[1.12.x] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 6.0.8.0 - 28 Apr 23

Papa_Joe

Hi, I have some bugs to report. Is it ok to post them here? Do I need to follow other procedures? Please inform me. Regards...

you can post them here or in github, your choice. And I appreciate the reports. Only serves to make SM better. In your reports, provide reasonable information on how to reproduce and describe the conditions of the error if possible. it is also helpful to provide the SM Debug Window log, if there are any errors there. I try to trap all SM errors there to make it easy to save.

New release imminent....

Version 4.1.4.3 - Release 06 Apr, 2015 - RT bug, External crew bug and control display fixes.

- Fixed: When using RemoteTech, not all RemoteTech antennas would display in Control window list.

- Fixed: Sometimes when displaying part info in Antennas, Solar Panels, hatches and Lights, a null exception would occur and "unknown" would be displayed in part parent info.

- Fixed: Crew in external seats were not properly handled in SM. Attempts to transfer will generate unhanded errors, and could possibly corrupt the game save, requiring the vessel to be deleted.

Expect it in the next few hours, unless other bugs are reported that I can quickly fix.

Edited by Papa_Joe

I have a hopefully simple enhancement request.

All of the stock LF+O engines consume fuel and oxidizer at a fixed stoichiometric ratio; all the LF+O tanks store the propellants in that ratio. It would be helpful if there was a way to move both of them together in that ratio. It would both save time when refueling (fewer clicks required), and it would also make it easier to part-fill a tank without getting the ratios out of whack with each other and as a result possibly stranding LF on one craft and O on the other..

Is this the Blizzy toolbar or the stock toolbar where you are experiencing the issue? Is the vessel manned or unmanned? Are you using CLS or not?

stock toolbar, no CLS, happened in both manned and unmanned. strangely it has not happened again since i posted though (after about 2 days of problems)

I have a hopefully simple enhancement request.

All of the stock LF+O engines consume fuel and oxidizer at a fixed stoichiometric ratio; all the LF+O tanks store the propellants in that ratio. It would be helpful if there was a way to move both of them together in that ratio. It would both save time when refueling (fewer clicks required), and it would also make it easier to part-fill a tank without getting the ratios out of whack with each other and as a result possibly stranding LF on one craft and O on the other..

This is something I've wanted to do since near the beginning of SM. The problem is I've not thought of an elegant way to present it with the current interface. The basis of this mod is one resource at a time, so there would be a need to "link" the two resources in the display. The issue I have is with Real Fuels, Karbonite, and Kethane, and other mods such as these, where additional fuels and oxidizers can exist. How do I link these? I want to avoid having to manage a list of pairs, as that is a maintenance burden that is not welcome (kind of like having to manage multiple module manager configs for endless addons).

If you can think of a way to elegantly present it in the interface (like maybe a manual link button), then show me an example and it certainly is possible. Maybe I can use the ability to Toggle 2 resource buttons at the same time in the Manifest Window, and those parts that contain both resources then are displayed in the transfer window, and moved in a linked manner.

stock toolbar, no CLS, happened in both manned and unmanned. strangely it has not happened again since i posted though (after about 2 days of problems)

I must admit, I've not seen this issue. If you do discover a way to duplicate it, please let me know and I'll try to track it down.

Man, you are wonderful! Many many many thanks! I hug you :)

LOL... don't hug me too soon, this update only corrects the bug by disabling external to internal transfers and does not add the external crew transfer yet.

Still working on that and that will be a new feature, not a fix. :D

Edited by Papa_Joe

The Hugs Still! :P

thanks! I like hugs :D

Latest version has been released.

Version 4.1.4.3 - Release 06 Apr, 2015 - RT bug, External crew bug and control display fixes.

- Fixed: When using RemoteTech, not all RemoteTech antennas would display in Control window list.

- Fixed: Sometimes when displaying part info in Antennas, Solar Panels, hatches and Lights, a null exception would occur and "unknown" would be displayed in part parent info.

