[1.12.x] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 6.0.8.0 - 28 Apr 23

Papa_Joe

Hey pop,

Short update in 4.3.:

No crash so far, Ressource transfer seems slower, stuttering a bit compared 2 before?

Bug!: when you open sm menu, chose tanks for transport (i.e. source tank is a soon to detach monoprop tank; destination tanks will remain) and detach /decouple the tanks (tested with decoupling source), you can still continue to transfer resources from this tank until you reopen the menu.

Its not just a bug in displaying, it is actually working to transfer res.

So far from here ;)

Keep on the good work

Hey pop,

Short update in 4.3.:

No crash so far, Ressource transfer seems slower, stuttering a bit compared 2 before?

Bug!: when you open sm menu, chose tanks for transport (i.e. source tank is a soon to detach monoprop tank; destination tanks will remain) and detach /decouple the tanks (tested with decoupling source), you can still continue to transfer resources from this tank until you reopen the menu.

Its not just a bug in displaying, it is actually working to transfer res.

So far from here ;)

Keep on the good work

Hmm... that makes sense... I need to update the transfer list in the event of a vessel change. if the from or to part count end up zero, then kill it.... Thanks for that. As far as the slow transfer rate, I think I know what that may be.

Let me get on those issues.

Thanks!

Hmm... that makes sense... I need to update the transfer list in the event of a vessel change. if the from or to part count end up zero, then kill it.... Thanks for that. As far as the slow transfer rate, I think I know what that may be.

Let me get on those issues.

Thanks!

Okay,

The slow transfer issue is related to the timing method I've been using. Originally, I was using Planetarium.GetUniversalTime(), and calculating the difference in this value each Update. However, since this is game time, lag (frame rate) can greatly affect it..

SO, I changed to using DateTime.Now, and calculating the difference in this value between Updates. Since this time value is more constant (computer system clock), I'm getting a better result. Now the flow "seems" more fluid, and runs a bit faster. It now feels right, at least to me.

Now the vessel change. I'm going to cause the transfer to immediately stop if a Vessel change Event is fired (this happens if you undock a vessel from your station for example).

What this also means is since you are trying to do 2 things at once I better check for crew in transfer as well... I added an abort, in the case a crew transfer is in progress and you decide to undock :P...

Since I added an abort to support the ICrewTransfer API, I already had it...

New update will be out soon with these changes.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Okay,

The slow transfer issue is related to the timing method I've been using. Originally, I was using Planetarium.GetUniversalTime(), and calculating the difference in this value each Update. However, since this is game time, lag (frame rate) can greatly affect it..

SO, I changed to using DateTime.Now, and calculating the difference in this value between Updates. Since this time value is more constant (computer system clock), I'm getting a better result. Now the flow "seems" more fluid, and runs a bit faster. It now feels right, at least to me.

Now the vessel change. I'm going to cause the transfer to immediately stop if a Vessel change Event is fired (this happens if you undock a vessel from your station for example).

What this also means is since you are trying to do 2 things at once I better check for crew in transfer as well... I added an abort, in the case a crew transfer is in progress and you decide to undock :P...

Since I added an abort to support the ICrewTransfer API, I already had it...

New update will be out soon with these changes.

Going to bed now, but most testing is complete. Proposed change:

Version 4.3.0.1 - Release 06 June, 2015 - Crew, Interfaces, & Refactoring Edition.

- New: Refactored Resource transfers to improve overall transfer speed, flow & "feel". Lag was causing issues on larger vessels.

- New: Refactored Vessel update methods to properly udate various part lists if vessel changes occur while SM windows are open (undocking, etc.). Now various windows properly refresh.

- Fixed: Bug in multi-part transfers that allowed continued transfers when a transfer is initiated and then you undock a vessel from a station, or the vessel is modified (detach a part).

- Fixed: Bug in Crew Transfers that allowed continued transfers when a crew transfer is initiated and then you undock a vessel from a station, or the vessel is modified (detach a part..).

Will release later Today (CDT US)

Edited by Papa_Joe

Anyone else got problems with the "Control" menu?

nNBuVxJ.png

Running OpenGL, windows.

No new mods lately, just updates to the mods I have previously.

All the other menus work just fine.

Edited by Omez

http://i.imgur.com/nNBuVxJ.png

Running OpenGL, windows.

