[1.12.x] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 6.0.8.0 - 28 Apr 23

Papa_Joe

Hi,

I've got a problem with Ship Manifest as it don't work at all. I've got the UI, I can use it, but no transfer occur (fuel or crew). For fuel I still can do it manually with the vanilla system, but for crew SM override the vanilla mechanism so I can't move my Kerbals.

I use the last version of SM and CLS, but I run an older version of Module Manager (the last version cause problems with some science mods), could this be related ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, just a friendly check to see if this mod is actively being managed? It seems to be working fine, but KSP AVC is telling me this was last compatible with 1.3 (which I'm now running 1.3.1). Not sure if there's an updated 1.3.1 version available? I see the last version from 7/17/17 on GitHub, etc.

Thanks for your work on the mod!

On 1/13/2018 at 11:53 AM, eightiesboi said:

It depends on what your problem is. You don't report what version of KSP you are running, so I'll assume it's the latest (1.31). This mod isn't listed as compatible with 1.31. Until it is, you can change CKAN to force it to install the mod, or you can install the mod manually. However, CKAN issues are not the mod author's problem to fix. If you see the post above yours, oliezekat has made a suggestion regarding this issue. Otherwise, since the issue has been mentioned and isn't related to the mod itself, I suggest you take this to the CKAN thread. :)

CKAN won't accept a PR to update the ksp_version_max to 1.3.1 without the mod author validating that it works on 1.3.1 and bumping the KSP-AVC version

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/pull/1320 

7 hours ago, Jim DiGriz said:

CKAN won't accept a PR to update the ksp_version_max to 1.3.1 without the mod author validating that it works on 1.3.1 and bumping the KSP-AVC version

@Papa_Joe said, one page prior to this one, on December 8th, that he was working on this mod and some of the compatibility issues with 1.3.1. He didn't say the mod is currently compatible, and a quick perusal of the previous pages indicates that it may need some TLC from him first. The quote of mine you included was a response specifically to someone who was having problems with CKAN (mod not showing up when the poster believed it should, poster's KSP version not disclosed), which is why I suggested that, since the issue of compatibility was raised here already, that person should take his specific problem to where he can get help (i.e., the CKAN thread). Furthermore, the CKAN discussion on GitHub that you linked to says everything I just said. And, after raising the issue with the mod author--which has been done--the mod author has no responsibility to deal with CKAN problems (if any exist) nor should we be discussing them in the Ship Manifest thread.

TL;DR, the mod author hasn't validated that this version works with 1.3.1 due to issues that are being addressed, so CKAN showing that this mod is incompatible with 1.3.1 is accurate at this time. 

7 hours ago, Jim DiGriz said:

And there are two reasons for that:

1. The author would blame CKAN if users have problems on 1.3.1
  2. Users of KSP-AVC would see an error message about this mod being incompatible, and think that CKAN made a mistake

And in both cases, they'd be right. We understand that people want updates and they want them now, but it would be rude for CKAN to invite users to use a mod with a game version it's not meant for.

If you want to install incompatible mods, use the version compatibility feature. That's what it's there for.

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/User-guide#choosing-compatible-game-versions

2 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

And there are two reasons for that:

1. The author would blame CKAN if users have problems on 1.3.1
  2. Users of KSP-AVC would see an error message about this mod being incompatible, and think that CKAN made a mistake

And in both cases, they'd be right. We understand that people want updates and they want them now, but it would be rude for CKAN to invite users to use a mod with a game version it's not meant for.

If you want to install incompatible mods, use the version compatibility feature. That's what it's there for.

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/User-guide#choosing-compatible-game-versions

I did miss the KSP version update.  I updated the SM version but not the KSP version.  Updating it now.  Also I will be addressing some other errors noted and some additional work I have completed.

Edited by Papa_Joe
Had CLS on the brain... :D

5 hours ago, MikeO89 said:

I see the  version listed on ckan is 5.2.0.0  which the first page shows July 2017. So since ckan is listing it, it's compatible with 1.3.1? Also, the ckan link for this mod to this site is broken.

it works in 1.3.1.

3 hours ago, eberkain said:

Lets say I have two fuel tanks, one empty and one full.  How do I split the fuel evenly between them?

When I use Ship Manifest to transfer fuel, I am transferring it completely from one tank to another. SM excels at moving one "thing" (fuel, resource , science, crew, cats) from one place to another. You can enter a specific amount of fuel to transfer on the resource transfer dialog (either by typing it in or using the slider). More info is available on the SM Wiki here: https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/ShipManifest/wiki/2.3-Resource-Transfers

If you are looking to balance fuel between tanks on a regular basis, you may also want to look at: 

I use both SM and TAC-FB, as they both serve my needs differently. 

1 minute ago, eightiesboi said:

You can enter a specific amount of fuel to transfer on the resource transfer dialog

Have you tested this lately, for me it seems to fill the destination tank completely regardless of whatever is typed in. 

Hello, thanks for this really useful mod!

One question: Do resource transfers in Ship Manifest respect the crossfeed difficulty setting? Is there a realism setting for this? Or is the fuel transfer always possible regardless of crossfeed? Edit: Tested, no crossfeed setting is ignored.

Also I have noticed that when I add a Kerbal to a ship from the roster during preflight, this does not update the portraits.