- Fixed: Crew in external seats were not properly handled in SM. Attempts to transfer will generate unhanded errors, and could possibly corrupt the game save, requiring the vessel to be deleted. Removed Crew members in external seats from xfer list.

Enjoy.

As always, let me know if you encounter any issues!

External crew transfers and LF+O xfers are now being looked at, along with RT queued commands...

Edit: Oops. Left in a debugging log message. It will slightly spam the SM Error log, but is an info message and will not trigger the Debug Error window to appear on you. It doesn't hurt anything and will not adversely affect the operation of KSP or SM. I'll remove it when I release the next version with LF+O and External crew transfers.

Edited by Papa_Joe

This is something I've wanted to do since near the beginning of SM. The problem is I've not thought of an elegant way to present it with the current interface. The basis of this mod is one resource at a time, so there would be a need to "link" the two resources in the display. The issue I have is with Real Fuels, Karbonite, and Kethane, and other mods such as these, where additional fuels and oxidizers can exist. How do I link these? I want to avoid having to manage a list of pairs, as that is a maintenance burden that is not welcome (kind of like having to manage multiple module manager configs for endless addons).

How about something like what GMail does for multi-select? If you're not familar with it, there's a tick box within each list item. You can build a set of resources by ticking the boxes, or select a single one by clicking in the item outside the tick box.

you could use the same sort of multi-select pattern within the transfer window for 1:N and N:1 (and N:M) transfers - select one on your tanker, select all 47 on the asparagus-staged Eve lander, and refuel with less fuss.

How about something like what GMail does for multi-select? If you're not familar with it, there's a tick box within each list item. You can build a set of resources by ticking the boxes, or select a single one by clicking in the item outside the tick box.

you could use the same sort of multi-select pattern within the transfer window for 1:N and N:1 (and N:M) transfers - select one on your tanker, select all 47 on the asparagus-staged Eve lander, and refuel with less fuss.

Thanks for the feedback. I've not used gmail much, so I'm not familiar with the interface. I will need to take a look at that.

Ok, so you are looking at more than just linking LF+O from part to part, you are also looking at 1:n, N:N and N:1 multi part transfers as well.... that is quite a different nut to chew on...

Let me give this some thought...

There is still something wrong with mods window behavior. The don't safe position and reset it to left corner every time the space scene loads. So if I move them somewhere, return to KSC and back to the ship, windows' position resets.

Also, windows of this mod only ignores F2 key, that hides all GUI - the just sta on the screen. It looks like windows of SM are created in some other way, then every other mod does.

There is still something wrong with mods window behavior. The don't safe position and reset it to left corner every time the space scene loads. So if I move them somewhere, return to KSC and back to the ship, windows' position resets.

Also, windows of this mod only ignores F2 key, that hides all GUI - the just sta on the screen. It looks like windows of SM are created in some other way, then every other mod does.

1. That would make sense, as I do not save window position changes between scenes. I can do that. In the short term, you can do one of the following:

- A Simply open the settings window, save settings, and the new window position will then be persisted.

- B. Turn on "Autosave Settings" in the Config tab of the Settings window. This will save the settings (including window positions) per the interval set below that option. Currently this is set to 180 sec (3 min).

2. Not sure about "every other mod", but I can make SM aware of the F2 key. I will add that to the next release.

Thanks for the feedback!

Edited by Papa_Joe

you can post them here or in github, your choice. And I appreciate the reports. Only serves to make SM better. In your reports, provide reasonable information on how to reproduce and describe the conditions of the error if possible. it is also helpful to provide the SM Debug Window log, if there are any errors there. I try to trap all SM errors there to make it easy to save.

New release imminent....

- Fixed: Crew in external seats were not properly handled in SM. Attempts to transfer will generate unhanded errors, and could possibly corrupt the game save, requiring the vessel to be deleted.

Expect it in the next few hours, unless other bugs are reported that I can quickly fix.

Thanks Papa_Joe,

First off I want to say that I use your mods since the wheel was made out of stone and was square. Thank you for your contribution. It has certainly made my gameplay more enjoyable for much of KSP.