I ran into the same issue for the first time yesterday, although I've consistently had a similar (but worse, since it's impossible to close it) issue with the USI menu (the one just to the right of the green cube in your toolbar there).

http://i.imgur.com/nNBuVxJ.png

Running OpenGL, windows.

I ran into the same issue for the first time yesterday, although I've consistently had a similar (but worse, since it's impossible to close it) issue with the USI menu (the one just to the right of the green cube in your toolbar there).

Interesting. I've not seen it, but my testing may not have been complete enough. I'll go thru it again. I did however, add a more consistent refresh of all part lists, so this issue may already be resolved in the upcoming update mentioned above.

Ok, I'm not able to duplicate the issue above. steps to reproduce would be helpful. I may have already corrected the issue with my refactoring.

I'll be issuing an update in a few hours, so either you can provide me steps to reproduce the issue, or you can wait until the update to see if that corrects it.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Interesting. I've not seen it, but my testing may not have been complete enough. I'll go thru it again. I did however, add a more consistent refresh of all part lists, so this issue may already be resolved in the upcoming update mentioned above.

Ok, I'm not able to duplicate the issue above. steps to reproduce would be helpful. I may have already corrected the issue with my refactoring.

I'll be issuing an update in a few hours, so either you can provide me steps to reproduce the issue, or you can wait until the update to see if that corrects it.

I'll wait for the update and see if that fixes the issue.

If not I'll start debugging a bit more, removing other mods etc.

I'll wait for the update and see if that fixes the issue.

If not I'll start debugging a bit more, removing other mods etc.

Thanks.

Tbh, the issue does look SM related. I noted you are running realism mode and that CLS is not installed. So, the first thing I thought of was an error in creating the hatch list, causing the screen display code to cause errors.

If you wish, you can turn on the Debug window in settings, and if there are errors, they should be listed there. That will help with tracking down the problem. It will indicate the error and the method generating the error.

Rapid-release-rapid-release :D

Just wanted to let you know that i am impressed by your update rate on this mod and the speed of your work on bugs / requests.

Havent had

expected that a reported issue could be fixed just a few days later.

Respect for that and as i mentioned:keep on the good work;)

...where is the PayPal donation button once you need it? :D

Ah, speaking of:

Is it possible to chose a part for transfer from the universe screen?

Dont have an exact idea how to use it... Just brainstorming. But it would be cool somehow, if I can chose the parts by clicking on them, not their name in a list.

Something like alt+leftclick adds them to the list, alt right click removes them, for example.

Or a 'pick part button' (with hotkey) in your window, that let's me click directly on the colorful parts of the previous chosen resource. Left for the left (from) side, right for the right (to) side.

Would make things much more easier and handy if you just use one kind of tank for your whole ship, but x-times...

Just wondering, not a request if it would create bugs / makes it unstable:D

Edited by Speadge
brainstorm

Rapid-release-rapid-release :D

Just wanted to let you know that i am impressed by your update rate on this mod and the speed of your work on bugs / requests.

Havent had

expected that a reported issue could be fixed just a few days later.

Respect for that and as i mentioned:keep on the good work;)

...where is the PayPal donation button once you need it? :D

Ah, speaking of:

Is it possible to chose a part for transfer from the universe screen?

Dont have an exact idea how to use it... Just brainstorming. But it would be cool somehow, if I can chose the parts by clicking on them, not their name in a list.

Something like alt+leftclick adds them to the list, alt right click removes them, for example.

Or a 'pick part button' (with hotkey) in your window, that let's me click directly on the colorful parts of the previous chosen resource. Left for the left (from) side, right for the right (to) side.

Would make things much more easier and handy if you just use one kind of tank for your whole ship, but x-times...

Just wondering, not a request if it would create bugs / makes it unstable:D

Thanks for the props! Donation button... hmm... I could use donations... Rep is nice too.. :D Also, thanks for taking the time to characterize and report the bugs you find. Without it I cannot make SM better.

I've long thought of mouse over highlighting of the part in the list, and possibly clicking on the part to select it in the Transfer window, but the code had not been sufficiently refactored to "make it clean". It is still on my radar, but lower priority atm. With the ability to highlight the part by mouse over of the list item, I kind of addressed it from the opposite direction, so you have the visibility... If you don't have edge lighting on in your KSP settings, I suggest you turn it on... makes finding the part very easy. This feature also works in the control window. Locating that docking port (CLS hatch feature) is MUCH easier with the edge highlight feature.