Edit: Upon further testing I have noticed that overridden stock crew transfers are buggy. They seemingly complete successfully but display a "transfer interrupted message on screen". Also they sometimes mess with the camera as well. Having come to this page to report this, I have noticed earlier posts indicating that the mod is not officially compatible with 1.3.1 and the author has mentioned there were issues being worked upon, I will wait patiently for an updated release :)

Edited by canisin

I'm having a problem with ShipManifest.

Depending on the situation when I transfer resources for some reason I can generate or dump resources. This is related to multiple containers to multiple containers transfers.

@Papa_Joe could you help me with that problem (or should I start downloading newest VSExpress)?

Edited by Arivald Ha'gel

On 2/11/2018 at 2:08 PM, Arivald Ha'gel said:

I'm having a problem with ShipManifest.

Depending on the situation when I transfer resources for some reason I can generate or dump resources. This is related to multiple containers to multiple containers transfers.

@Papa_Joe could you help me with that problem (or should I start downloading newest VSExpress)?

Managed to fix the issue myself.

https://github.com/arivaldh/ShipManifest/commit/47f5b9581e2bb7e7dc780b3ad18678b07949c38e

Will create a pull request.

The problem was in:

double toPartAvgAmt = cycleAmount/ToParts.Count;

if no parts have had less resource/space in subsequent (not first) pass, then this value was added/removed from tanks, which could cause cycleBalance to be negative.

When someone (like me) had other processes running (like refrigerating/gassifying processes) transfers would never finish in a single pass, so the subsequent passes would always remove or add invalid amount of resource. Other method of reproduction would be to have one of the from tanks empty, or one of the to tanks full, and more than 2 from/to tanks.

Got a bug and a feature request...

Using KIS I placed an MKS nuclear generator (and a few other parts) and then docked it to my ship using a KAS pipe. For some reason the resources in the generator (enriched uranium and depleted fuel) didn't show up in ship manifest. I can do some more digging, but I'm not sure what would be helpful to report?

Then an idea that's been bouncing around in my head. Perhaps a big request and/or outside the scope of this mod, but I figure I'll throw it out there... With big ships and bases I often have a hard time figuring out how my resources are being used (or how they could) be used. You can look up in the resource panel and find out that you're using X units of EC per second, but what parts are consuming that EC? What parts are producing it? This mod does a great job showing you where resource storage is at or available. I'd like to see the same thing for production/consumption. I imagine picking a resource from a list and seeing all of the parts which can store, produce, or consume that resource. Pick a part and it highlights to help you locate it. You see two values for each: (1) "capacity", which is the max amount that can be stored (for current configuration) or the max amount that can be consumed or generated (for current configuration, if part is turned on) and then (2) "usage", which is the current amount stored or the current amount being consumed/generated.

I think this would be incredibly useful. Say your EC usage seems really high and you need to turn something off. This would make it much easier to locate what parts are using EC and decide what can be turned of. Or perhaps you will be adding more solar panels and want to know what kind of production the existing panels get at your current location. Maybe you're mining ore and producing fuel and you want to know if the ISRU can handle the production increase of another drill. With stock KSP you have to search every part one at a time to figure this kind of info out, so this kind of information would be a huge quality of life boost for me.

Just an idea...

Edited by jofwu

Hey all.  I just got back from a vacation to Saipan.  Back at home now.  and back into code.  Talk soon.  I will note the new posts and see where I'm at with my current dev branch.  I know i had some bug fixes completed, and some expansion to existing features.  I will post an interim release notes (WIP) so bring everyone up to date with where I'm at.  SM is definitely getting some love.

Edited by Papa_Joe

If anyone is interested I have added Kopernicus support to ShipManifest (related to Solar Panels).

https://github.com/arivaldh/ShipManifest/commit/370d7927afb56809d5bc8d4501abfb1244d14460

Already tested and works ok. Once previous Pull Request will be accepted, I'll make another one, although I plan to also fix issue with RT antennas not showing at all.

Edited by Arivald Ha'gel

Does this have universal resource control for the VAB? i.e. sliders for each individual resource in all of the liquid fuel tanks, oxidizer, monoprop, etc. that can be used to track how the center of mass changes as fuel is depleted?

On 3/1/2018 at 7:11 AM, b0ss said:

Does this have universal resource control for the VAB? i.e. sliders for each individual resource in all of the liquid fuel tanks, oxidizer, monoprop, etc. that can be used to track how the center of mass changes as fuel is depleted?

No.  Fuel balancing is handled by other mods.  TAC Fuel balancer is one example.

4 minutes ago, Papa_Joe said:

Update for KSP 1.4 Release:

SM will require a recompile to function correctly with KSP 1.4  I have it recompiled and am verifying functionality.   I will have a release out shortly.

Honestly, I wouldn't bother.  Most other mod makers seem to be waiting for 1.4.1 which is already announced as coming out in less than a week.  (With the Making History expansion.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/03/2018 at 6:25 PM, Papa_Joe said:

Update for KSP 1.4 Release:

SM will require a recompile to function correctly with KSP 1.4  I have it recompiled and am verifying functionality.   I will have a release out shortly.

Eagerly awaiting the update! :-D This has become a must-have mod. Thanks for the work!