To the bugs then... I have seen that many of them have been fixed in "Version: 4.1.4.3". Still I have found that if you disable realism mode you cannot transfer crew at all. I will keep digging and posting as I test out the new release.

Best regards,

Prowler_x1

- - - Updated - - -

If you can think of a way to elegantly present it in the interface (like maybe a manual link button), then show me an example and it certainly is possible. Maybe I can use the ability to Toggle 2 resource buttons at the same time in the Manifest Window, and those parts that contain both resources then are displayed in the transfer window, and moved in a linked manner.

I must admit, I've not seen this issue. If you do discover a way to duplicate it, please let me know and I'll try to track it down.

LOL... don't hug me too soon, this update only corrects the bug by disabling external to internal transfers and does not add the external crew transfer yet.

Still working on that and that will be a new feature, not a fix. :D

There is a simple solution to this, for example: "Procedure A" Step 1 (modifier key + Left click on right wing tank) = Right wing tank selected and highlighted. Step 2 (modifier key + Left click on left wing tank) = Left wing tank selected and highlighted. Grayed out button in menu now available to split fuel rounded off. "Procedure B" Step 1 repeat "procedure A" Step 2 add a third central tank. Grayed out button in menu now available to split fuel loads in exact quantity and pump uneven numbers into center or third tank.

I hope that helps someone to make my dreams come true.

Best regards,

Prowler_x1

Edited by Prowler_x1

1. That would make sense, as I do not save window position changes between scenes. I can do that. In the short term, you can do one of the following:

- A Simply open the settings window, save settings, and the new window position will then be persisted.

- B. Turn on "Autosave Settings" in the Config tab of the Settings window. This will save the settings (including window positions) per the interval set below that option. Currently this is set to 180 sec (3 min).

2. Not sure about "every other mod", but I can make SM aware of the F2 key. I will add that to the next release.

Thanks for the feedback!

Ok,

1. I've got the Window positions properly persisting between scenes (and not resetting the window positions). I also discovered that I was saving the roster window to the same position as the settings window. I corrected that as well.

2. I've also added awareness for showing / hiding the UI via F2. Now all SM based windows will show/hide when F2 is toggled.

Thanks Papa_Joe,

First off I want to say that I use your mods since the wheel was made out of stone and was square. Thank you for your contribution. It has certainly made my gameplay more enjoyable for much of KSP.

To the bugs then... I have seen that many of them have been fixed in "Version: 4.1.4.3". Still I have found that if you disable realism mode you cannot transfer crew at all. I will keep digging and posting as I test out the new release.

Best regards,

Prowler_x1

- - - Updated - - -

There is a simple solution to this, for example: "Procedure A" Step 1 (modifier key + Left click on right wing tank) = Right wing tank selected and highlighted. Step 2 (modifier key + Left click on left wing tank) = Left wing tank selected and highlighted. Grayed out button in menu now available to split fuel rounded off. "Procedure B" Step 1 repeat "procedure A" Step 2 add a third central tank. Grayed out button in menu now available to split fuel loads in exact quantity and pump uneven numbers into center or third tank.

I hope that helps someone to make my dreams come true.

Best regards,

Prowler_x1

Thanks for that. I'm looking into the crew transfer issue with Realism Off now.

for multi resource transfers, since I've added tooltips to the plugin, I can add text about using the Shift key when clicking on a resource. This will help with making what is not obvious easier to discover. That was part of the "elegance issue" in my mind.

Also, based on reexamining the interface, I could change the Transfer Amount slider to simply link the two resources, and display the amounts of both instead of one. further, I can add a ratio setting to allow for "custom" ratios for other mods, and default it to 0.9/1.1 for normal fuel/oxidizer.

This should allow for those that want to move more "exotic" mixes...

Also, with the 1:N, N:N, and N:1 desires, I can add the same multi select capability to the part selection in the Transfer window. This should make it easy enough to do.

With that said, what do you all think about having a setting to disable multi-resource and multi-part xfers. Say for Realism / Career management... I'm beginning to look at restrictions to certain features based on tech level and wonder if it makes sense...

Thoughts?