As for the update rate... well..

Just released:

Version 4.3.0.1 - Release 06 June, 2015 - Crew, Interfaces, & Refactoring Edition.

- New: Refactored Resource transfers to improve overall transfer speed, flow & "feel". Lag was causing issues on larger vessels.

- New: Refactored Vessel update methods to properly udate various part lists if vessel changes occur while SM windows are open (undocking, etc.). Now various windows properly refresh.

- Fixed: Bug in multi-part transfers that allowed continued transfers when a transfer is initiated and then you undock a vessel from a station.

- Fixed: Bug in Crew Transfers that allowed continued transfers when a crew transfer is initiated and then you undock a vessel from a station.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Thanks for the props!

[...]

I kind of addressed it from the opposite direction, so you have the visibility

welcome!

i do use this feature, but it is more a "searching for" the right part this way, instead of beeing able to select the part im going to detach soon directly- cause of this searching i came up with the idea so u dont have to try out every listed item by hovering it to see if it is the one you are looking for...

Edited by Speadge

soo...

Update on the gui problem.

It's definitly related to remotetech.

I installed the update, and got to open the control tab.

Both the Solar panels, and lights panel work fine, but as soon as I open the Antennas tab it scrambles the output in the window.

As it stays on the antenna tab on subsequent openings, I can't change it to the other tabs again.

This made me think it had something to do with RemoteTech that I'm using.

I tested to remove remotetech and the antennas tab work just fine.

Reinstall remotetech and it happens again.

Still happens on crafts with no antennas on, so isn't related to one specific antenna being on the craft.

http://imgur.com/a/eJ0M7#11

I also noted that it glitches the rest of the gui also when it opened.

For eks, opening the normal debug makes it visible only though the control center window (like the shipmanifest making itself top layer)

Also, it gives following errors in KSP debug

[Error]: GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

[Exeption]: InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.

The ship manifest debug gives an error on load of the scene.

But no errors when opening / closing ship manifest after the scene is loaded.

If you can think of anything else that might help you find this issue, just let me know.

Or if it might be on my end with some mod compatibility that I can't think of.

soo...

Update on the gui problem.

It's definitly related to remotetech.

I installed the update, and got to open the control tab.

Both the Solar panels, and lights panel work fine, but as soon as I open the Antennas tab it scrambles the output in the window.

As it stays on the antenna tab on subsequent openings, I can't change it to the other tabs again.

This made me think it had something to do with RemoteTech that I'm using.

I tested to remove remotetech and the antennas tab work just fine.

Reinstall remotetech and it happens again.

Still happens on crafts with no antennas on, so isn't related to one specific antenna being on the craft.

http://imgur.com/a/eJ0M7#11

I also noted that it glitches the rest of the gui also when it opened.

For eks, opening the normal debug makes it visible only though the control center window (like the shipmanifest making itself top layer)

Also, it gives following errors in KSP debug

[Error]: GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

[Exeption]: InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.

The ship manifest debug gives an error on load of the scene.

But no errors when opening / closing ship manifest after the scene is loaded.

If you can think of anything else that might help you find this issue, just let me know.

Or if it might be on my end with some mod compatibility that I can't think of.

Interesting. I have remote tech installed and I have no issues. I tested with and without Remote Tech installed, and I have a vessel with RemoteTech antennas installed...

I'll look at the code with the errors you found in mind. Thanks for the feedback on this. What version of RemoteTech are you using?

Interesting. I have remote tech installed and I have no issues. I tested with and without Remote Tech installed, and I have a vessel with RemoteTech antennas installed...

I'll look at the code with the errors you found in mind. Thanks for the feedback on this. What version of RemoteTech are you using?

I have RemoteTech version 1.6.5 installed.

As previously stated, Im using OpenGL (in windows), might this have anything to say?

-update, just testet dx9 (after removing some mods) and it behaves the same.

Also every mod is installed via CKAN (with one exeption, beeing Nerteas electrical)

I have RemoteTech version 1.6.5 installed.

As previously stated, Im using OpenGL (in windows), might this have anything to say?

