 5.2.0.0 - Release xx Jul 2017 - Vessel to Vessel Edition!
 - New: Added Docked vessel to vessel Crew and Science transfers!
 - New: Added Docked Vessels Control panel.  View your docked vessels, and undock a vessel with a click of a button.
 - New: Spanish localization added.  Thanks to fitiales!
 - Misc: refactored vessel detection for vessel to vessel transfers, it was not behaving as expected.
 - Misc: A bit of refactoring on highlighting, as it was not behaving as expected
 - Misc: Increased volume for crew movement sounds.

More to come folks!  I should have some pictures soon.

On 7/9/2017 at 8:45 AM, Papa_Joe said:

No it is not normal, IF you have extendable solar panels on your vessel.  In my testing I'm seeing panels.  So, more info will be needed to help you.

Ook, here is screenshot of situation (newly created sandbox with simple test rig):

http://imgur.com/wXOJHMl

Also KSP.log on google drive:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3LEHQBD7i8laUxJZk1aOW9GSXM

What else may I provide? Not a crash situation, don't even know what to attach :)

12 hours ago, Mystique said:

Ook, here is screenshot of situation (newly created sandbox with simple test rig):

http://imgur.com/wXOJHMl

Also KSP.log on google drive:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3LEHQBD7i8laUxJZk1aOW9GSXM

What else may I provide? Not a crash situation, don't even know what to attach :)

Ok, i have tested SM 5.1.4.3 in a fresh install of KSP 1.3, and it works just fine.  Based on your output log, you have a lot of mods installed.  I noted some issues during Module Manager parsing about removing nodes based on missing dependent mods.  That may or may not be an issue, but I suspect that you have some sort of Mod Conflict.  Based on what I'm seeing, possibly USI or Near Future,  That is only a guess based on the logs.  No errors are found, so that means an expected module is not showing up when searched.  ModuleDeployableSolarPanel is what I search for.  If that module was replaced by a custom module manager config, that would explain the failure.

Using a clean game save, as any existing flights will be broken if you remove dependent mods, I recommend removing mods one at a time, using your test rig just as you have it.  when you see panels, the last removed Mod is the culprit.  Then replace any other mods that were previously removed to verify, again one at a time, leaving that one mod out.  

If the incorrect behavior does not return, then it is that one mod.  Otherwise, it could be multiple mods conflicting, and this troubleshooting method will identify either condition.

Hope that helps.  If there is a custom module I need to detect, this will also help me to identify it.  Please let me know what you find out.

Edited by Papa_Joe

13 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

Ok, i have tested SM 5.1.4.3 in a fresh install of KSP 1.3, and it works just fine.  Based on your output log, you have a lot of mods installed.  I noted some issues during Module Manager parsing about removing nodes based on missing dependent mods.  That may or may not be an issue, but I suspect that you have some sort of Mod Conflict.  Based on what I'm seeing, possibly USI or Near Future,  That is only a guess based on the logs.  No errors are found, so that means an expected module is not showing up when searched.  ModuleDeployableSolarPanel is what I search for.  If that module was replaced by a custom module manager config, that would explain the failure.

Using a clean game save, as any existing flights will be broken if you remove dependent mods, I recommend removing mods one at a time, using your test rig just as you have it.  when you see panels, the last removed Mod is the culprit.  Then replace any other mods that were previously removed to verify, again one at a time, leaving that one mod out.  

If the incorrect behavior does not return, then it is that one mod.  Otherwise, it could be multiple mods conflicting, and this troubleshooting method will identify either condition.

Hope that helps.  If there is a custom module I need to detect, this will also help me to identify it.  Please let me know what you find out.

Same issue.

Also many mods installed. I guess I will tray to find out which one is responsible. Maybe related, maybe not, but it also happens to me with antennas, they do not show in their windows. I'll keep you informed if I find which one is the culprit.

20 hours ago, KaiserSoze said:

Same issue.

Also many mods installed. I guess I will tray to find out which one is responsible. Maybe related, maybe not, but it also happens to me with antennas, they do not show in their windows. I'll keep you informed if I find which one is the culprit.

Yep, same story with antennas, I just care about them less than about solar panels :)

Papa_Joe, thanks for advice, I'll try messing around with other mods.

On 7/12/2017 at 9:27 AM, Mystique said:

Yep, same story with antennas, I just care about them less than about solar panels :)

Papa_Joe, thanks for advice, I'll try messing around with other mods.

Antennas "could" be remote tech.  I have not tested that compatibility in awhile.   Let me know what you find out.

Finally one more thing to check.  Be sure the vessel is controllable.  I do recall limiting control of ship functions by that flag.  You can test that by turning off realism.  if your antennae and solar panels appear, that is the reason.

Edited by Papa_Joe

On 7/11/2017 at 6:55 AM, KerbMav said:

Is there an option to shove tourists around when the rocket is overbooked?
Or when the tour shuttle arrives at the Munar hotel?

Hadn't considered that.  Space tourism...  Hmm.. well to filter the kerbal list for just tourists is trivial, so I'll add an option to allow that.  Now where to put that option..

Edited by Papa_Joe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.