[1.12.x] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 6.0.8.0 - 28 Apr 23

Papa_Joe

very strange... I could not duplicate, and did almost exactly the same thing. If you can tell me if the parts were from a particular addon, I can try to duplicate using the same parts....

The tanks are from KW Rocketry, that much I remember.

Will do some more testing with the latest release later.

The tanks are from KW Rocketry, that much I remember.

Will do some more testing with the latest release later.

Thanks! I use KW as well. My tests were also included procedural parts... those seemed to work fine as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Just an update for those that may be interested. with the new release of SM, CLS now works with SM again.

I've updated the space detection methodology, and SM again respects CLS internal paths. If you install(ed) CLS, just enable it in the settings, and you will be good to go. Highlighting behave a bit differently, as I now continue the stock behavior of highlighting the crewable parts (albeit with configurable colors for CLS in settings as before). However, if you want to see passable parts, you will need to open the CLS window from CLS and select the space you wish to view.

Next release will include support for hatch management on your vessel, to make it easier to open and close hatches. I plan to include highlighting of hatches as they are moused over in the hatch window. I'll share more after I have a working prototype and can provide some images.

the negative resource bug was happening with tac life support parts (stack 1.25m life support and waste).

Have the same problem. And also the problem with a click on the transfer button only transfers 1 unit of whatever it is being transferred + slider is at max the whole time. You already know it but I just wanted to let you know that there are more of us with the same problems. Love the mod otherwise though! Great work!

Edited by Devric

Thanks! I use KW as well. My tests were also included procedural parts... those seemed to work fine as well.

Realism mode now works for me on that problematic ship with KW tanks (I have a handful of the same design... so can't swear it was the exact same ship).

Note: I had an issue where some KW tanks got the "-1" bug. Leaving the flight scene (back to the space port or a different craft) and coming back resulted in them being properly set to zero fuel.

My guess is that you have a check that compares for "= 0" instead of "<= 0" to determine whether a tank is empty. Since the fuel seems to be using floating point calculations, there might be -0.000000001 units of fuel in the tank due to a rounding error.

Have the same problem. And also the problem with a click on the transfer button only transfers 1 unit of whatever it is being transferred + slider is at max the whole time. You already know it but I just wanted to let you know that there are more of us with the same problems. Love the mod otherwise though! Great work!

strange, as in all my testing, I've NEVER seen that. Can you maybe provide more detail? does it happen all the time, or just under certain conditions? Also, check the debug window and see if there are any errors. If so save the log and post what you find.

Realism mode now works for me on that problematic ship with KW tanks (I have a handful of the same design... so can't swear it was the exact same ship).

Thanks for the update.

Papa_Joe, can you please change version from "ShipManifest.90.0.3.3.3" to "0.90.0_3.3.3" ok KerbalStuff? This breaks CKAN version progression check. At least, if I correctly understood from where it gathers its data. Thanks.

I cannot. it is set in stone on Kerbalstuff once it has been submitted. I made a request and was denied (with good reason as it is version control after all). So just go to version 3.3.4 (it is named correctly on Kerbalstuff), which has been released. CKan should have picked it up by now. I'll also inquire into CKan to see if i can alter the meta file.

Note: I had an issue where some KW tanks got the "-1" bug. Leaving the flight scene (back to the space port or a different craft) and coming back resulted in them being properly set to zero fuel.

My guess is that you have a check that compares for "= 0" instead of "<= 0" to determine whether a tank is empty. Since the fuel seems to be using floating point calculations, there might be -0.000000001 units of fuel in the tank due to a rounding error.

Thanks for that... I'll check the logic and see... That could be possible...

Edited by Papa_Joe

Ok, after closely examining my code, I do indeed have a check for a negative number. I used a -1 check for a condition and it should have really been a < 0 check. I've altered the code to properly account for that.

In addition, I did not have proper boundary checking on the max amount, which likely accounted for others reporting the number jumping to tank values after transfers (that one was awhile back but I could not duplicate).

Finally, due to the fact that I took a closer look at old code, I was able to resolve the issues with entering decimals and zeros to the right of the decimal place in the text entry field. The next update will include these fixes.

Thanks so much for the feedback!

Edited by Papa_Joe

Hello PapaJoe.

Im here to report two bugs from the latest version of ShipManifest.

1) When i was standing still on the runway Intake air was 0 despite me having 5 air intakes, with little forward motions i was able to get some intake air but the engines were not lighting up.

2) When standing still on the runway the kerbal icons were black(I mean those happy faces on the bottom right) when i was doing little motions they were animated again.

I believe it is a ship manifest bug because it happened after i updated to the latest version and also because now that i have deleted the ship manifest folder it is all normal again.

Hello PapaJoe.

Im here to report two bugs from the latest version of ShipManifest.

1) When i was standing still on the runway Intake air was 0 despite me having 5 air intakes, with little forward motions i was able to get some intake air but the engines were not lighting up.

2) When standing still on the runway the kerbal icons were black(I mean those happy faces on the bottom right) when i was doing little motions they were animated again.

