[1.12.x] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 6.0.8.0 - 28 Apr 23

Papa_Joe

right so i noticed that it was also throwing errors when focusing on a docked vessel. the previous error happens irregardless of vessel / experiment or container. here is the log

Error: in Ship Manifest Window. Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ShipManifest.ModDockedVessel.get_LaunchID () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ShipManifest.SMController.get_DockedVessels () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ShipManifest.WindowTransfer.CanShowVessels () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ShipManifest.WindowTransfer.TextBetweenViewers (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 SelectedParts, XFERMode xferMode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ShipManifest.WindowTransfer.Display (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Error: in Ship Manifest Window. Error: Getting control 1's position in a group with only 1 controls when doing Repaint

Aborting

at UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.DoGetRect (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.GetRect (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.DoToggle (Boolean value, UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.Toggle (Boolean value, System.String text, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ShipManifest.WindowTransfer.TextBetweenViewers (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 SelectedParts, XFERMode xferMode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ShipManifest.WindowTransfer.Display (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Info: File Name = G:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ShipManifest\Plugins\PluginData\DebugLog_792015_84700_AM.txt

Info: File written

Error: in WindowTransfer.SourceDetailsViewer. Error: Argument cannot be null.

Parameter name: key

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[system.String,System.String].get_Item (System.String key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ShipManifest.WindowTransfer.ScienceDetailsSource () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ShipManifest.WindowTransfer.SourceDetailsViewer () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

i will start a new game and see if it resolves... oh btw just noticed your "roster manager" mod. you man, are filling my modding needs...

casper

- - - Updated - - -

FCB90871A3F4031516A2EA32ADA561D899FCFB3E

here is the screen shot of what happens when i click the +...

EDIT: Seemed to be fine after i actually launched the thing (in a new game - didnt work on already launched vehicles in an old save)... i will keep messing around to help find the source of the issue...

Edited by casper88

right so i noticed that it was also throwing errors when focusing on a docked vessel. the previous error happens irregardless of vessel / experiment or container. here is the log

Error: in Ship Manifest Window. Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ShipManifest.ModDockedVessel.get_LaunchID () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ShipManifest.SMController.get_DockedVessels () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ShipManifest.WindowTransfer.CanShowVessels () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Error: in Ship Manifest Window. Error: Getting control 1's position in a group with only 1 controls when doing Repaint

Aborting

at UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.DoGetRect (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.GetRect (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.DoToggle (Boolean value, UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.Toggle (Boolean value, System.String text, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Info: File Name = G:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ShipManifest\Plugins\PluginData\DebugLog_792015_84700_AM.txt

Info: File written

Parameter name: key

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[system.String,System.String].get_Item (System.String key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ShipManifest.WindowTransfer.ScienceDetailsSource () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ShipManifest.WindowTransfer.SourceDetailsViewer () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

i will start a new game and see if it resolves... oh btw just noticed your "roster manager" mod. you man, are filling my modding needs...

casper

- - - Updated - - -

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/452959622064793329/FCB90871A3F4031516A2EA32ADA561D899FCFB3E/

here is the screen shot of what happens when i click the +...

EDIT: Seemed to be fine after i actually launched the thing (in a new game - didnt work on already launched vehicles in an old save)... i will keep messing around to help find the source of the issue...

Strange. I use an existing save game to test with.

Can you show me an image of just before you expand the experiment? with the same window you have showing in the above screenie as well, as that helps me with the key issue.

Update: I've duplicated the error. Researching.

Edited by Papa_Joe

I'm not sure what your issue may be. Maybe a screen shot of the gamedata folder structure for ShipManifest... Is there an Textures folder? and if so, are there 12 pngs there? Missing icons could cause an issue, or there may be an issue with the loading of the plugin... but, if you are seeing the debug window, that tells me that you are loading the plugin... Also the fact you have an SMSettings.dat file. that is created by the plugin on first run...

