[1.12.x] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 6.0.8.0 - 28 Apr 23

Papa_Joe

Have you tested antennas control with remote tech. Looks like it can't recognize RT modified antennas - the list is empty.

http://s2.postimg.org/vp13cvapx/screenshot14.jpg

Also, basic undeployable solar panels is listed in solar panels control list and can be retracted and deployed with no effect.

http://s3.postimg.org/f94uwbc67/screenshot13.jpg

Thanks for the feedback.

I have not tested with Remote tech. Let me take a look. Antennas are still kind of a black box for me :) Would you be so kind as to post a game save I can peruse? this will help me with that is being added. I see that RT adds several custom modules...

Undeployable panels... I'll have to take a look. I did not think they could make the list, as I search for "ModuleDeployableSolarPanel". Let me see if there is an attribute I need to query...

Update: Undeployable panels actually generate unmanaged errors when I try to extend or retract, so I definitely need to correct this. In work.

2nd Update: Figured out the Solar Panel issue. I have to test the active states of both the Extend and Retract Events. If both active states are false then I exclude that panel. Tested and working. still looking into the RT issues. It may take a bit to generate an integration. If so, I'll release the Solar Panel fix first and then release another version later with RT integration.

Edited by Papa_Joe

For RT antennas looking for ModuleAnimateGeneric and ModuleRTAntenna should be enough. Antennas that only have ModuleRTAntenna are not deploy-able though they are activate-able. Not sure how RT handles it when ModuleRTAntenna is added to a part with an unrelated ModuleAnimateGeneric...

For RT antennas looking for ModuleAnimateGeneric and ModuleRTAntenna should be enough. Antennas that only have ModuleRTAntenna are not deploy-able though they are activate-able. Not sure how RT handles it when ModuleRTAntenna is added to a part with an unrelated ModuleAnimateGeneric...

That may help. I'm searching for ModuleDataTransmitter, and then locating the appropriate ModuleAnimateGeneric that contains the Events Extend and Retract. I've been going over the RT code base and if RT is using ModuleRTAntenna in place of ModuleDataTransmitter, I expect that the associated ModuleAnimateGeneric is still there. I just want to be sure the behavior is what I expected.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Looking at how RT changes the stock antennas eg.

@PART[longAntenna]:FOR[RemoteTech]
{
!MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter] {}

@MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric]
{
%allowManualControl = false
}

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] {
%Mode0OmniRange = 0
%Mode1OmniRange = 2500000
%MaxQ = 6000
%EnergyCost = 0.13

%DeployFxModules = 0

%TRANSMITTER {
%PacketInterval = 0.3
%PacketSize = 2
%PacketResourceCost = 15.0
}
}

%MODULE[ModuleSPUPassive] {}
}

It just get's rid of ModuleDataTransmitter, makes it so it can only be deployed through RT (%allowManualControl = false) and adds the ModuleRTAntenna which also handles science transmition. The ModuleSPUPassive can be ignored.

So I wouldn't try to just trigger the ModuleAnimateGeneric as that would extend the antennas but not activate them for RT.

Looking at how RT changes the stock antennas eg.

@PART[longAntenna]:FOR[RemoteTech]
{
!MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter] {}

@MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric]
{
%allowManualControl = false
}

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] {
%Mode0OmniRange = 0
%Mode1OmniRange = 2500000
%MaxQ = 6000
%EnergyCost = 0.13

%DeployFxModules = 0

%TRANSMITTER {
%PacketInterval = 0.3
%PacketSize = 2
%PacketResourceCost = 15.0
}
}

%MODULE[ModuleSPUPassive] {}
}

It just get's rid of ModuleDataTransmitter, makes it so it can only be deployed through RT (%allowManualControl = false) and adds the ModuleRTAntenna which also handles science transmition. The ModuleSPUPassive can be ignored.

So I wouldn't try to just trigger the ModuleAnimateGeneric as that would extend the antennas but not activate them for RT.

thanks for that. I downloaded RemoteTech, and examined the save. I now have a working integration. You are correct, the ModuleAnimateGeneric remains, but is not used for performing the work. Instead, ModuleRTAntenna contains the needed events.

I added a test for which type of module, and then invoke the appropriate event calls. Works great. Some more testing to do with other antennas, but looks like I have it licked.

RemoteTech integration and a fix for the undeployable solar panels will be forthcoming in the next release, likely later today (CDT), after I get some sleep. :D

New version released:

Version 0.90.0_4.1.4.1 - Release 22 Mar, 2015 - RT Antenna Integration Edition.

- New: Added Remote Tech (RT) Antenna control support.

- Bug: Undeployable Solar panels incorrectly show up in Solar panel list and generate an unmanaged error when Extended or Retracted.

Enjoy!

Thanks so much for your continued feedback. It helps immensely to make SM better!

As always, Let me know if you have any issues.

Edited by Papa_Joe

The 4.1.4 updates are not pushing to CKAN as the 4.1.3.1 update was missing the extra .0 after the 90 in the naming convention and it is not recognizing the newer version after them when ordering them- see here in the CKAN Meta https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/tree/master/ShipManifest

Guess the the misnamed version just needs deleting, not sure how/who would go about fixing that, a bit inexperienced when it comes to github!