I believe it is a ship manifest bug because it happened after i updated to the latest version and also because now that i have deleted the ship manifest folder it is all normal again.

Interesting. I do not do anything with fuel flow, air flow, etc, other than to enable / disable flow by part (at your request). By default nothing is changed. also, if you simply had Ship Manifest installed (and the window not actually open), then there would be no affect on the craft at all.

Can you give me some specifics on your issue? Did you reinstall the previous version and did it work? Were you using any other plugins (Connected living space, Module Manager, parts backs etc?)?

Also, did you check the debug window in SM to see if there were any errors?

Thanks for any info you can provide. I have not seen the issues you have raised, so I will need assistance in attempting to duplicate.

Interesting. I do not do anything with fuel flow, air flow, etc, other than to enable / disable flow by part (at your request). By default nothing is changed. also, if you simply had Ship Manifest installed (and the window not actually open), then there would be no affect on the craft at all.

Can you give me some specifics on your issue? Did you reinstall the previous version and did it work? Were you using any other plugins (Connected living space, Module Manager, parts backs etc?)?

Also, did you check the debug window in SM to see if there were any errors?

Thanks for any info you can provide. I have not seen the issues you have raised, so I will need assistance in attempting to duplicate.

Hmmm, no i did not install the previous version but i can try that in a couple of hours(when im done studying) as well as try to recreate it with the current version to give you the debug window( i didnt do that either last time,sorry).

All i did was delete the shipmanifest and it got right, may be a coincidence :S.

As for other plugins,yes i am using a lot unfortunately(including the ones you mentioned) which makes it hard to find which one is problematic but i concluded it was ship manifest because the issue got fixed after i deleted it (as it seems i have to delve deeper)

Hmmm, no i did not install the previous version but i can try that in a couple of hours(when im done studying) as well as try to recreate it with the current version to give you the debug window( i didnt do that either last time,sorry).

All i did was delete the shipmanifest and it got right, may be a coincidence :S.

As for other plugins,yes i am using a lot unfortunately(including the ones you mentioned) which makes it hard to find which one is problematic but i concluded it was ship manifest because the issue got fixed after i deleted it (as it seems i have to delve deeper)

If you are willing to do so, it will greatly aid me in my understanding of the failure. Additionally, you can do a dump of the debug log (Alt + F12 to get to the KSP debugger). that may also shed some light on the issue.

Finally, if you can tell me if you are running the 32 bit or 64 bit version of KSP and your OS that may help as well.

thanks!

Edited by Papa_Joe

Okay KSP is just trolling me at this point.

Same vessel same mod configuration same (latest) ship manifest version, no bug...

If it happens again i will be sure to get all the info (debug console and ability to duplicate)

Sorry for wasting your time mate,keep up the good work

Okay KSP is just trolling me at this point.

Same vessel same mod configuration same (latest) ship manifest version, no bug...

If it happens again i will be sure to get all the info (debug console and ability to duplicate)

Sorry for wasting your time mate,keep up the good work

Please do not worry, I never consider feedback a waste of time. Even if the issue may not be my plugin, I may be able to assist. :)

You have a quite interesting Version string over on kerbalstuff :)

Would you mind to shorten that to just "0.90.0.3.3.3", cutting the "ShipManifest." part from the beginning? This would make update notification thingies much easier for CKAN :)

Papa_Joe, can you please change version from "ShipManifest.90.0.3.3.3" to "0.90.0_3.3.3" ok KerbalStuff? This breaks CKAN version progression check. At least, if I correctly understood from where it gathers its data. Thanks.

Ok, I've contacted the makers of CKAN. they have agreed to remove version ShipManifest.90.0.3.3.3 from their meta. Please be advised that you will need to follow the note below to rectify it at your end. My apologies for the error and the inconvenience!

NOTE: If you are using CKAN and you have version ShipManifest.90.0.3.3.3 installed, please remove the addon using CKAN. I have contacted the Admins of CKAN and they are removing the meta for this version. This will allow 0.90.0_3.3.4 to properly appear in the list. It may take a bit for the mod managers to update the meta...

Hope this helps!

Edited by Papa_Joe

(I believe that I am using ShipManifest.90.0_3.3.4_01152014, realism mode turned on)

I think I have a reproducible bug for the -1 transfer issue.

#1 Toss two crafts up into orbit

#2 dock them

#3 immediately attempt to transfer from one ship to the other

The "Xfer" button will move 1 unit of LF/O/MonoProp in the wrong direction on each click. Jumping to another vessel / space center and coming back makes everything work normally.

(I believe that I am using ShipManifest.90.0_3.3.4_01152014, realism mode turned on)

I think I have a reproducible bug for the -1 transfer issue.

#1 Toss two crafts up into orbit

#2 dock them

#3 immediately attempt to transfer from one ship to the other

The "Xfer" button will move 1 unit of LF/O/MonoProp in the wrong direction on each click. Jumping to another vessel / space center and coming back makes everything work normally.

thanks for that feedback.