<snip>

I checked and those log entries were there on startup. Since you said that SMSettings.dat is created on first run I decided to delete the current one and launch ksp and see if a new one was created. It was and the buttons show up in the toolbar again. There was obviously a problem with the old file. I hadn't tried editing it until after the buttons disappeared so perhaps one of my out of ram crashes damaged the file in someway.

I checked and those log entries were there on startup. Since you said that SMSettings.dat is created on first run I decided to delete the current one and launch ksp and see if a new one was created. It was and the buttons show up in the toolbar again. There was obviously a problem with the old file. I hadn't tried editing it until after the buttons disappeared so perhaps one of my out of ram crashes damaged the file in someway.

I'm glad you were able to resolve it!

On a related note... Do you use Active Texture management? It may help with the ram issue if you are not.

Strange. I use an existing save game to test with.

Can you show me an image of just before you expand the experiment? with the same window you have showing in the above screenie as well, as that helps me with the key issue.

Update: I've duplicated the error. Researching.

Ok found the issue. I should have suspected this, but did not properly address it.

In the ScienceDef.cfg file, all the experiements are listed. They all have keys I use to locate the correct results. The list can have multiple duplicate keys, and does not always have a key for a given condition. So they also have a "default" key in case there is no match.

I've corrected my code to grab the first of any duplicate keys, and automatically grab the default if there is no match.

Will be in the next release, which will be soon, as this is a bug...

Edited by Papa_Joe

Ok found the issue. I should have suspected this, but did not properly address it.

In the ScienceDef.cfg file, all the experiements are listed. They all have keys I use to locate the correct results. The list can have multiple duplicate keys, and does not always have a key for a given condition. So they also have a "default" key in case there is no match.

I've corrected my code to grab the first of any duplicate keys, and automatically grab the default if there is no match.

Will be in the next release, which will be soon, as this is a bug...

New Release:

Version 4.4.1.1 - Release 09 July, 2015 - Tooltips & Science Xfer Improvements.

- Fixed: Correct a display error with science tooltip when an experiment result key is not found. Now displays the default key's data.

Great News. Papa, i can't make the button of class, to able transfer even without connected living spaces (force passing through), even then, Ship Manifest won't perform the transfer, telling the obvious that they are not in the same living space.

Is this a bug from Crew of CLS?

And SM is not saving the position of the windows...

Every time is getting back to top left corner...

Cheers my friend.

;)

Great News. Papa, i can't make the button of class, to able transfer even without connected living spaces (force passing through), even then, Ship Manifest won't perform the transfer, telling the obvious that they are not in the same living space.

Is this a bug from Crew of CLS?

And SM is not saving the position of the windows...

Every time is getting back to top left corner...

Cheers my friend.

;)

Makes no sense.

If I understand you correctly, what you are saying is you cannot perform a stock crew transfer. with CLS Allow Crew Unrestricted transfer = off.

If that is the case, turn off realism in SM and see it it works then. You will have to turn it off in CLS if SM override is Off.

SO the proper settings would be:

If SM Override Stock crew Xfers = Off then

CLS:

- Allow Crew Unrestricted transfer = On is a must.

efnlemu.png

if - Override Stock Transfer = ON In SM:

then Realism tab:

- Realism = Off is a must.

687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f587779384b79512e706e67

should work then.

As far as the saving of settings, I'm at a loss. It is as if the file is write protected from what you are saying. Try deleting the SMSettings.dat file in ~\Gamedata\ShipManifest\Plugins\Plugindata. SM will recreate the file. If the folder or file is missing, then it is definitely a rights issue.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Apologies if I missed the answer to this while searching the thread, but:

Is there a reason that crew reports, of all the different kinds of science, aren't transferable in realism mode?

(I mean, even assuming Mercury-era tech so it's not just a matter of opening a new file on his kPad, I have trouble believing that Jeb "Badass" Kerman can't tear the top few pages off his clipboard and stuff them into his ModuleScienceContainer, y'know?)