-update, just testet dx9 (after removing some mods) and it behaves the same.

Also every mod is installed via CKAN (with one exeption, beeing Nerteas electrical)

I'm having the same issue; also using RT and OpenGL.

Ok. thanks. I'm using direct X, I didn't really see OpenGL making a difference. I'll pour over the code.

Thanks All!

Edited by Papa_Joe

Hey pop,

coding anyway, you might want to check the settings site with the 'highlight resource parts only' and 'highlight CLS' radio buttons...

I'm not sure how it is intended to work, but the actual behavior is that CLS gets unchecked when I check the 'resource only' button, but I have to unchecked this button, before I can check the CLS button again... I'm pretty sure its not the way it should work to have explicitly unchecked a radio button before being able to check another, does it?

I expect them either to be radio buttons, so I can chose just one, or standard checkboxes, so I can activate whatever I wish to add!?

Hope you understand what I'm going to say ;)

Hey pop,

coding anyway, you might want to check the settings site with the 'highlight resource parts only' and 'highlight CLS' radio buttons...

I'm not sure how it is intended to work, but the actual behavior is that CLS gets unchecked when I check the 'resource only' button, but I have to unchecked this button, before I can check the CLS button again... I'm pretty sure its not the way it should work to have explicitly unchecked a radio button before being able to check another, does it?

I expect them either to be radio buttons, so I can chose just one, or standard checkboxes, so I can activate whatever I wish to add!?

Hope you understand what I'm going to say ;)

My apologies for the confusing way that "radio" buttons are used, but it is a consequence of Unity and choices I made to try to keep the lag down as much as possible. To help with that, the Wiki describes the operation of the Realism tab in detail.

Now for the tl;dr;

Unity does not come with a checkbox by default. To create one I have to emulate it in code. I decided that this just adds unneeded "overhead" to the program, and just slows things down since they have to be rendered each frame (update / onGUI). The radio button as you call it is actually called a Toggle in Unity. So it is treated as a check box. If you look at what the control tabs look like, those are toggles as well, and any or all can be on or off.

For the Settings window, what I did was to enable/disable options as other options are turned on/off to prevent you from changing settings that would have no effect. SOME of the options are treated like a radio button, such as the highlighting options. Source/Target only turns off CLS highlighting, as it is unneeded in that case.

Now the special case for CLS is this: Since I detect whether or not CLS is installed, I automatically disable CLS in the settings if it is not installed. If it is subsequently installed, I cannot "assume" you want it and automatically turn it on, as you may have turned it off "intentionally" with CLS installed before the previous save. SM does not know if you had CLS before, so it has to "assume".

To overcome this, I "could" create an "Is CLS Installed" flag in the settings to remember if it was installed or not. If it gets installed and I detect the change, I can automatically turn it back on as a "default" setting.

I had also looked at creating color dropdowns for choosing the highlight colors (those are hidden settings editable in the config file), but dropdowns are not native to Unity either. So I have to create a chunk of code that then gets run for each dropdown and also "slows" things down.

I'm hoping with Unity 5, and the new GUI tools, I can make improvements in the gui. I'm also looking at re-skinning SM to look more like Roster Manager or MechJeb for example.

V1KmpZX.png

Edited by Papa_Joe

Ok. thanks. I'm using direct X, I didn't really see OpenGL making a difference. I'll pour over the code.

Thanks All!

Looking over the images that were provided (Thanks for that!), I noted errors with a logic check as well (IsPrelaunch). This also lead me to note that the issue was on a lander. Was the lander Crewless? meaning was is a probe? or was it crewed and all crew had exited the vessel?

Just trying to narrow down the conditions. I know I have not tested landers properly, so I wlll create that condition in my test save and see what's what...

Looking over the images that were provided (Thanks for that!), I noted errors with a logic check as well (IsPrelaunch). This also lead me to note that the issue was on a lander. Was the lander Crewless? meaning was is a probe? or was it crewed and all crew had exited the vessel?

Just trying to narrow down the conditions. I know I have not tested landers properly, so I wlll create that condition in my test save and see what's what...

The MKS lander has 2 crew in it.

If I don't remember wrong, the same happened with and without antennas connected (the decoupler and probe is on the top, jettisoned it right after)

I also tried just the normal 3 man crew pod on the launch pad (no other parts), and I get the same behaviour.