Finally, with the bug fixes I have completed and the planned Transfer Expansions, I think I'll release a minor bug fix release (4.1.4.4) before I move to the big stuff and make the next release 4.2.0.0.

So,

Release 4.1.4.4 will contain the crew xfer fix, the window positioning fix for scene changes and the show/hide UI fix. (likely today or tomorrow)

Release 4.2.0.0 will be the Transfer Expansion Edition - External Crew, Multi Resources, and Multi Part transfers. (when it's done :D)

Edited by Papa_Joe

2. I've also added awareness for showing / hiding the UI via F2. Now all SM based windows will show/hide when F2 is toggled.

I've never dig in Unity or KSP API, but I have some experience in software development. And I strongly suspect, that UI visibility should work independently of windows. It's just standard practice: create all GUI in separate layer/context/frame/whatever_it_called, and just toggle it's visibility. So no windows should ever be aware of this mechanic.

But you said you have do this reaction manually. So, it's possible, that you have created windows in a wrong layer.

I've never dig in Unity or KSP API, but I have some experience in software development. And I strongly suspect, that UI visibility should work independently of windows. It's just standard practice: create all GUI in separate layer/context/frame/whatever_it_called, and just toggle it's visibility. So no windows should ever be aware of this mechanic.

But you said you have do this reaction manually. So, it's possible, that you have created windows in a wrong layer.

That is certainly possible, as I'm no expert in Unity (or the KSP API for that matter :D). However, using the API documentation from KSP, they described two events tied to the F2 key called: GameEvents.onShowUI and GameEvents.onHideUI. They also mentioned that these events are where I should add my handler code to show and hide my mod windows.

Therefore, I'm using those events to manage the behavior.

Update:

Version 4.1.4.4 - Release 10 Apr, 2015 - Bug fixes.

- Fixed: Crew transfers fail when Realism Mode is Off.

- Fixed: SM windows do not hide when the F2 key is toggled to hide UI.

- Fixed: SM window positions are not automatically saved between scenes.

- Fixed: Roster window position incorrectly saving to settings window position.

- Changed: Altered Window Reposition behavior to be more intuitive.

- - - - - - Was: Reset window to 0.0 when position exceeds the edge of the screen.

- - - - - - Now: reposition window to edge of screen when position exceeds the edge of screen.

Enjoy.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Now working on 4.2.0.0

Planned:

Version 4.2.0.0 - Release TBD - Transfer Expansion Edtion. External Crew, Multi-Resources, Multi-Parts.

- New: When using External Seats, crew can be transferred from seat to seat.

- New: You can now "link" 2 resources together, by simply Shift+clicking on a Second Resource. All parts that contain both resources will be displayed, and xfers will be linked. A ratio box will appear to adjust ratios as needed.

- New: You can now link multiple parts in the Transfer window, and move resources from 1:N, N:N and N:1 parts. Will not overfill a target part, and will fill all equally (you can top off multiple parts)

- New: RT command queue is now respected. Antenna switching from the Control Window will now be queued.

Edited by Papa_Joe

I'm having a weird graphical glitch. I have no idea if this has been mentioned in the past but I did a quick comb through and didn't find anything. The button on the top-left toolbar that belongs to this mod (I am 80% sure) is overlapping with the stock funds/research/reputation button. I have a picture for clarity:

glitch.jpg

Is there a way to fix this?

EDIT: It actually seems to do this on every screen. It always overlaps with the first most left stock button. Is this a toolbar issue or an issue with this mod?

Edited by Munchkin9

I'm having a weird graphical glitch. I have no idea if this has been mentioned in the past but I did a quick comb through and didn't find anything. The button on the top-left toolbar that belongs to this mod (I am 80% sure) is overlapping with the stock funds/research/reputation button. I have a picture for clarity:

http://s28.postimg.org/rohsqvofx/glitch.jpg

Is there a way to fix this?

EDIT: It actually seems to do this on every screen. It always overlaps with the first most left stock button. Is this a toolbar issue or an issue with this mod?