-c

Apologies if I missed the answer to this while searching the thread, but:

Is there a reason that crew reports, of all the different kinds of science, aren't transferable in realism mode?

(I mean, even assuming Mercury-era tech so it's not just a matter of opening a new file on his kPad, I have trouble believing that Jeb "Badass" Kerman can't tear the top few pages off his clipboard and stuff them into his ModuleScienceContainer, y'know?)

-c

In realism mode, experimental data is governed by the flag "ModuleScienceExperiment.dataIsCollectable". When this flag is false, SM will not transfer the data. It appears that Crew reports are flagged as such by Squad. I agree that crew reports should not necessarily respect this rule. I can make a specific exception for those, unless someone can think of a good reason they should not be allowed..

Alternatively, I can add a setting to override the ModuleScienceExperiment.dataIsCollectable flag when transferring CrewReports...

Edited by Papa_Joe

What defines "Same living space"? I've got two ships docked together, and want to transfer crew from one to the other, but get a message about the docked assembly being "not same living space" even though the docking port hatches are open (using the standard docking port, haven't unlocked the senior and not using the Jr.). CLS and Ship Manifest are installed

I have a strange issue. I have installed SM through CKAN. I had the icons show up in the space centre once, but now they refuse to be available on Blizzy's Toolbar or in the stock toolbar. They're nowhere to be seen.

AmbientLightAdjustment 1.4.4.2

BahamutoDynamicsPartsPack v1.2.0

BDAnimationModules v0.6.2

BetterScienceLabsContinued 0.1.3.0

CommunityResourcePack 0.4.3

CommunityTechTree 2.1

CrowdSourcedScience v3.0

DistantObject v1.5.7

DistantObject-default v1.5.7

DMagicOrbitalScience 1.0.7

InfernalRobotics 0.21.3

IR-Model-Rework-Core v01b

IR-Model-Rework-Expansion v01b

KAS 0.5.3

KerbalAlarmClock v3.4.0.0

KerbalEngineerRedux 1.0.18.0

KerbalJointReinforcement v3.1.4

KIS 1.2.0

KlockheedMartian-Gimbal 3.0.3.0

Mk2Expansion 1.4.6.1

ModuleManager 2.6.6

NearFutureProps 0.4.3

PortableScienceContainer 1.3.0

ProceduralFairings v3.15

ProceduralParts v1.1.7

RCSBuildAid 0.7.2

SCANsat v14.1

ScienceAlert 1.8.9

ShipManifest 4.4.1.1

SpacetuxSA 0.3.6

StageRecovery 1.5.7

StationPartsExpansion 0.3.3

StationScience 1.5

TarsierSpaceTechnologyWithGalaxies vV5.4.1

Toolbar 1.7.9

TweakScale v2.2.1

VenStockRevamp v1.8.1

All running on KSP 1.0.4. Can you see any obvious conflicts there? Can't understand why it won't show. There's nothing untoward in the logs either, the icons just don't show up. Cheers.

I have a strange issue. I have installed SM through CKAN. I had the icons show up in the space centre once, but now they refuse to be available on Blizzy's Toolbar or in the stock toolbar. They're nowhere to be seen.