The 4.1.4 updates are not pushing to CKAN as the 4.1.3.1 update was missing the extra .0 after the 90 in the naming convention and it is not recognizing the newer version after them when ordering them- see here in the CKAN Meta https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/tree/master/ShipManifest

Guess the the misnamed version just needs deleting, not sure how/who would go about fixing that, a bit inexperienced when it comes to github!

dang it.... Murphy's law. The easiest fix is to publish a new version without the 0.90. and make it simply 4.1.4.1. This will eliminate the error and siimplify the naming convention. I had been including the KSP version as part of the version naming to make it easy to see what version of KSP it was built to, but that seems to be causing more issues than it solves...

Thanks for the heads up.

New version released:

Version 0.90.0_4.1.4.1 - Release 22 Mar, 2015 - RT Antenna Integration Edition.

- New: Added Remote Tech (RT) Antenna control support.

- Bug: Undeployable Solar panels incorrectly show up in Solar panel list and generate an unmanaged error when Extended or Retracted.

Papa_Joe, when you list "bug" in release notes, do you mean fixed bug or known bug?

Papa_Joe, when you list "bug" in release notes, do you mean fixed bug or known bug?

Bugs posted in change notes are bugs fixed. I simply identify what the bug was in the text. For your personal reference, I added a check to test for extend/retract event states. With solar panels, if both event.active states are false, then it is an undeployable panel.

@Chonner: I've bumped the KerbalStuff upload to v 4.1.4.1, removing the KSP version reference in the front of the version name. No other changes have been made. If you downloaded v 0.90.0_4.1.4.1, you have current code. Going forward, I will no longer include the KSP version in my version naming. (I keep screwing it up...)

Thank you for answer. I've used to see separate list of fixed bugs and known bugs in various release notes and your notation makes me a bit confused.
Or maybe use "Fixed:" as the prefix instead of "Bug:" in the release notes?

I can do that. I do aim to please :)

OP updated to reflect change to bug notation. Now shows "Fixed" for all bug entries in Change history.

Edited by Papa_Joe

dang it.... Murphy's law. The easiest fix is to publish a new version without the 0.90. and make it simply 4.1.4.1. This will eliminate the error and siimplify the naming convention. I had been including the KSP version as part of the version naming to make it easy to see what version of KSP it was built to, but that seems to be causing more issues than it solves...

Thanks for the heads up.

Just Use AVC instead.

SpaceNomad said:
There still seems to be an issue with the CKAN data: It tries to download from [removed link to defunct website] which leads to a 404 if retrieved by a web browser (and a cryptic error message from the CKAN client).

It misses the "mod" between "com" and "261". So it should be[removed link to defunct website]

Yemo said:
It misses the "mod" between "com" and "261". So it should be [removed link to defunct website]

That sounds like a CKAN issue. I can do a pull request on the meta, but I'm not sure that it won't happen again...

Edit. I checked the meta and it shows the correct link. Don't know where or when the "mod" portion of the link disappeared...

New Release:

Version 0.90.0_4.1.4.0 - Release 21 Mar, 2015 - More Control & Realism Tweaks Edition.

- New: Added Antenna control support.

- New: Added Light control support.

- New: Reworked Hatches, Solar Panels, Antennas and Lights into a single management window called Control

- New: Reworked Settings Window to behave the same as the Control Window. Tabbed sections for less scrolling :)

- New: Added Electrical cost for Resource Xfers in realism mode, based on Actual Flow Rate, and Cost per unit setting in config.

- New: Added Settings switch for Resource Xfer Electricl Cost in Realism. Turn off if you don't wan't THAT much realism :)

- New: Added support for vessel control state in realism mode. Resource transfers not possible when controlable = false.

Enjoy!

As always, let me know if you find any issues.

Great stuff! The latest release (4.1.4.1) seems to be working nicely so far :)

Thanks for your continued great work on this mod, Papa_Joe!

I seem to be either having a serious problem with this mod, or I'm being an idiot. There doesn't seem to be any way to open up the transfer window. Checking in settings I have transfers set as on, so I am completely at a loss.

HzuEGOc.png

Edited by Stealthyboy

I seem to be either having a serious problem with this mod, or I'm being an idiot. There doesn't seem to be any way to open up the transfer window. Checking in settings I have transfers set as on, so I am completely at a loss.

http://i.imgur.com/HzuEGOc.png

I noticed from your screen shot that you are using an earlier version of SM (a few versions back). I suspect it is a version I inadvertently left my window settings in, so my guess is that the window is is off the screen. I suggest you update to version 4.1.4.1, and your issue will go away :)

Looks like antennas list doesn't show antennas name. Instead it shows name of the part antenna attached to. It's rather unhandy.

http://s14.postimg.org/as85smz7x/screenshot17.jpg

Yup, I was looking at that. When I implemented hatches... all parts were docking ports... kinda boring, and it made more sense to identify the part it was attached to... however, with panels, lights and antennas, the name can actually be helpful. I'll make that change in the next release.

Thanks!~