[1.12.x] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 6.0.8.0 - 28 Apr 23

Papa_Joe

7 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

Might I suggest GPOSpeedFuelPump? I run it myself. It works in 1.0.5 if you run the recompiled version mentioned in the later comments and make some of the changes I mention in the thread.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check it out. I've been running both TAC and Manifest at the same time and it just seems a bit silly.

Edit: CKAN has the 1.6 version already, btw.

Edited by captainradish

2 minutes ago, captainradish said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check it out. I've been running both TAC and Manifest at the same time and it just seems a bit silly.

It's basically a better (from what I understand) version of TAC Fuel. I think I misinterpreted your question, since if you have GPO and Manifest, well you're back to where you started basically.:P

On 3/15/2016 at 5:36 PM, captainradish said:

I apologize if this has been asked before, but is there any way we can get a version that acts similarly to how TAC fuel balancer works? Meaning, I am wanting something that can automatically transfer from tank to tank without me having to manually pump stuff. Is this possible now and I'm just not seeing it?

Edit: I want to make it clear Ship Manifest is excellent and something I use all the time.

This feature was requested way back around the beginning of this mod.  At that time, PWB fuel balancer and TAC fuel balancer handled this (and still do).   Given that the focus of my mod really centered around treating crew, science, and resources as "cargo", I named it Ship Manifest.  Active fuel balancing is really a flight control feature to minimize imbalance, and to reduce fuel consumption.  These features really do not align themselves with the "theme" of this mod.

Having said that, I've recently added ship's control dasboards for accessories such as hatches, lights, solar panels, etc. So I'm not opposed to such a feature, but I'll have to consider the implications of it, (career mode, realism mode, whether to have it active by default "out of the box", etc.)

Codepoet (author of Connected Living Space or CLS) wrote PWB  fuel balancer; you may wish to look at that.   I'm not sure if it is still working or not, but you can find it here:  

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/42624 

Edited by Papa_Joe
PWB fuel Balancer does work in 1.0.5

On 3/15/2016 at 6:31 AM, Papa_Joe said:

Released

Version 5.0.1.0 - Release 14 Mar, 2016 - Bug fixes and APIs
- New:  Removed DFInterface.dll.  Added Reflection based Wrapper class source code for integration with DeepFreeze.
- New:  Removed SMInterface.dll.   Replaced by SMWrapper, which is also a reflection based wrapper for developer use with SM.
- Fixed:  Crew movement issues with DeepFreeze.
- Fixed:  Roster Window does not display correctly with DeepFreeze installed.
- Fixed:  EVA kerbals causing a null ref bug and duplicating kerbals.  This fix requires the latest version of Deepfreeze (V0.20.4.0) if you use it with SM. 

DeepFreeze will be released within the hour.

Updating to the new ShipManifest and DeepFreeze completely solved my issue.  Thanks a million!

On 16/03/2016 at 0:23 PM, JPLRepo said:

I'll take a look later.. Right now I'm at my real pay the bills job... :cool:

On 16/03/2016 at 11:34 AM, Deimos Rast said:

@JPLRepo

I removed that mod and I still get it.

@Deimos Rast Sorry forgot about this.. Will look on the weekend to remove it, but a quick browse of your log file indicates it is DeepFreeze trying to interface to Ship Manifest once in the Space Centre and again in the Editor, which is harmless. and yes this should move over to the DeepFreeze Thread.

>New: Science Transfers: Added ability to process unprocessed in science labs.

Oh man, I missed this in the changelogs.  So that's what the "Proc" and "Unproc" buttons are!  This makes shuffling science between several labs so much easier.  I love it!

On 3/15/2016 at 5:36 PM, captainradish said:
4 hours ago, hab136 said:

>New: Science Transfers: Added ability to process unprocessed in science labs.

Oh man, I missed this in the changelogs.  So that's what the "Proc" and "Unproc" buttons are!  This makes shuffling science between several labs so much easier.  I love it!

That was an addition offered in a PR from jd284.  I agree!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, I'm not gone.   Just went thru a very tough patch.   I'm back at it and fully focused again on KSP.  Tough times are over.

Just converted my account to steam.   I resisted as long as i could :)  I've got a beta version building, but there are still issues with screen messages for supporting stock/SM/other crewtransfers.

However, JPLRepo (an awesome guy btw)  is assisting me with navigating the new object model, and getting a compatible version up and running.

More soon.

Edited by Papa_Joe
spelling

2 minutes ago, Papa_Joe said:

Hey all, I'm not gone.   Just went thru a very tough patch.   I'm back at it and fully focused again on KSP.  Tough times are over.

Just converted my account to steam.   I resisted as long as i could :)  I've got a beta version building, but there are still issues with screen messages for supporting stock/SM/other crewtransfers.

However, JPLRepo (an awesome guy btw)  is assisting me with navigating the new object model, and getting a compatible version up and running.

More soon.

Yes!

Sorry to hear of your troubles, but glad to hear you're doing better!

Thank you so much for your hard work. Us mooches appreciate all you modders. KSP is infinitely amazing because of people like you. :)

Update:

I have a working build with KSP 1.1.  64 bit is very nice.