AmbientLightAdjustment 1.4.4.2

BahamutoDynamicsPartsPack v1.2.0

BDAnimationModules v0.6.2

BetterScienceLabsContinued 0.1.3.0

CommunityResourcePack 0.4.3

CommunityTechTree 2.1

CrowdSourcedScience v3.0

DistantObject v1.5.7

DistantObject-default v1.5.7

DMagicOrbitalScience 1.0.7

InfernalRobotics 0.21.3

IR-Model-Rework-Core v01b

IR-Model-Rework-Expansion v01b

KAS 0.5.3

KerbalAlarmClock v3.4.0.0

KerbalEngineerRedux 1.0.18.0

KerbalJointReinforcement v3.1.4

KIS 1.2.0

KlockheedMartian-Gimbal 3.0.3.0

Mk2Expansion 1.4.6.1

ModuleManager 2.6.6

NearFutureProps 0.4.3

PortableScienceContainer 1.3.0

ProceduralFairings v3.15

ProceduralParts v1.1.7

RCSBuildAid 0.7.2

SCANsat v14.1

ScienceAlert 1.8.9

ShipManifest 4.4.1.1

SpacetuxSA 0.3.6

StageRecovery 1.5.7

StationPartsExpansion 0.3.3

StationScience 1.5

TarsierSpaceTechnologyWithGalaxies vV5.4.1

Toolbar 1.7.9

TweakScale v2.2.1

VenStockRevamp v1.8.1

All running on KSP 1.0.4. Can you see any obvious conflicts there? Can't understand why it won't show. There's nothing untoward in the logs either, the icons just don't show up. Cheers.

Had you used Blizzy's toolbare in the past for SM or is this the first time using SM with Blizzy?

If it is the first time, you will need to "add" the icons to the appropriate scene toolbars. The Roster and Settings Icons are in the Space Center, and the SM icon is in Flight.

Refer to the CLS Wiki here for more info. It works exactly the same for the SM icons...

https://github.com/codepoetpbowden/ConnectedLivingSpace/wiki/1.1-Accessing-CLS

If you have used Blizzy's toolbar before, has your configuration been deleted? Also, be sure you are running the latest version of SM, which is 4.4.1.1. CKAN is up to date, and I've tested it, so it should be there...

Finally, try uninstalling SM and reinstalling from CKAN

Edited by Papa_Joe

Hi:

I have the same problem as Rerlop. I've uninstalled/reinstalled via ckan and that doesn't fix the problem. I briefly fixed it by removing the directory and having ckan download it again, but the buttons are gone when I restart ksp. Below is a link to a tar.gz that includes images and log files.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4aLEZOU2PAlcjQzYXNtcDBheG8/view?usp=sharing

Cheers,

skribe

Hi:

I have the same problem as Rerlop. I've uninstalled/reinstalled via ckan and that doesn't fix the problem. I briefly fixed it by removing the directory and having ckan download it again, but the buttons are gone when I restart ksp. Below is a link to a tar.gz that includes images and log files.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4aLEZOU2PAlcjQzYXNtcDBheG8/view?usp=sharing

Cheers,

skribe

Hmm. Very strange. That portion of code has not changed in awhile. I noted in the logs that the addon seems to be loading each time, and both the icons and the sounds are being loaded as well...

You can turn on "verboselogging" and "showdebugger" to display the SM debug window in the SMSettings.dat file, and look at the logging results. maybe save that and post. The Wiki describes the settings file, so refer to that here: https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/ShipManifest/wiki/3.0-Configuration-File

This might help me track down what is going on...

Also, what OS are you running? I test in windows only, so if it is linux or Apple, I may need to consider the impact there...

Edited by Papa_Joe

hey joe, i've been confused by this one for ages... (with realism setting on) when moving the science to a container..you can move from anywhere on the ship to the container (say mk1 command pod) yet you cant move the crew report from the crew of said pod into the container of the same pod...any possibility of changing this so that it can be transferred? thanks again

EDIT ..just noticed a similar question that was answered above please ignore

Edited by casper88

I think I stay with crew manifest ... this one is too cheaty.
What some consider Cheaty, others consider "reducing the grind". Much easier to collect all the science using a button than having to tediously EVA my scientist around.

And this is why Science transfers can be turned off in Settings. Customize your desired experience. Note that SM does a whole lot more than just crew transfers.

However, for your edification, in SM Science transfers DO respect realism. When realism mode is ON, Science transfers respect the part's transferrable flag. So, if an experiment cannot be transferred "in real life", then you cannot perform the transfer in SM. There are a lot of folks out there that desire a realistic experience, and SM supports that in all modes of operation. This way you get the game play improvements WITHOUT sacrificing the realism you desire. If you havent tried SM I suggest you do before you "reject it out of hand". If you have and you still prefer Crew manifest, then definitely, use that plugin instead. Crew manifest is a fine plugin. Enjoy it. :D

On other news, my apologies for the long absence. I've had much happen in my real life, and KSP needed to take a back burner for a bit.