Interesting. I'm not aware of anyone else reporting this. I will take a look at my copy and see if it is overlapping any stock toolbar buttons...

Out of curiosity, what version of SM are you using?

I just tested using version 4.1.4.4, and it does not overlap any existing stock buttons. However, I do not have as many buttons as you do listed. I do have up to 6, but it seems you have 8.

If you use Blizzy's Toolbar, you can configure SM to use it instead of the stock toolbar. That will at least overcome your current issue.

Edited by Papa_Joe

That is certainly possible, as I'm no expert in Unity (or the KSP API for that matter :D). However, using the API documentation from KSP, they described two events tied to the F2 key called: GameEvents.onShowUI and GameEvents.onHideUI. They also mentioned that these events are where I should add my handler code to show and hide my mod windows.

Therefore, I'm using those events to manage the behavior.

A really strange design from Squad. :confused:

- Fixed: SM window positions are not automatically saved between scenes.

It works at last! :D

Planned:

Version 4.2.0.0 - Release TBD - Transfer Expansion Edtion. External Crew, Multi-Resources, Multi-Parts.

- New: When using External Seats, crew can be transferred from seat to seat.

- New: You can now "link" 2 resources together, by simply Shift+clicking on a Second Resource. All parts that contain both resources will be displayed, and xfers will be linked. A ratio box will appear to adjust ratios as needed.

- New: You can now link multiple parts in the Transfer window, and move resources from 1:N, N:N and N:1 parts. Will not overfill a target part, and will fill all equally (you can top off multiple parts)

- New: RT command queue is now respected. Antenna switching from the Control Window will now be queued.

Update:

I've implemented Multi part (1:N, N:N N:1) transfers. I changed the behavior slightly tho. Part buttons now work like the Resource buttons and are toggles, so no Shift key is needed. You can now select / deselect multiple parts both on the source and target sections. Also, when a source part is selected, it will be "grayed" out on the target side and vice versa. This should make it easier to keep track of what has been selected on both sides.

I'm testing it now, and will be committing changes by Feature to Github as I get a feature implemented. This will make it easier for me to revert to a known good state in the event I go down a path I don't like on a new feature, after I get an existing feature working correctly.

Next is the Multi Resource feature. I intend to make it somewhat smart, as in you cannot combine crew or science with other resources, and it will respect flow modes. and realism. You could tho combine liquid fuel and mono propellent, assuming that there are parts that contain both. LF and O will be using the standard 0.9 / 1.1 ratio, and "custom" fuels and oxidizers will have an ability to adjust the ratio. If I get a wild hair and look into Real fuels and other mods, I may look at their ratios to see if it is something I can reasonably manage via a config...

I invite your thoughts on multi resource Xfers...

I'll keep you all posted.

Edited by Papa_Joe

I'm seeing this. Most vessels work fine, but my MKS colony base on minmus consistently refuses to show the SM control panel. The only logs in Player.log from ShipManifest area bunch of:

[ShipManifest]:  ShipManifestAddon.OnShowUI

No messages appear in the SM debug console, verbose logging only adds some messages about finding CLS. This happens with both stock and blizzy toolbars. When focused on the problematic vessel and clicking the toolbar it seems to be correctly toggling state (stock toolbar gets the "pressed" look) and switching to another vessel shows that the state is correctly being changed, however when enabling on the problematic vessel the icon does not turn green. Disabling if I've enabled from another vessel does turn the icon back to yellow.

I've got a lot of junk around the base, and oddly enough if I switch between it quickly with [] the SM interface will show up for a half second or so with the correct values for the base before disappearing. Switching to other ships in range generally show their SM panels ok, but undocking/redocking parts of the base don't seem to help.

Fair warning I've got lots of mods, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were some kind of conflict at work.

I tried rolling back as far as 4.1.4.1 and that didn't help.

I have had success with almost this exact same vessel (if anything I think I destroyed some parts) a few days ago, but for the past couple days nothing.

Going to try removing and/or reverting other mods to earlier versions when I've got some more time. For reference the mods updated in the past week or so and therefore are the most suspicious are:

AdGroups Extended

Waypoint Manager

Kerbal Inventory System

SETI

Contract Configurator

DMagic Orbital Science

Happy to try any suggestions you may have.

