[1.12.x] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 6.0.8.0 - 28 Apr 23

Papa_Joe

Version 4.2.0.0 update:

Expanded resource transfers are looking good. Still some testing to do and 1.0 to verify against, but I thought I'd share some images of the changes.

First, the Resource selection window (Manifest Window) looks pretty much the same with some minor changes in details to account for multiple resources. You cannot select Crew, Science, or ElectricCharge with anything else. So these will cause the other selections to be deselected when clicked. As before, resources are a toggle, so clicking on a previously selected resource deselects it.

Now any other resource may be combined with another. maximum 2 resources. Since I cannot possibly know all the possible fuel / oxidizer combinations, I left it up to the user to select their choices.

aolE3lm.png

Second, Transfer Window: This now uses the same button toggle method as in the Manifest Window. You can select any number of parts in the source or the target. It is smart, in that if you select a part in the source, it is now greyed out in the target. (we can't move a resource from/to the same part.. heh). This will make choosing your destination parts easier I think. in the details, when multiple parts are selected, the total amount of resource for each resource will be displayed and the amount remaining in all parts selected.

I then calculate the maximum amount of the largest capacity resource to use as a basis for display. I only show the largest resource for editing in the text box. I struggled with whether to allow editing of both, but real estate simply did not allow it, and since I calculate the ratio based on the target tanks, one number is sufficient. The resource slider will control the largest resource, and the smaller resource is calculated, based on the amount selected in the interface. If you want better control, move only one resource at a time.

The calculated ratio is the total capacity of the selected parts, and the selected Resources. So, if you have a total capacity of 8000 Oxidizer, and 6000 Fuel, the ratio will be: 6000/8000, or 0.75, which is used to multiply against the larger number to arrive at the smaller number to transfer. It will be up to you to be sure your ratios are correct for your engine needs if you use non stock fuels and parts. Since you likely do this anyway for your ship design, this method should work fine.

W1uYmhz.png

Multi part, multi resource xfer in progress below:

nbudphN.png

I'll keep you posted.

Edited by Papa_Joe
spelling

KSP 1.0.0 update:

Ship manifest version 4.1.4.4 works in KSP 1.0.0. No issues found (so far).

Addon version checker (not 100% sure if is cross supported) throws an error on startup of KSP

"The Currently Installed Version of ShipManifest was built to run on KSP 0.90"

Currently an just ignoring it, I assume the is a version number that has not been changed somewhere?

**EDIT** - Installed via CKAN, which seems to be a big buggy, am doing it all manually now to see if CKAN is not using updated files. Will edit if no new posts or reply below if are

Edited by Marrv
More information

Addon version checker (not 100% sure if is cross supported) throws an error on startup of KSP

"The Currently Installed Version of ShipManifest was built to run on KSP 0.90"

Currently an just ignoring it, I assume the is a version number that has not been changed somewhere?

**EDIT** - Installed via CKAN, which seems to be a big buggy, am doing it all manually now to see if CKAN is not using updated files. Will edit if no new posts or reply below if are

The existing SM version 4.1.4.4 does work in KSP 1.0. The error from AVC is related to the .version file in the existing release. it has a section for the ksp version. I'm going to try updating the server side version to see if the issue disappears, but it is NOT a functional issue, only a version check issue.

Update. I bumped the KSP version on the server side, and that seems to have done the trick. Let me know if you still get the version warning on start up.

Btw, CKAN had a problem with a recent version they released. I updated my CKAN.exe (the client) to 1.6.11. CKAN seems to be working fine for me now. Link to CKAN is here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/100067.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Found a strange bug, no matter what I do to transfer crew in my new space station, Jeb always remains in the station, even if I EVE to the non docked ship, he appears back in the station, trying to fly my ship away past 2.5 km with Jeb hanging on the side, then try and board the capsule see if I can force him in ! lol

Found a strange bug, no matter what I do to transfer crew in my new space station, Jeb always remains in the station, even if I EVE to the non docked ship, he appears back in the station, trying to fly my ship away past 2.5 km with Jeb hanging on the side, then try and board the capsule see if I can force him in ! lol

Someone else reported weird transfer issues in version 0.90. Seemed to be related to a certain station mod. read back a page or 2 to see if that is the issue...

