[1.12.x] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 6.0.8.0 - 28 Apr 23

Papa_Joe

Thank you for your stock transfer work.

I got some exceptions recently.

Respawning kerbals caused my game to throw 150 exceptions per minute, as seen here. (Under KSP)

This one is minor, but clicking on vessel that's missing parts also throws an exception once, seen here. (Under KSP too)

Here is the full log.

Interesting. None of the errors are "directly" related to Ship Manifest. However, it may be that the other mods in question are "assuming" certain events will not be firing at this time. I will see if I'm firing an event that could possibly be causing the issue in this particular scene. That could account for the issue.

Last couple of tried I did with this instead of Crew Manifest KSP freezes when trying to create a Kerbal with SM, which isn't a problem with CM. I'm wondering if something in the way the selection of profession is conflicting with a non standard professions and it causing an infinite loop. Does it go by the internal names for the professions or by what is displayed?

Interesting. None of the errors are "directly" related to Ship Manifest. However, it may be that the other mods in question are "assuming" certain events will not be firing at this time. I will see if I'm firing an event that could possibly be causing the issue in this particular scene. That could account for the issue.

Update: I've looked over the code, installed Exception detector and duplicated the issue. I made a change by removing the ProtoCrewMember.Spawn() method. This seems to get rid of the error, and the status of the Kerbal still changes. I'll include this change with the next release. Please note the second error does not involve SM at all.

Thanks for reporting the issue!

Last couple of tried I did with this instead of Crew Manifest KSP freezes when trying to create a Kerbal with SM, which isn't a problem with CM. I'm wondering if something in the way the selection of profession is conflicting with a non standard professions and it causing an infinite loop. Does it go by the internal names for the professions or by what is displayed?

I've recently discovered there is a compatibility issue with KerbalStats, and other mods that add "non standard" or custom professions. I discovered this as I've begun work on Roster Manager. These mods actively manage the profession of a kerbal by separately persisting extra data for a kerbal and using it upon load. Kerbal stats, and other mods that use active Profession management "require" you to continue using their mods to retain changes made to kerbal professions. If you were to discontinue use of their mods, then your kerbals revert to the profession automatically assigned by KSP, based on the name.

I wanted to provide a means of persisting the profession and name WITHOUT locking you into using SM "forever more" with that particular game save. With my method, if you later decided to discontinue using SM, the altered professions remain. SO, Ship manifest uses a "hack", if you will, by adding a series of Ascii "1"s appended to the name to alter the hash generated by KSP to get the desired profession. This also means that SM does NOT support custom professions when you use the renaming options.

If you are using mods that use active profession management, I highly recommend you disable Kerbal Renaming and profession management in SM (it is disabled by default). If you already have some kerbals renamed using SM, you can remove the extra characters in the game save and you should be able to continue using the other mods. Iirc, they appear as "smiley faces" in a normal text editor.

I'm looking into providing both methods in a later update, so as to maintain compatibility with these mods, and still provide you the user choice in how you want to persist profession changes.

If this does NOT describe your issue, then I will need more information. I'm using kerbal renaming and profession management with no issues in my main game save and my test save.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Hello Papa_Joe,

I think I've found an issue with ShipManifest...

A few days ago, I landed on Mun and, during an EVA (with everthing running normally), when I planted a flag, the FPS dropped from something about 65 to something about 10. I barely could get back to the capsule to took off. The game ran normally from that point on. I thought that HAD to do with TextureReplacer and other beautification mods I use (PlanetShine and EVE) so I started asking shaw (TextureReplacer's modder) for help.

After some tests (just EVAing from a mk1 pod on the Launchpad and planting a flag), I had to agree with him his mod apparently had nothing to do with the issue. So, I accepted his suggestion (start with a vanilla install).

When I did these tests, I got surprised, the issue got back as soon as I added ShipManifest. So I did an extreme test: I reinstalled all mods EXCEPT ShipManifest and everything worked fine (there was a FPS drop, but more reasonable, from 70 to 65). When I installed ShipManifest (newly downloaded from GitHub), the issue got back (from 70 to 10).

