[1.12.x] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 6.0.8.0 - 28 Apr 23

Papa_Joe

I'm using this mod in 1.6.1 and enjoying it, but am learning not to attempt to transfer kerbals from External Command Seats to anywhere else in a craft.  The kerbal gets transferred but its body appears to remain as  a ghost (fully opaque) and some part of the ship seems to get replicated around the general location of the "vacated" command seat.  It's seems really easy to reproduce and in all cases I've had to ship a replacement ship from the KSC (by deploying the replacement on the runway and then editing the .sfs file to replace the bogus original (after getting all crew off) with the new one (not a lot of fun)).

My question is whether this is a known problem?  I can live with it now that I know not to do it...

11 hours ago, Hotel26 said:

I'm using this mod in 1.6.1 and enjoying it, but am learning not to attempt to transfer kerbals from External Command Seats to anywhere else in a craft.  The kerbal gets transferred but its body appears to remain as  a ghost (fully opaque) and some part of the ship seems to get replicated around the general location of the "vacated" command seat.  It's seems really easy to reproduce and in all cases I've had to ship a replacement ship from the KSC (by deploying the replacement on the runway and then editing the .sfs file to replace the bogus original (after getting all crew off) with the new one (not a lot of fun)).

My question is whether this is a known problem?  I can live with it now that I know not to do it...

can't resist - have you tried saying 'Beetlejuice' three times really fast? :o

I've never seen this behaviors, never heard of it.

• 2 months later...
On 6/12/2019 at 10:26 PM, whitespacekilla said:

If there were, that word would almost certainly be here. Having continued to use and rebuild (for no real reason, none of the API it uses was broken or changed) this version of ShipManifest continuously from 1.4.3 to 1.7.1, I would guess that updating it won't be a high priority if the original author (Papa Joe) does return (because it's already fine).

That said, I forked the original, rebuilt it against 1.7.1, and updated the version spec if anyone is interested: https://github.com/marr75/ShipManifest/releases

I haven't encountered the issue Lisias cited but would look at fixing it if I did. As far as the conversation preceding about trust, the full source of the forked github repo is there and included. Plus, there are much simpler ways of infecting a much larger audience than to distribute your virus or spyware in a .net DLL (trivially accessible source code) that maybe 10 people will download :-)

One issue for you if you're still maintaining this fork - contracts don't recognise ship manifest crew transfers for the purposes of any contract requiring you to transfer crew between one vessel and another.  

On 9/3/2019 at 2:16 AM, horngeek said:

One issue for you if you're still maintaining this fork - contracts don't recognise ship manifest crew transfers for the purposes of any contract requiring you to transfer crew between one vessel and another.  

Can't you just use the normal transfer to work around this? I'm kind of on the fence about any but the smallest KSP1 modding efforts since KSP2 was announced.

1 hour ago, whitespacekilla said:

Can't you just use the normal transfer to work around this? I'm kind of on the fence about any but the smallest KSP1 modding efforts since KSP2 was announced.

Fair enough!  And I *can*, since I can just turn off the 'enforce Ship Manifest transfer' option, I guess.  :)

On 9/4/2019 at 6:27 PM, horngeek said:

Fair enough!  And I *can*, since I can just turn off the 'enforce Ship Manifest transfer' option, I guess.  :)

Cool. I have a mod in-development which would have been pretty in-depth and have been my first serious project using their (somewhat difficult to use) UI toolkit but I've pretty much given up on it since I don't know how well any of that work will translate to the KSP2 (I've heard in some interviews that it's a total, ground up re-write and in others that specific systems got a big overhaul, seems like the guys giving interviews just don't know what they're talking about).

• 1 month later...

4K254t5.png

Anyone had this issue when the 'Xfer' button is not displaying to the right of the science? I noticed it's displayed as ModuleScienceExperiment - not sure if that's proper. 

I'll continue playing around with settings and try some other parts.

3 hours ago, PataSolar said:

4K254t5.png

Anyone had this issue when the 'Xfer' button is not displaying to the right of the science? I noticed it's displayed as ModuleScienceExperiment - not sure if that's proper. 