Edit: Just thought of a question. If you turn off SM override for stock (Tweakable) crew transfers, do you still see the same behavior using KSPs native tweakable crew transfer?

Edited by Papa_Joe

Been using this mod for ages, so wanted to say thanks! Looking forward to adding it to my 1.0 play.

One question - have you looked at adding the concept of 'vessel'? Is that even possible? When ships get docked together, they all become part of the active vessel, with no ability to continue treating ships as units. It'd be great to be able to just select a ship and say 'Refuel all tanks on ship'.

Someone else reported weird transfer issues in version 0.90. Seemed to be related to a certain station mod. read back a page or 2 to see if that is the issue...

Edit: Just thought of a question. If you turn off SM override for stock (Tweakable) crew transfers, do you still see the same behavior using KSPs native tweakable crew transfer?

Had a read back, but I'm not using any station mods :-/ just this, mechjeb, alarm clock, tanteries 7 pod crew, and the actual station at this stage I'm at is all stock parts, infact it's the kerbal x stock rocket and hitchhikers container with stock scince lab. Hope this info is useful somehow, do u want me to post any log files? (not sure how but if u let me know I will retrieve them).

Thanks for all ur kind mod work though, I appreciate it and I hope I can assist in squashing this bug

Been using this mod for ages, so wanted to say thanks! Looking forward to adding it to my 1.0 play.

One question - have you looked at adding the concept of 'vessel'? Is that even possible? When ships get docked together, they all become part of the active vessel, with no ability to continue treating ships as units. It'd be great to be able to just select a ship and say 'Refuel all tanks on ship'.

Interesting. I had just started looking at how that is persisted in the save and in memory. It "looks" like it may be possible to differentiate between docked vessels. Of course this also raises an issue relating to stations, vs vessels etc.

Any "vessel" that contains a command pod (MechJeb, Capsule, Probe, etc) would then be considered a vessel, unless I treat only the vessels with pods as the root part as vessels (which might work). In my experience with space stations, I often add a mechjeb part to a booster/orbital insertion stage that I intend to dock with my station and use as a fuel depot. This will make it "interesting" in its application.

I will investigate and see where it might lead...

Had a read back, but I'm not using any station mods :-/ just this, mechjeb, alarm clock, tanteries 7 pod crew, and the actual station at this stage I'm at is all stock parts, infact it's the kerbal x stock rocket and hitchhikers container with stock scince lab. Hope this info is useful somehow, do u want me to post any log files? (not sure how but if u let me know I will retrieve them).

Thanks for all ur kind mod work though, I appreciate it and I hope I can assist in squashing this bug

Thanks for the feedback. Did you try the scenario in my edit: portion of my response? If so, what was the result? Also, does removing SM make the problem go away (does stock crew transfer work)?

Edited by Papa_Joe

Thanks for the feedback. Did you try the scenario in my edit: portion of my response? If so, what was the result? Also, does removing SM make the problem go away (does stock crew transfer work)?

Yeah seems to not happen with SM removed now - iv lost valentina in the save file, but the rest of the crew are transferring correctly now, ill get them and see what happened to valentina in the crew quarters

- Edit - bizarrely my stations solar panels have vanished as well ?

Yeah seems to not happen with SM removed now - iv lost valentina in the save file, but the rest of the crew are transferring correctly now, ill get them and see what happened to valentina in the crew quarters

- Edit - bizarrely my stations solar panels have vanished as well ?

Are you using a 0.90 save with 1.00? I've spent the better part of last night updating part.cfg files to correct an issue with flipped bottom attach nodes on mod part packs. Squad fixed a host of issues, so now all the mod packs need to update their part.cfg files.

I actually started a new save due to the fact it broke my save in 0.90. Don't know if that applies to you, but it did me.

Here's to starting over :P

unless I treat only the vessels with pods as the root part as vessels (which might work). In my experience with space stations, I often add a mechjeb part to a booster/orbital insertion stage that I intend to dock with my station and use as a fuel depot. This will make it "interesting" in its application.

