[1.12.x] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 6.0.8.0 - 28 Apr 23

Papa_Joe

I've been meaning to ask for a feature (not necessarily for this next version) to swap kerbals around IVA seats. Currently I need to edit the SFS file myself to do this.

This feature already exists. If you will note, in the transfer window with crew selected, to the left of the kerbal's name, there is a ">>" button. That button moves your kerbals around within the same part. No need to edit the SFS... go ahead and swap seats!

What this does tell me though, is that some tool tips may help with the lesser known features (that feature has been there for about a year)...

Edited by Papa_Joe

wow, I've been posting around for a while about either "how to transfer a kerbal seat" (finally figured out myself what to edit in the SFS file) or "make a mod for transferring a kerbal seat" and no one even pointed out that Ship Manifest can do it. I see it was a new feature added just after I started using KSP back in Feb last year. Must have missed it in the change log back then. Well, serves me right...

wow, I've been posting around for a while about either "how to transfer a kerbal seat" (finally figured out myself what to edit in the SFS file) or "make a mod for transferring a kerbal seat" and no one even pointed out that Ship Manifest can do it. I see it was a new feature added just after I started using KSP back in Feb last year. Must have missed it in the change log back then. Well, serves me right...

SM is sneaky that way... :D

There is a LOT of functionality and configuration built in, but much of it is hidden by the realism mode switch, which is set to on by default... You can fill a vessel with crew, remove crew members, dump or fill a resource vessel wide or for a particular part, etc.. the list goes on...

I probably should build a proper wiki, as a lot of the functionality is lost in the spoilers in the OP...

Thank you for this great mod!

I m the author of the SETI-BalanceMod (link in signatur) and would like to recommend Ship Manifest in the mods list.

Unfortunately there is a compatibility issue.

Your mod allows to transfer science around the ship, but does not care about intentional restrictions.

A science module config looks like this one from the stock material bay:

MODULE
{
name = ModuleScienceExperiment
experimentID = mobileMaterialsLab

experimentActionName = Observe Materials Bay
resetActionName = Reset Materials Bay

useStaging = False
useActionGroups = True
hideUIwhenUnavailable = True

xmitDataScalar = 0.2

FxModules = 0

dataIsCollectable = True
collectActionName = Collect Data
interactionRange = 1.2
}

For balancing reasons, some mods intend certain science experiments to be non-collectable, by setting "dataIsCollectable = False", so that the data either has to be transmitted at the xmitDataScalar value or the experiment itself returned to Kerbin.

It would be really great, if your algorithms could check that setting, when attempting to transfer science around the vessel.

Thank you very much,

Yemo

Can you show the professions of the kerbals,

even if just prefixing the names with PhD. for scientists, Ir. for engineers and Ct. for pilots

Great Idea. I was just looking at the roster to see what I might improve. Since I just added ToolTip support in Dev, I was thinking of adding Tool Tips for the various buttons...

Professions would be a good idea, and I also thought that those kerbals not assigned to a vessel should show their status...

Thank you for this great mod!

I m the author of the SETI-BalanceMod (link in signatur) and would like to recommend Ship Manifest in the mods list.

Unfortunately there is a compatibility issue.

Your mod allows to transfer science around the ship, but does not care about intentional restrictions.

A science module config looks like this one from the stock material bay:

For balancing reasons, some mods intend certain science experiments to be non-collectable, by setting "dataIsCollectable = False", so that the data either has to be transmitted at the xmitDataScalar value or the experiment itself returned to Kerbin.

It would be really great, if your algorithms could check that setting, when attempting to transfer science around the vessel.

Thank you very much,

Yemo

Outstanding! It has always been my desire for Ship Manifest to be a valuable tool for the "Realism" folks as well...

I'll take a look at what I'm missing and make it happen. I just committed my most recent changes to GitHub, so I'll look at that now!

Also an update for everyone else,

I just completed the CLS hatch integration, and it works great. If you use CLS with Ship Manifest, expect the next update to give you great power over your hatch positions.

Update: I've incorporated Kerbal titles in the Roster, and for those kerbals that are not assigned to a vessel, I show their status. Also, I've added support for "dataIsCollectable" in Science transfers. If realism Mode is on, you will not be able to Xfer Science from those modules that have dataIsCollectable set to False. With Realism Off, you can Xfer the science.