The links to my posts on this matter on TextureReplacer thread are:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/107471-0-90-TextureReplacer-2-2-6-%2810-3-2015%29?p=1766608&viewfull=1#post1766608

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/107471-0-90-TextureReplacer-2-2-6-%2810-3-2015%29?p=1776508&viewfull=1#post1776508

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/107471-0-90-TextureReplacer-2-2-6-%2810-3-2015%29?p=1777556&viewfull=1#post1777556

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/107471-0-90-TextureReplacer-2-2-6-%2810-3-2015%29?p=1777813&viewfull=1#post1777813

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/107471-0-90-TextureReplacer-2-2-6-%2810-3-2015%29?p=1781012&viewfull=1#post1781012

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/107471-0-90-TextureReplacer-2-2-6-%2810-3-2015%29?p=1782430&viewfull=1#post1782430

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/107471-0-90-TextureReplacer-2-2-6-%2810-3-2015%29?p=1783522&viewfull=1#post1783522

Do you have any idea why would ShipManifest affect FPS, specially due to flag planting?

--- EDIT ---

Here's the log (I forgot do add it): KSP.log

Could you please help me?

Edited by jlcarneiro
Adding log file

Hello Papa_Joe,

I think I've found an issue with ShipManifest...

A few days ago, I landed on Mun and, during an EVA (with everthing running normally), when I planted a flag, the FPS dropped from something about 65 to something about 10. I barely could get back to the capsule to took off. The game ran normally from that point on. I thought that HAD to do with TextureReplacer and other beautification mods I use (PlanetShine and EVE) so I started asking shaw (TextureReplacer's modder) for help.

After some tests (just EVAing from a mk1 pod on the Launchpad and planting a flag), I had to agree with him his mod apparently had nothing to do with the issue. So, I accepted his suggestion (start with a vanilla install).

When I did these tests, I got surprised, the issue got back as soon as I added ShipManifest. So I did an extreme test: I reinstalled all mods EXCEPT ShipManifest and everything worked fine (there was a FPS drop, but more reasonable, from 70 to 65). When I installed ShipManifest (newly downloaded from GitHub), the issue got back (from 70 to 10).

The links to my posts on this matter on TextureReplacer thread are:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/107471-0-90-TextureReplacer-2-2-6-%2810-3-2015%29?p=1766608&viewfull=1#post1766608

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/107471-0-90-TextureReplacer-2-2-6-%2810-3-2015%29?p=1776508&viewfull=1#post1776508

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/107471-0-90-TextureReplacer-2-2-6-%2810-3-2015%29?p=1777556&viewfull=1#post1777556

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/107471-0-90-TextureReplacer-2-2-6-%2810-3-2015%29?p=1777813&viewfull=1#post1777813

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/107471-0-90-TextureReplacer-2-2-6-%2810-3-2015%29?p=1781012&viewfull=1#post1781012

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/107471-0-90-TextureReplacer-2-2-6-%2810-3-2015%29?p=1782430&viewfull=1#post1782430

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/107471-0-90-TextureReplacer-2-2-6-%2810-3-2015%29?p=1783522&viewfull=1#post1783522

Do you have any idea why would ShipManifest affect FPS, specially due to flag planting?

--- EDIT ---

Here's the log (I forgot do add it): KSP.log

Could you please help me?

Please let me know what version you are using. I experienced this issue in an earlier version and was *sure* I corrected it. If you are experiencing this in the latest version I really need to know. Thanks for the report.

Also, just released a new version:

Version 0.90.0_4.1.3 - Release 12 Mar, 2015 - Better Behaviors Edition.

- New: Revised SM original Crew transfers to delay the actual transfer of a kerbal to the end of the wait period.

- New: Added support SM style Crew transfers when using the stock Crew transfer. You now get crew movement sounds, and the same delay for crewmember transfers when in realism mode. Can be disabled.

- New: Better support for multiple resource transfers. If both previously selected source and target parts contain a newly selected resource, parts will now remain selected.

- New: Revised resource movement duration algorithm. Now using a flow rate, based on source part capacity and max flow time setting. Now max time is based on pumping (pushing) a full tank.

- New: More Refactoring. Removed redundant part lists (SelectedResourceParts), refactored & renamed FindKerbalpart method. Removed TextureReplacer event option (not aware of anyone needing this).

- Bug: When in KSC & Roster Window, if you respawned a Kerbal (bring them back to life), Exception Detector would report errors from some other mods)

Edited by Papa_Joe

Please let me know what version you are using. I experienced this issue in an earlier version and was *sure* I corrected it. If you are experiencing this in the latest version I really need to know. Thanks for the report.