Half of my crafts has docking port or engine as root part. I usually launch the space-only crafts Apollo style - with second module stored in fairings under the command vessel. And I add this module as subassemblies to stored rocket design. So their root parts could be anywhere.

Edited by SVlad
errata

Half of my crafts has docking port or enfine as root part. I usually launch the space-only crafts appolo style - with second module stored in farings under the command vessel. And I add this module as subassemblies to stored rocket design. So their root parts could be anywhere.

Ya, this was my concern. I'll look more closely at my saves to see how they are being persisted. There is a reference ID for the vessel they once were a part of when detached and free floating. if the payload has no command/control, then it is usually identified as debris after being detached in game and until it is attached to another vessel. Question is, does it lose the id of its old parent vessel when detached, and take on the id of the new vessel? I'm thinking yes.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Is there a way to rename kerbals? I've looked quickly in game with this mod but i remmber there used to be a way to rename Kerbals but now i can't seem to find it. Nevermind Found iT! you have to enable it in the settings!

Edited by Dermeister

Is there a way to rename kerbals? I've looked quickly in game with this mod but i remmber there used to be a way to rename Kerbals but now i can't seem to find it. Nevermind Found iT! you have to enable it in the settings!

In settings under Config, you will find 2 options. One allows Kerbal renaming, and the other allows Changing their profession.

Word of warning: Changing a kerbal's name can and likely will change it's profession. Enabling the profession change capability will add non printing characters to the Kerbal's name to "fool" KSP into thinking the name is what is needed for a particular profession.

The profession is directly tied (via some kind of hash) to the Kerbal's name.

This will pose no problem in game play, but it is NOT compatible with KerbalStats, if you use that mod.

Hope that helps!

In settings under Config, you will find 2 options. One allows Kerbal renaming, and the other allows Changing their profession.

Word of warning: Changing a kerbal's name can and likely will change it's profession. Enabling the profession change capability will add non printing characters to the Kerbal's name to "fool" KSP into thinking the name is what is needed for a particular profession.

The profession is directly tied (via some kind of hash) to the Kerbal's name.

This will pose no problem in game play, but it is NOT compatible with KerbalStats, if you use that mod.

Hope that helps!

So far the profession seems to work with my custom name.

So far the profession seems to work with my custom name.

The proof of the pudding is if it persists after exiting the game and going back in. however, if it showed the same profession after you renamed, maybe you got lucky and passed the hash test... I do refresh the kerbal after the rename, so if it was going to change the profession you would know it. If you also turned on profession management, then it will persist the profession you chose.

I've been using this feature for over a month (I just HAD to have a Papa_Joe Kerman), and I know that 5thHorseman has as well... not sure how many others do, as I have it disabled by default. You have to want it to use it. :D Bear in mind I play sandbox, but I believe that 5thHorseman plays career as well.

Anyone using the feature want to chime in? I'm interested in how its working. I'll be moving this feature over to Roster Manager when I get done with the SM update I'm working on.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Odd issue:

In Realism Mode, science transfers from the "Science Experiment" built into a command pod to the "Science Container" in that same command pod are denied...

...is that intentional? Seems to me that that's just Bob sticking his notepad in a drawer, and thus fairly realistic, heh. :)

-c

Odd issue:

In Realism Mode, science transfers from the "Science Experiment" built into a command pod to the "Science Container" in that same command pod are denied...

...is that intentional? Seems to me that that's just Bob sticking his notepad in a drawer, and thus fairly realistic, heh. :)

-c

Good question, and I'm not sure... Let me take a look at the code... been awhile on that one..

And you're right... you should be able to if it doesn't currently.

Good question, and I'm not sure... Let me take a look at the code... been awhile on that one..

And you're right... you should be able to if it doesn't currently.

Okay, did some testing. Looks like I disable the transfer in realism mode.... I will correct that in the next release. in the short term you can turn off realism to move the science.