These changes will be included in the next release.

Edited by Papa_Joe
Removed code bock for brevity

Update:

I've communicated with codepoet, and he will be reviewing my changes to CLS soon. Here are the projected Change Notes for the upcoming 0.90.0_3.4.0 version of Ship Manifest:

Version 0.90.0_3.4.0 - Release TBD - CLS Hatches, CLS Highlighting, Mod Tweaks and More Edition.

- New: Added support for CLS Hatches. Now features a hatch dashboard. Takes advantage of changes made to CLS to support third party Hatch control. Open/close individual/all hatches in a vessel.

- New: Revised highlighting to allow for CLS enabled highlighting. Added a switch to turn on/off CLS highlighting. Takes advantage of changes made to CLS highlighting.

- New: Added Kerbal Title and Status to Roster Window

- New: Added support for dataIsCollectable = false in Realism Mode. Now you cannot Xfer science data where dataIsCollectable=False for that module.

- New: Added KSP-AVC support http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79745

- New: Internal architectural changes to prepare for refactoring plugin. Changed windows into separate classes. Prepare for a base window class. Add Window based tooltip support.

- New: Added tool tips for certain buttons. Added ToolTip display switch in settings.

- Bug: When when transferring a resource in realism mode, sometimes the source part ends up negative and causes issues (moves resources 1 unit at a time, backwards.

Edited by Papa_Joe
Grammer

Hi, is it possible to show profession (pilot, engineer, scientist) next to kerbal name in crew transfer? It would really help a lot because every time I transfer kerbals I want to select kerbals with specific profession.

Hi. thanks for the feedback.

I was just thinking about that. I will do so. I've been adding tooltips (per the discussion a few posts ago), so it makes good sense. I'll see what room I have, and make it happen.

Plan on it being in the next update, which should be in a few days. Just waiting on CLS to be updated and polishing the plugin some more. :D

Just a couple of teaser imiages for some of the upcoming features.

THis one shows tooltips in the roster window, along with the Kerbal's professions in both the Roster and the Transfer window. Note also that CLS highlighting reappears in this version and is much more robust and error free in it's use. Of course you can turn off tooltips and CLS highlighting...

wTCp6ND.png

This one shows the new hatch panel. mouse over a hatch in the panel, and the part is highlighted in green for open and red for closed hatches on the vessel... makes it easy to locate hatches.

rEuuZFo.png

Finally, this one shows the Setting window where highlighting and tooltips can be turned on and off.

XR0l8wa.png

Coming soon!

Nice.

One wish item would be some way to see the total amount of resources on the entire vessel.

Interesting Idea. I can see the value in that. Thoughts on implementation?

I might add this as a tooltip over the resource buttons in the manifest window... for example:

Crew: Tooltip shows total crew on board / total spaces in vessel.

Science: Shows total science count vessel wide.

Resources. Total resource count / Total possible when filled. (launch value)

Or, I could add a tooltip for the title bar that shows all these in one tooltip....

Or, I could simply place the total in the bar itself in parenthses... "Recource (count/total)"

Or, I can show it in the details section of the Manifest window Above the part list. I already do it for each part there, so may make the best sense.

However I like the idea of being able to see all resources at that same time....

maybe I combine some of these (err on the side of TMI... :D)

Ideas?

Edited by Papa_Joe

Maybe as part of the title of the transfer window. So say "Monopropellant (3333)"? And maybe also on the buttons where you select the resource type to transfer.

Ok, let me take a look. should be quick to implement. I'll have something in place for the planned update.

Ok, let me take a look. should be quick to implement. I'll have something in place for the planned update.

Ok, here is a first pass... I'm thinking maybe I should reduce the resolution to 2 decimal places, or maybe even 0 decimal places... not perfectly accurate, but I think it may be more readable... I'm using 4 digits atm...

SaRczIU.png

Edited by Papa_Joe

Looks good. I think for the totals, 0 decimal points is fine. Results in less clutter.

Nice part is that the overview window now gives you a quick snapshot of how your station supplies are doing.

Agreed. Zero Decimals it is. I like the snapshot as well... I realized that did find myself going over to the KSP resources button, even though I had SM open.

Good Idea!

Awesome!

I'm downloading it now. I will be performing final test, wrapping up SM, putting a bow on it and shoving it out the door!