Also, just released a new version:

Version 0.90.0_4.1.3 - Release 12 Mar, 2015 - Better Behaviors Edition.

- New: Revised SM original Crew transfers to delay the actual transfer of a kerbal to the end of the wait period.

- New: Added support SM style Crew transfers when using the stock Crew transfer. You now get crew movement sounds, and the same delay for crewmember transfers when in realism mode. Can be disabled.

- New: Better support for multiple resource transfers. If both previously selected source and target parts contain a newly selected resource, parts will now remain selected.

- New: Revised resource movement duration algorithm. Now using a flow rate, based on source part capacity and max flow time setting. Now max time is based on pumping (pushing) a full tank.

- New: More Refactoring. Removed redundant part lists (SelectedResourceParts), refactored & renamed FindKerbalpart method. Removed TextureReplacer event option (not aware of anyone needing this).

- Bug: When in KSC & Roster Window, if you respawned a Kerbal (bring them back to life), Exception Detector would report errors from some other mods)

I was using version 4.1.2 (ShipManifest.90.0_4.1.2_02242015.zip).

After my message, I had just started a new sequence of tests, trying your latest versions one by one. Versions 3.3.3 and 3.3.4 worked fine and when I went to GitHub to get a new couple to test, I saw a version from today(?!), when I came here, you had answered my message and just released a new one.

Thanks! I'll try this one and will give you feedback.

Thank you for this update!

@jlcarneiro

Wow, I have the exact same issue! I also sometimes get those abnormal FPS drops when debris is created (it's not as bad, so probably not SM related). Always used the latest version.

I'll try to replicate later for log.

I was using version 4.1.2 (ShipManifest.90.0_4.1.2_02242015.zip).

[...]

Thanks! I'll try this one and will give you feedback.

Well, I've just tested this newest version (4.1.3) and the problem persists (from 73 fps to 13 fps), when I board the pod everything gets back to normal, even with the flag still planted.

Do you remember in what version did you fix this problem the last time it showed up? I could use THAT version until a new one comes out...

@SwGustav, Thanks!

--- EDIT ---

Well, version 4.1.0a (ShipManifest.90.0_4.1.0a_02182015.zip) gets a smaller drop (from 70 to 40).

YAY! Version 4.0.2 (ShipManifest.90.0_4.0.2_02132015.zip) is the latest one without any FPS issue I could detect! @SwGustav, that might interest you!

Edited by jlcarneiro
Test results

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I'll see if I can track it down.

If you could, turn on the debug window, and see if you are getting errors... I trap most of my own errors, and that way you can save them to disk from the debug window. frame rate drops are usually associated with spamming my debug log...

I'll see if I can duplicate myself as well.

definitely something we need to squash and quick.

Is there a way to modify crew (take Kerbals from Austaonaut complex or them move back there), when craft standing on launch pad or runway with realism and CLS turned on?

No. You must turn Realism mode off. The idea was that once assigned to a flight, there should be a cost for substitutions... This was based on player feedback. CLS will have no affect on crew assignment, only on crew movements within the spacecraft... I had debated whether or not to allow it in Pre-flight (on the pad), but the user feedback for realism folks was a no...

Edited by Papa_Joe

I have had the flag issue as well in 4.1.2 I just ignored it as using [ or ] to something nearby clears it up.

ah HA! So this mod is the culprit. I didn't take the time to track it down, [ ] worked fine to fix it. It's not just flags. Anytime another vessel is loaded the game starts crawling. So if I load onto the pad while another vessel is in range (flags count) then the game loads with low FPS until I swap to any other vessel with [ ] and when I swap back to the pad it's fine... until a piece of debris comes flying overhead and is loaded thx to Romfarer Lazor :P I removed this mod and did not have a problem loading onto the launchpad with a green counter, no FPS drop, while a flag was nearby. Anyways, logs (including SM Debug output, no verbose logging). Latest update doesn't seem to fix anything for me in this regard

ah HA! So this mod is the culprit. I didn't take the time to track it down, [ ] worked fine to fix it. It's not just flags. Anytime another vessel is loaded the game starts crawling. So if I load onto the pad while another vessel is in range (flags count) then the game loads with low FPS until I swap to any other vessel with [ ] and when I swap back to the pad it's fine... until a piece of debris comes flying overhead and is loaded thx to Romfarer Lazor :P I removed this mod and did not have a problem loading onto the launchpad with a green counter, no FPS drop, while a flag was nearby. Anyways, logs (including SM Debug output, no verbose logging). Latest update doesn't seem to fix anything for me in this regard

That's very helpful. I noticed this as well but did not associate it with my mod. I'll look at that portion of the code and see what's what. Knowing that 4.0.2 does not seem to exhibit it also helps. I can do a code comparison.