Question. was SM open at the time of docking? Also did the amount in the text box ahow -1?

thanks for that feedback.

Question. was SM open at the time of docking? Also did the amount in the text box ahow -1?

SM was not open at the time of docking and neither side showed -1, both sides had about 1/2 full tanks and I was trying to top off the "tug" before undocking from the fuel depot.

SM was not open at the time of docking and neither side showed -1, both sides had about 1/2 full tanks and I was trying to top off the "tug" before undocking from the fuel depot.

Thanks. I personally have never seen this error in my testing. I do a lot of docking as I like to build space stations above each planet :). Others have experienced the same issue as you though, so I've taken a close look at the code.

As mentioned in posts before this, I have identified a potential issue in code. I've corrected it, and it will be included with the next release (3.3.5).

Yep - using my workaround (going to a different vessel or the space center) until next release.

Could be a mod issue, could be MKS/OKS, could just be that I switch back and forth a lot using the '[' and ']' keys during docking to check alignment. Could be gremlins or just the Kerbals being kerbally.

I am only seeing ShipManifest.90.3.3.3 in CKAN's repo list. Checked all the list in CKAN (incompatible, etc.) and didn't see any other version anywhere. Fresh install of Windows 7 so fresh everything else as well. Saw your last OP edit was 5 days ago so this might be worth mentioning. Surely the CKAN repo doesn't take 5 days to update... Love the mod btw. Manually download 3.3.4 for now.

I am only seeing ShipManifest.90.3.3.3 in CKAN's repo list. Checked all the list in CKAN (incompatible, etc.) and didn't see any other version anywhere. Fresh install of Windows 7 so fresh everything else as well. Saw your last OP edit was 5 days ago so this might be worth mentioning. Surely the CKAN repo doesn't take 5 days to update... Love the mod btw. Manually download 3.3.4 for now.

Yup, I've noticed that as well... I keep checking daily for an update, as I've setup CKAN on a test installation of KSP. I'll check in with them and see what's what. maybe I need to enter a pull request to delete the offending meta...

Update: I found an open issue on CKAN addressing an error that is generated when attempting to download ShipManifest. This error was caused by my removal of version ShipManifest.90.0.3.3.3 from KerbalStuff. I have commented in that issue (#762). I have also created a pull request to remove the offending .ckan file, so that 0.90.0_3.3.4 shows up properly.

Should be merged and released soon I hope. BTW, if you really want that removed version (I can't imagine why), you can still get it on GitHub. :)

Edited by Papa_Joe

Yup, I've noticed that as well... I keep checking daily for an update, as I've setup CKAN on a test installation of KSP. I'll check in with them and see what's what. maybe I need to enter a pull request to delete the offending meta...

Update: I found an open issue on CKAN addressing an error that is generated when attempting to download ShipManifest. This error was caused by my removal of version ShipManifest.90.0.3.3.3 from KerbalStuff. I have commented in that issue (#762). I have also created a pull request to remove the offending .ckan file, so that 0.90.0_3.3.4 shows up properly.

Should be merged and released soon I hope. BTW, if you really want that removed version (I can't imagine why), you can still get it on GitHub. :)

CKAN meta has been updated. Ship Manifest 0.90.0_3.3.4 is now showing as latest version.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Just a progress report:

I've made good progress on adding CLS aware hatch support. The next version of SM will require an update to CLS (IF you use CLS). I've forked CLS, and am working with codepoet to update CLS to expose an interface for his ModuleDockingHatch class. I'm also implementing a new highlighting methodology to remove existing issues with third party highlighting in CLS. When done I'll be submitting a Pull request to integrate the changes. These changes should NOT affect any existing Mod implementations, and will NOT require other mods to update their code (unless they wish to take advantage of the new interface and highlighting features).

The Hatch Window feature (imho) is very cool. All hatches are in one place (dashboard), and one click opens / closes a hatch. You also have an "Open all" and a "Close all" button. When opening all hatches, only those that "Can" be opened are opened, just as it is with the CLS tweakable on the part itself. I'm not going to let you open a hatch to open space :)

Of course, you can still open or close hatches via the part's tweakable menu, and it will be reflected in the hatch window.

If you chose not to use CLS the hatch Window button will not be enabled.

Version 0.90.0_3.4.0 - Release TBD - CLS Hatches, Mod Tweaks and More Edition.

- New: Added support for CLS Hatches. Now features a hatch dashboard

- - Open/close individual/all hatches in a vessel/space/part. Only those hatches that can be safely opened are enabled.

- - Part containing hatch is highlighted when you mouse over the control in the window. Open hatch is highlighted Green, Closed hatch is highlighted Red, Colors can be configured.

- - Part containing hatch is named in Window for easy reference.

- New: Added KSP-AVC support http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79745

- Bug: When when transferring a resource in realism mode, sometimes the source part ends up negative and causes issues.

I will keep you all updated as I get closer to release.

Edited by Papa_Joe