I'm getting back onto the plugins I manage this week.

Edited by Papa_Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Small bug report: The tooltip for individual science pieces seems to be positioned at where the item in the list would be if the whole list were on screen, instead of where the item actually is on screen... which means on long lists (90 science items), the tooltip gets lower and lower on screen until it finally goes off screen. Look at how low the tooltip for "Mystery Goo Obesrvation from Minmus's Lesser Flats" is. :)

rrigHljl.png

If it's not possible to base the tooltip on the item's actual position on screen, you could instead base the tooltip position on the mouse position with something like:

new Rect (Input.mousePosition.x + 20, (Screen.height - Input.mousePosition.y) + 20, size.x, size.y);

Alternatively, just clamp the tooltip window to the screen dimensions so it's never off-screen.. which might be a good idea anyways.

Now that that's out of the way, the reason I was digging through all these science items was to see which ones were:

1. Zero recovery value, but still have lab value (keep it on station to be processed)

2. Zero recovery value, no lab value on this station (send to other station)

3. Positive recovery value, and still have lab value (keep it on station to be processed, then recover)

4. Positive recovery value, but no lab value (recover immediately)

P9qAPHZ.png

The tooltip gives the lab value (which is correctly shown as zero once already processed), but doesn't actually give the recovery value, so it makes it near impossible to sort based on recovery value.

It's not a huge deal - I'll just sort into "process in lab" and "recover now" and wind up recovering a bunch of zero-value science, but it would be nice to have the recovery value in the tooltip.

It would also be nice to have units on the other values so we have some idea of what it means, something like this:

Data Amount: 28 Mits

Recovery value: 0 science

Transmit value: 100%

Lab Value: 5 data

Data Amount: 160 Mits

Recovery value: 32 science

Transmit value: 20%

Lab Value: 0 data

Actually... what I'd really like is a much larger window that shows all this info at once and gave both the transfer ability as well as the standard buttons too:

[TABLE=class: grid]

[TR]

[TD]Science report[/TD]

[TD]Recovery value[/TD]

[TD]Transmit value[/TD]

[TD]Size[/TD]

[TD]Lab value[/TD]

[TD]Buttons[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]EVA Report from Mun's Poles[/TD]

[TD]0 science[/TD]

[TD]100% (0 science)[/TD]

[TD]28 Mits[/TD]

[TD]0 data[/TD]

[TD][Transmit]

[Delete]

[Process in Lab]

[Transfer][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Surface Sample from Kerbin's Shores[/TD]

[TD]5 science[/TD]

[TD]20% (1 science)[/TD]

[TD]10 Mits[/TD]

[TD]10 data[/TD]

[TD][Transmit]

[Delete]

[Process in Lab]

[Transfer][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Crew Report from space just above Duna[/TD]

[TD]30 science[/TD]

[TD]100% (30 science)[/TD]

[TD]5 Mits[/TD]

[TD]300 data[/TD]

[TD][Transmit]

[Delete]

[Process in Lab]

[Transfer][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Hope this gives you some ideas :)

Folks, I have sort of a question or mod/feature I am looking for, this in regards to the crew transfer feature of Ship Manifest.

Does any mod exist that uses, or planned feature perhaps for ShipManifest, to randomly switch crew positions/seat on a ship over time?

Meaning: for RP purposes, to very roughly simulate a crews movement throughout a ship, if it has more seats than there are kerbals.

So that for example:

-an engineer/pilot starts in the command module and after timewarp/refocusing on the ship the engineer is moved/sits the docked lander module.

-or a scientist Kerbal is moved to the Crewed Lab, then after some time you get back to the ship to find him in the Hitchhiker.

Would something like this be possible with Ship Manifest?