I'll continue playing around with settings and try some other parts.

It's one of the settings. Realistic transfers I think.

8 hours ago, maja said:

It's one of the settings. Realistic transfers I think.

Hi guys, sorry cause i don t play for weeks cause not enough time. But have you try to click on the + at the left side of ModuleScienceExperiement in this case ?

i remember or dreams about a menu when clicking on this.

hope it could help.

13 minutes ago, therealcrow999 said:

Does anyone know if there is a mod like this that handles just crew rosters? Sometimes I hate the way stock game give a player a roster starting a new save and I can't get any engineers, but pilots and scientist. The random roll can suck.

There is one.. Crew  manifest.. but ti too is out of date and eithr one or the  other or both need to be brought up to date..

@linuxgurugamer,  I think your services are needed..

Edited by Space_Coyote

1 hour ago, Space_Coyote said:

There is one.. Crew  manifest.. but ti too is out of date and eithr one or the  other or both need to be brought up to date..

I use to use Crew Manifest years ago, then moved to Ship Manifest, since it was being updated.

2 hours ago, Space_Coyote said:

1 hour ago, therealcrow999 said:

I use to use Crew Manifest years ago, then moved to Ship Manifest, since it was being updated.

Crew Manifest is one of the mods I've always done my own recompile's on. Dropbox link for KSP 1.8.1, if you want to use it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1e1xwktlxn71xyk/CrewManifest.dll?dl=0

Edited by leatherneck6017

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, oniontrain said:

Has anybody tried this in 1.8 yet? I'm sick of having to EVA to transfer science

I'm assuming this will need a recompile in order to work on 1.8.X but going by the posts above it can be done already but the mod author hasn't recompiled it themselves yet, so there isn't a supported version on 1.8.X yet.

I just recompiled this mod for KSP1.8.x, given that there hasn't been any activity. Hope I'm not stepping on any toes.

Apart from tweaking the project files, rather surprisingly everything appears to still work I but haven't tested in detail. I only use the resource transfer features, not the roster management.

Can download the compiled version from GitHub (https://github.com/mwerle/ShipManifest/releases/tag/6.0.0.1_mw) or people can clone and recompile themselves.

NB. I changed the major version number not because there are new features, but because it's not backwards-compatible with earlier versions of KSP.

Edit: Oops, sorry, missed @leatherneck6017's comment. Although, and please don't take this the wrong way, personally I'd want to know what went into the personal recompile so would want to see the source instead of just a binary download from dropbox.. 
If you have any personal patches for this mod, it'd be great if you could share them.

Edited by micha

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, micha said:

Thanks for the heads up.  I'll try to contact Papa_Joe and see what he wants to do. 

Mebbe ask if he has plans for *any* of his mods? They all seem to be hitting that point where they still might work, but could maybe use some maintenance updates, especially after 1.8.0, where plugins *should* probably at least be recompiled against .NET 4.5+, if nothing else. vOv

If he has no plans to continue, mebbe a good time to let them go to good homes, like RealGecko did when they left... vOv

Edited by Stone Blue

• 2 weeks later...

So I haven't heard back from @Papa_Joe and his email address is bouncing.

I'm very hesitant to just up and fork this mod without the authors' express permission, but the license does allow it and I guess there's been a reasonable amount of time since the last update.  Any other takers (@linuxgurugamer) and/or comments/concerns?

14 minutes ago, micha said:

I'm very hesitant to just up and fork this mod without the authors' express permission, but the license does allow it and I guess there's been a reasonable amount of time since the last update.  Any other takers (@linuxgurugamer) and/or comments/concerns?

you can always PR the changes. and community should come to your aid - good group of modders we have, all except for that zed'K creature. :o

On 2/25/2020 at 9:17 PM, micha said:

What @zer0Kerbalsaid

No real changes (as yet) - just updated project files (dotnet4.5) and recompile. So trying to figure out best way to release without stepping on any toes.

So not sure how making PRs would help the (CKAN) users here..

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.