Im at work atm so can't give you more screenshots. But if there is anything you would like me to test out / give debug output on, don't hesitate to ask.

Don't know if this is a known issue, but if I crew transfer in IVA or enter IVA while my crew are being transferred my camera will break and I will lose control of my craft until I exit the game. Perhaps a quick fix for this would be to disable/quit IVA while transfers are in progress?

Anyway, good luck and good work.

hey,

thx for the reply.

was just wondering why clicking cls dont turn off "ressource only" automatically ;)

or make it tree-like:

*enable highlighting

- enable for

* Ressource

* CLS

* Science

edit: ok, that was hardly to understand since it is build this way already.

wanted to say "decouple the "ressource" button from the cls setting, so i can enable/disable ressource highlighting nevertheless what i chose for cls highlighting.

at the moment the cls highlighting depends on my chose for the ressource, what makes it hard to get used to.

Edited by Speadge

The MKS lander has 2 crew in it.

If I don't remember wrong, the same happened with and without antennas connected (the decoupler and probe is on the top, jettisoned it right after)

I also tried just the normal 3 man crew pod on the launch pad (no other parts), and I get the same behaviour.

Im at work atm so can't give you more screenshots. But if there is anything you would like me to test out / give debug output on, don't hesitate to ask.

Ok, what I discovered is that I revised the method for checking on the installation of RemoteTech with this release. I "think" it revovles around this check. If you have more than one RemoteTech.dll installed (for example if there is another mod that embeds the remotetech.dll for some purpose, this could cause the check to fail. I'm revisin git to test this case. Can you check your gamedata folder to see if more than one copy of RemoteTech.dll exists? This would help me confirm what I think is happening...

Don't know if this is a known issue, but if I crew transfer in IVA or enter IVA while my crew are being transferred my camera will break and I will lose control of my craft until I exit the game. Perhaps a quick fix for this would be to disable/quit IVA while transfers are in progress?

Anyway, good luck and good work.

Hmm... I thought I disabled the SM interface when you were in IVA mode... anyway, that is a known issue, as there is no place for the kerbals to go internally when I'm performing the transfer. I'm not sure I can disable the IVA button on the portraits, but I will look into that.

hey,

thx for the reply.

was just wondering why clicking cls dont turn off "ressource only" automatically ;)

or make it tree-like:

*enable highlighting

- enable for

* Ressource

* CLS

* Science

edit: ok, that was hardly to understand since it is build this way already.

wanted to say "decouple the "ressource" button from the cls setting, so i can enable/disable ressource highlighting nevertheless what i chose for cls highlighting.

at the moment the cls highlighting depends on my chose for the ressource, what makes it hard to get used to.

Ok, Now I get it.

With Enable Highlighting on, clicking on Highlight only Source/Target parts is a toggle.

If you turn on highlight only Source and target parts, it automatically turns off Enable CLS Highlighting, but, clicking on Enable CLS Highlighting does not automatically turn off Highlight only Source/Target parts

That may well be a bug. I know I've refactored those tabs, and I was thinking that cls and only source/target acted like radio buttons. I think that is what I put in my Wiki. I agree it would make sense for them to act that way, so I will alter the behavior in the next release.

Note that CLS Highlighting only affects the behavior of highlighting Crew, as described in the Wiki. Maybe I should add that note in the settings window eg, "(affects Crew only)"?

As for turning on/off highlighting for each feature (crew, science, resource), I've thought about it, but originally felt the existing options were sufficient. Most feedback has been to simply be able to turn off highlighting in general.

If folks feel there is sufficient value in being able to turn it off for Crew and leaving it on for science & resources, or other such combinations, I could add that capability. I was just thinking I had it flexible enough.

Did I understand you correctly?

Hmm... I thought I disabled the SM interface when you were in IVA mode... anyway, that is a known issue, as there is no place for the kerbals to go internally when I'm performing the transfer. I'm not sure I can disable the IVA button on the portraits, but I will look into that.

I accessed the ship manifest from IVA via blizzy's toolbar. While a transfer is in process, it's also possible to IVA using the 'C' key, which will remove your controls. So I don't know if there's a way to exit IVA when you initiate a transfer, but certainly all IVA requests should be blocked during transfer to eliminate the bug.