I'm still working out screen messages when overriding a stock crew transfer. Could still be errors elsewhere, so use at your own risk :).  However I will have a compatable release on Git Very soon.

Here you go.  

Version 5.0.9.0 - Release 05 Apr, 2016 - KSP 1.1 Compatability Update ** PreRelease **
- New:  Updated code to run on KSP 1.1
- New:  Modified screen message displays to account for channges to the object model.  SM screen messages are wip.

I've posted to Git here :https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/ShipManifest/releases/tag/5.0.9.0

Pre-Release code, so use at your own risk.   Off to get CLS working.   I'll be coming back to this.

Thought I'd ask a pro in the field of modding crew transfers. How practical would it be for there to be a feature where when a kerbal tries to board a part with a hatch but no open seats it will automatically transfer them to the next open seat elsewhere on the vessel possibly using some sort of boarding priority? (for example fill command modules first, then science labs(if scientist), then crew cabins, then science labs(if not a scientist))

Just adding my voice that I'd like to see some way to transfer fuel in such a way that the tanks are once again balanced, ie, they are all the same % full.  I generally design to keep them as balanced as possible but I also do a lot of VTOL so fine balance is key.

Papa I know you consider that a flight control thang... I'm just looking for a way to eliminate a mod from my mod list, and eliminate a click on load up if you know what I mean...!

Thanks for spending your time to crete a mod that benefits us!

Bryan

On 4/7/2016 at 0:03 PM, passinglurker said:

Thought I'd ask a pro in the field of modding crew transfers. How practical would it be for there to be a feature where when a kerbal tries to board a part with a hatch but no open seats it will automatically transfer them to the next open seat elsewhere on the vessel possibly using some sort of boarding priority? (for example fill command modules first, then science labs(if scientist), then crew cabins, then science labs(if not a scientist))

Its doable.  Its also going to take a bit of coding to work out the logic.   But not too painful.   maybe make it an option?   If on, it does it, if not it reverts to original behavior.   On or Off by default?

On 4/7/2016 at 4:41 AM, funkcanna said:

Hi Ive just noticed that in the 1.1 version of ship manifest, I can't add crew to an unmanned ship from the Roster.  

Thanks.   I'll look into that

On 4/8/2016 at 1:00 PM, bmyers831 said:

Just adding my voice that I'd like to see some way to transfer fuel in such a way that the tanks are once again balanced, ie, they are all the same % full.  I generally design to keep them as balanced as possible but I also do a lot of VTOL so fine balance is key.

Papa I know you consider that a flight control thang... I'm just looking for a way to eliminate a mod from my mod list, and eliminate a click on load up if you know what I mean...!

Thanks for spending your time to crete a mod that benefits us!

Bryan

Ya, been getting a few request for that lately.   Codepoet did some work there awhile back.   I'll look into that code and see what is doable.  Are you are thinking active balancing even while transfers are active?  That would be *interesting*. 

54 minutes ago, Papa_Joe said:

Its doable.  Its also going to take a bit of coding to work out the logic.   But not too painful.   maybe make it an option?   If on, it does it, if not it reverts to original behavior.   On or Off by default?

I'm not to picky about exact implementation as long as it is implemented. Even as an off by default option if that's what it takes :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2016 at 7:33 PM, Papa_Joe said:

Ya, been getting a few request for that lately.   Codepoet did some work there awhile back.   I'll look into that code and see what is doable.  Are you are thinking active balancing even while transfers are active?  That would be *interesting*. 

Thanks for the reply.  I'm just thinking perhaps a button that just balances the fuel among the enabled fuel tanks on the vessel.  I rarely need active balancing but that's just me.  Setting all tanks to the same percentage full is just part of my VTOL pre-landing and takeoff checklist.

Just loaded up the new KSP 1.1 and started loading mods I use.

I'm running 64bit and get this error in the KSP.log file. 

Exception loading 'ShipManifest': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ShipManifest.SMSettings' from assembly 'ShipManifest, Version=5.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ShipManifest.SMAddon' from assembly 'ShipManifest, Version=5.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass11' from assembly 'ShipManifest, Version=5.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass15' from assembly 'ShipManifest, Version=5.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

This error happens with a clean install of KSP and the only mod is Ship Manifest

Edited by dr_jt
Additional info

2 hours ago, dr_jt said:

Just loaded up the new KSP 1.1 and started loading mods I use.

I'm running 64bit and get this error in the KSP.log file. 

Exception loading 'ShipManifest': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ShipManifest.SMSettings' from assembly 'ShipManifest, Version=5.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ShipManifest.SMAddon' from assembly 'ShipManifest, Version=5.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass11' from assembly 'ShipManifest, Version=5.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass15' from assembly 'ShipManifest, Version=5.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

This error happens with a clean install of KSP and the only mod is Ship Manifest

Because you are trying to run a version of Ship Manifest that is for KSP 1.0.5 in KSP 1.1.
Suggest you download and install the latest version and try that. (Version 5.0.9.0 is the ONLY version that works in KSP 1.1).