Just a progress update:

I ran into some issues with ConnectedLivingSpace, so I just created a pull request to sort those issues out. Along with the bug fixes, I also added Blizzy toolbar support and hot toolbar switching, just like in SM.

Also, since I had to persist the toolbar choice option, I devised a JSON style config file save system. SO, I decided to add that to SM as well. The original XML config file is no more.

Back to testing multi-part and multi-resource transfers. Since I've made quite a few changes to this version, I'm going to hold off on External Kerbal Transfer, and Remote Tech command queueing. I'll make those features a later release.

With that said, the proposed change notes are as follows:

Version 4.2.0.0 - Release xx May, 2015 - Transfer Expansion Edition. Multi-Resources, Multi-Parts.

- New: You can now "link" 2 resources together, by simply clicking on a Second Resource. All parts that contain both resources will be displayed, and xfers will be linked. The largest ratio resource amount can be edited. The smaller amount resource will be moved in ratio to the larger capacity amount.

- New: You can now link multiple parts in the Transfer window, and move resources from 1:N, N:N and N:1 parts. Will not overfill a target part, and will fill all equally (you can top off multiple parts)

- New: Added Revert feature to Roster for Profession Management feature. If you wish to remove the asciis from your game save, this will do it. (KerbalStats compatability issue)

- New: Changed config file from xml to json style. No more spamming the KSP debug log.

- Fixed: When near debris, SM window sometimes fails to display when icon is clicked from either toolbar.

- Fixed: With CLS enabled, target part text incorrectly displayed in Target Crew Color instead of Target Part color when target part was selected.

- Fixed: Opening or closing a hatch from the hatch control tab, fails to change the CLS spaces. Opening or closing a hatch from the tweakable does.

- Fixed: When transferring aKerbal via the Tweakable with SM Override on, Transfer button remains and it is possible to initiate multiple transfers with unpredictable results.

- Fixed: When transferring science, Realism mode prevents moving science to a container in the same part.

I expect a release in the next day or 2.

Edit: with the release of KSP 1.0.2, I did some quick testing of SM 4.1.4.4. Looks to be working fine in 1.0.2

Let me know if anyone finds any issues

Edited by Papa_Joe

First, Papa_Joe, awesome work keeping up with this. Has been a great mod since its inception.

Last night I used SM (SM 4.1.4.4 on KSP 1.0.2 Career Mode) to move experiments from mystery goo containers and material bays and found that SM is resetting experiments. This would actually be a great feature if it checked for a scientist on board before doing this, but currently it's allowing the player to bypass the need for a scientist. I didn't play much in .90, nor did I get a chance to play 1.0 before 1.0.2 dropped, so I don't know if this is a new behavior or an old one. Not a big deal, but thought I'd report it.

Any chance of adding options to remove all features except the science transfer or changing the UI in some way to show just one category of function at a time? I use SM almost exclusively for moving experiments to capsule storage, and would love to remove the clutter of other buttons in the UI until they are needed (occasional station management). Thanks for considering!

First, Papa_Joe, awesome work keeping up with this. Has been a great mod since its inception.

Last night I used SM (SM 4.1.4.4 on KSP 1.0.2 Career Mode) to move experiments from mystery goo containers and material bays and found that SM is resetting experiments. This would actually be a great feature if it checked for a scientist on board before doing this, but currently it's allowing the player to bypass the need for a scientist. I didn't play much in .90, nor did I get a chance to play 1.0 before 1.0.2 dropped, so I don't know if this is a new behavior or an old one. Not a big deal, but thought I'd report it.

Any chance of adding options to remove all features except the science transfer or changing the UI in some way to show just one category of function at a time? I use SM almost exclusively for moving experiments to capsule storage, and would love to remove the clutter of other buttons in the UI until they are needed (occasional station management). Thanks for considering!

Now, If I remember correctly, when I released 4.1.4.4, I left Realism Off. So, in Settings, under Realism, Turn realism on, and experiments will no longer reset.

Also in settings, under Realism, there are switches to turn off crew and resource transfers. Set those to off, and Science should be the only item showing in the selection list.

Hope that helps!

Edited by Papa_Joe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.