*edit*

As with any good bug, after posting about it it seems to be fixed (maybe?) I disabled CLS and manually moved a kerbal around and all of a sudden the SM window popped open. Will do more testing tomorrow.

Edited by jenden

I'm seeing this. Most vessels work fine, but my MKS colony base on minmus consistently refuses to show the SM control panel. The only logs in Player.log from ShipManifest area bunch of:

[ShipManifest]:  ShipManifestAddon.OnShowUI

No messages appear in the SM debug console, verbose logging only adds some messages about finding CLS. This happens with both stock and blizzy toolbars. When focused on the problematic vessel and clicking the toolbar it seems to be correctly toggling state (stock toolbar gets the "pressed" look) and switching to another vessel shows that the state is correctly being changed, however when enabling on the problematic vessel the icon does not turn green. Disabling if I've enabled from another vessel does turn the icon back to yellow.

I've got a lot of junk around the base, and oddly enough if I switch between it quickly with [] the SM interface will show up for a half second or so with the correct values for the base before disappearing. Switching to other ships in range generally show their SM panels ok, but undocking/redocking parts of the base don't seem to help.

Fair warning I've got lots of mods, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were some kind of conflict at work.

I tried rolling back as far as 4.1.4.1 and that didn't help.

I have had success with almost this exact same vessel (if anything I think I destroyed some parts) a few days ago, but for the past couple days nothing.

Going to try removing and/or reverting other mods to earlier versions when I've got some more time. For reference the mods updated in the past week or so and therefore are the most suspicious are:

AdGroups Extended

Waypoint Manager

Kerbal Inventory System

SETI

Contract Configurator

DMagic Orbital Science

Happy to try any suggestions you may have.

*edit*

As with any good bug, after posting about it it seems to be fixed (maybe?) I disabled CLS and manually moved a kerbal around and all of a sudden the SM window popped open. Will do more testing tomorrow.

Thanks a lot for the detailed report. I noted in your post that you are seeing the debug message for OnShowUI. This indicates you are using version 4.1.4.3. You can update to 4.1.4.4 and that removes the message.

As far as the error is concerned, it kind of sounds like an initialization issue with my mod. I did note in your mod list ATM (x64). Are you running 64 bit KSP? If so, all bets are off and the 64 bit gremlins are attacking you... Many mod makers will not even discuss issues when being run on 64 bit instances...

I'll investigate the visibility code and see if I'm leaving something undefined.

In the mean time, if you do find a way to recreate the issue do let me know.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Trying to emulate my previous success failed. I'm back in the broken state. I tried removing CLS since things started working after toggling last time, but no change. I can successfully move crew around via SM logic using the native movement UI.

Trying to emulate my previous success failed. I'm back in the broken state. I tried removing CLS since things started working after toggling last time, but no change. I can successfully move crew around via SM logic using the native movement UI.

Can you post your settings file? I did go thru the UI display logic, and while I don't see anything obvious, it was clear that I could "clean it up". I've done that. One possible cause may be the type of vessel. I filter for "unknown". you did say this was a colony base right? I wonder if that is causing it.... Let me check what version I added that and see if I can point to a version that does not contain it for testing...

I introduced a display filter for Vesseltype = Unknown in version 4.1.3.1. If you are willing, test with version 4.1.3. If the problem goes away, we may have the reason...

Edited by Papa_Joe

I said its a Colony Base, but the actual type in KSP is just the standard "Base".

Not sure which settings file you wanted, so here's

KSP global settings

SM config.xml

Thanks. The Vesseltype I'm talking about is in code, so it may not relate to the displayed type at all. the SM Config is what I needed. Is that the installed one? I noticed all windows are still in the upper left corner, which well may be if you have been testing :P, so I just wanted to make sure.

Nothing stands out. I noticed you have realism turned off. That will have no effect on the display logic, but I did wonder if others played with realism off... :D

If you do test with 4.1.3, let me know how it goes.