Thanks so much for such a great mod!

New Release!

This marks a major milestone for me. I've been wanting to add hatches for several months. Finally, it's here, and I've also made significant changes under the hood. Highlighting is fantastic now and I love it.

Tooltips really make a difference I think, especially for those lesser known features like moving kerbals and Roster features. Tool tips are state sensitive, meaning when more than one reason exists for a condition, the tool tip will describe it. Take a peek. If you don't need them, turn them off in settings!

Enjoy and PLEASE, let me know if ANYTHING does not work right. This should be the best version of SM yet.

Version 0.90.0_4.0.0 - Release 06 Feb 2015 - CLS Hatches & Highlighting, Mod Refactoring and More Edition.

- New: Added support for CLS Hatches. Now features a hatch dashboard. Mouseover a hatch and it is highlighted on the vessel. Takes advantage of changes made to CLS 1.1.1.0 to support third party Hatch control. Open/close individual/all hatches in a vessel.

- New: Revised highlighting to reintroduce CLS enabled highlighting. Added a switch to turn on/off CLS highlighting. Takes advantage of recent changes made to CLS highlighting.

- New: Many internal architectural changes and refactoring of plugin. Changed windows into separate classes. Prepare for a base window class. Added tooltip support.

- New: Added tool tips for many buttons across entire plugin. Added ToolTip display switch in settings for those that don't want Tool tips to show, including granularity to the window level.

- New: Major Roster Window enhancements. Altered action button dislay behaviors to be more clear. Added conditional tooltips to aid in use of little known features. Added Kerbal Title and Status to Kerbal info display.

- New: Enabling/Disabling Blizzy Toolbar no longer requires a game restart. Turn it on or off in settings and it will take effect immediately.

- New: Added SETI compatibility support for dataIsCollectable = false in Realism Mode. Now you cannot Xfer science data where dataIsCollectable = false for the source module.

- New: Added vessel resource totals (quick reference) to Manifest Window resource buttons and Transfer Window Resource Title.

- New: Added KSP-AVC support http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79745

- Bug: When when transferring a resource in realism mode, sometimes the source part ends up negative and causes issues (moves resources 1 unit at a time, backwards.

KerbalStuff updated. Updating Curse and OP now.

Update Note: I just realized I released my config with my current window positions. if you run into issues, simply set all window position numbers to 0. that is what I do when I release a revised cconfig.xml...

Here is the xml:

<rect name="ManifestPosition">
<xmin>0</xmin>
<xmax>0</xmax>
<ymin>0</ymin>
<ymax>0</ymax>
</rect>
<rect name="TransferPosition">
<xmin>0</xmin>
<xmax>0</xmax>
<ymin>0</ymin>
<ymax>0</ymax>
</rect>
<rect name="RosterPosition">
<xmin>0</xmin>
<xmax>0</xmax>
<ymin>0</ymin>
<ymax>0</ymax>
</rect>
<rect name="SettingsPosition">
<xmin>0</xmin>
<xmax>0</xmax>
<ymin>0</ymin>
<ymax>0</ymax>
</rect>
<rect name="HatchPosition">
<xmin>0</xmin>
<xmax>0</xmax>
<ymin>0</ymin>
<ymax>0</ymax>
</rect>
<rect name="DebuggerPosition">
<xmin>0</xmin>
<xmax>0</xmax>
<ymin>0</ymin>
<ymax>0</ymax>
</rect>

sorry for the inconvenience!

Edited by Papa_Joe

Good effort Joe. You are a real trooper, and have put loads of work into this release. Congratulations.

Thanks!. And thank you for your efforts. CLS has made lots of good things possible!

Is there any way to create kerbal in a profession other than pilot? Or to change an existing kerbals profession?

At this time, from what I understand, the profession is dependent on the name. I've not tested this and am relying on others that have stated this fact. Once created, a kerbal's profession is tied to the name. Change the name and the profession changes. This is why I removed the rename capability from the Roster Window in version 0.90.0_3.3.4

I will test this in my dev copy and report back what I find. If there is a way to manipulate names and professions, I'll add it.

@Papa_Joe

What do you mean professions are tied to names? Does that mean I am able to pick a kerbals profession when creating them by naming them in some certain way? I am confused. I appreciate the help really enjoy the mod!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.