I've been busily refactoring the code and likely have introduced a bad behavior. I'm not seeing any errors...

Edited by Papa_Joe

No. You must turn Realism mode off. The idea was that once assigned to a flight, there should be a cost for substitutions... This was based on player feedback. CLS will have no affect on crew assignment, only on crew movements within the spacecraft... I had debated whether or not to allow it in Pre-flight (on the pad), but the user feedback for realism folks was a no...

It makes sense. I just wasn't sure is this a bug or a feature.

ah HA! So this mod is the culprit.

I've been trying to isolate this issue as well. My prime suspect was an interaction between CLS and SM as I was only ever able to repro with both installed at the same time, and even then not consistently. Main issue is that whenever I got a slowdown there was nothing in the logs to pinpoint anything. But it definitely is triggered by spawning a flag, or KAS-attaching parts, both of which, I think, are briefly marked as Debris". Simply flying in range of another vessel does not cause any issues.

I've been trying to isolate this issue as well. My prime suspect was an interaction between CLS and SM as I was only ever able to repro with both installed at the same time, and even then not consistently. Main issue is that whenever I got a slowdown there was nothing in the logs to pinpoint anything. But it definitely is triggered by spawning a flag, or KAS-attaching parts, both of which, I think, are briefly marked as Debris". Simply flying in range of another vessel does not cause any issues.

Thanks for that. I was examining the code, and I had made some changes to CLS vessel detection between 4.0.2 and 4.1.0. I was also thinking it may be related to those changes. That will help me track down the issue.

Having some problems with this mod. I recently installed 4.1.3 and all of a sudden the resource / crew / science transfers do not work. I enabled the debug window and I'm seeing some errors when I click on the resource (in this case, the crew) button. I reverted to 4.1.2 and everything seems to be working fine.

Here's a screenshot:

qK8UV25.png?1

Edited by Mascavidrio

Having some problems with this mod. I recently installed 4.1.3 and all of a sudden the resource / crew / science transfers do not work. I enabled the debug window and I'm seeing some errors when I click on the resource (in this case, the crew) button. I reverted to 4.1.2 and everything seems to be working fine.

I'm seeing the same errors when I attempt transfers with 4.1.3; 4.1.2 worked fine for me.

Here's a screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/qK8UV25.png?1

Ok that was just completely embarrassing. I don't know how I let this get out the door. I implemented a feature to test for whether or not an existing selected part contained the newly selected resource, and did NOT test it at all... My condition testing logic was just terribly bad.

I've corrected it and I think I've also found the cause of the frame rate issue reported earlier. Testing *thoroughly* to make sure I've got it and don't release *garbage* again :(

New release soon.

New Release:

Version 0.90.0_4.1.3.1 - Release 18 Mar, 2015 - Better Behaviours Edition. (bug fixes)

- New: Revised SM Crew transfer display to show "Moving" in place of the Xfer button for the kerbal being moved when the crew transfer is in progress. Helps with Xfer process visibility.

- Bug: Exceptions reported by SMAddon.CanShowShipManifest method when loading directly into a vessel on the pad from KSC.

- Bug: Frame rate slow down issues reported when planting a flag, coming near debris in flight mode. Issue was introduced in version 4.1.0

- Bug. Selecting a resource generates errors.

As always, let me know if you find any issues.

Enjoy!

Ok that was just completely embarrassing. I don't know how I let this get out the door. I implemented a feature to test for whether or not an existing selected part contained the newly selected resource, and did NOT test it at all... My condition testing logic was just terribly bad.

I've corrected it and I think I've also found the cause of the frame rate issue reported earlier. Testing *thoroughly* to make sure I've got it and don't release *garbage* again :(

New release soon.

I had the same problem, but after updating to 4.1.3.1 it works again. :) Thank you for this mod! It's just awesome.

It would be great, if in addition to solar panels controls Ship Manifest would have similar antennas control. It would be useful for remote tech. By the way, does this mod take into account control state of ship?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.