[1.12.x] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 6.0.8.0 - 28 Apr 23

Papa_Joe

Just now, micha said:

No real changes (as yet) - just updated project files (dotnet4.5) and recompile. So trying to figure out best way to release without stepping on any toes.

So not sure how making PRs would help the (CKAN) users here..

Two choices:

1. You can fork it and have your version a different name, and then have that added to CKAN, with a conflict statement of the original
  2. You can ask that CKAN be updated to point to your fork as the current maintainer,

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

Two choices:

1. You can fork it and have your version a different name, and then have that added to CKAN, with a conflict statement of the original
  2. You can ask that CKAN be updated to point to your fork as the current maintainer,

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/issues/7742  :)

(Great minds and all that..?)

Edited by micha

7 hours ago, micha said:

No real changes (as yet) - just updated project files (dotnet4.5) and recompile. So trying to figure out best way to release without stepping on any toes.

So not sure how making PRs would help the (CKAN) users here..

okay - so you've sent forum messages, RL email messages and have posted in the relevant threads your intention to 'adopt' this mod. I am presuming you are wanting to continue or adopt this mod.

you have waited a reasonable time for a reply.

you have verified the license allows adoption.

the moderators have seen this.

CKAN administrators have seen this.

So publish a release, post a new thread, link new thread in old thread. recognize author, source, license in all things; publish on spacedock/curseforge. push to ckan either through spacedock or manually.

The PR to original is just courtesy. don't have to do it, and maybe shouldn't do it until @Papa_Joe comes back so can just do one - providing he wants to take it back.

Did I miss anything @linuxgurugamer? @HebaruSan?

Edited by zer0Kerbal

The one thing I would add is, once your fork is up, posted, and properly licensed, post an intro to your fork and a link to the new forum thread as the last post to this thread and ask the mods if they would temporary lock this thread pending the return of @Papa_Joe. That way, newcomers and people who disappear from KSP for a year and return would know what's going on. :)

Thank you @micha for both choosing to update this very useful mod and for doing it in a way that respects the previous author. Papa_Joe helped to create and maintain some terrific mods, and I hope that whatever has delayed his return wasn't anything dire. Squad made a good game / sim with KSP, but its community of talented modders (like LGG and that Zed'k person :P) are what make it great!

I'm looking forward to the newly updated and freshly forked mod!

So it's taken a bit longer since I discovered this mod has a (soft) dependency on ShipManifest ConnectedLivingSpaces, which is also maintained by @Papa_Joe!  So I've gone ahead and taken that on as well...

I've finally made a new thread as well as an initial release. Please see the new SM thread here:

@MODS: Please lock this thread to further comments.

Edited by micha

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Necro of my old thread here.  I'm back and I'll be reviving my page.  I've talked with @micha and I will be resuming support of Ship Manifest.  Expect updates soon.  Thanks to everyone for the support and especially micha for keeping Ship Manifest alive during my absence.

11 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

Necro of my old thread here.  I'm back and I'll be reviving my page.  I've talked with @micha and I will be resuming support of Ship Manifest.  Expect updates soon.  Thanks to everyone for the support and especially micha for keeping Ship Manifest alive during my absence.

The best kind of necro... :D

Welcome back!

Just an update.  I have a new dev environment set up, and have updated my Git repo (Dev) with the latest code from @micha, and updated the project settings for my needs.

I'll be working on getting all the associated links, distribution points etc worked out before I do a maintenance release for 1.12.x.  I'm not expecting any bug fixes or new features yet, but just want to get to the point that my Project distribution system is working again. an I have a new release on my GitHub that I can distribute to Curse, Spacedock, and any other locations that @micha was supporting.

More to come.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2021 at 7:13 PM, HebaruSan said:

And it probably will continue to do so until there's a new release of this fork.

Correct.  I will work out all the distribution issues once I set up a release.

Update:  I'm about to go to bed, but I've created a good build with the code from  @micha merged with mine.  I've added a deployable radiator control panel.  I'll be testing it tomorrow, and I'll start work on the release process, working out the kinks.  So progress, and a new release soonTM.  :D

Edited by Papa_Joe
Added update for release plans

Just an update.  I've reached a decent stopping point on this release.  I'm merging Dev to Master and preparing a release.  I  will have distribution issues to deal with for distribution points beyond Git.   I will work thru those and get them updated.

Release ShipManifest · PapaJoesSoup/ShipManifest (github.com)

Update.  v6.0.3.0 is released.  available on Git (PapajoesSoup), Spacedock, and Curse (Papa_Joe's project).  I expect there is a sweep timer for CKAN, but I've reached out to @HebaruSan to offer any support if needed.

Another Update:  I've talked with @HebaruSan, and a pull request is in process to update CKAN to point to my GitHub.  CKAN users, we have you covered.

Edited by Papa_Joe

So I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere in the thread, but why do we have the CLSInterfaces.dll bundled in with this mod?

It leads to conflicts and errors when used with CLS.

Probably makes more sense to leave this out, no?

Edited by AtomicRocketBooster
Fixing dll name

48 minutes ago, AtomicRocketBooster said:

So I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere in the thread, but why do we have the ConnectedLivingSpace .dll bundled in with this mod?

I think it is because this mod adds CLS functionality, try uninstalling CLS and using only ship manifest

5 hours ago, AtomicRocketBooster said:

So I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere in the thread, but why do we have the ConnectedLivingSpace .dll bundled in with this mod?

Is the ConnectedLivingSpace .dll bundled in the release? It should not be.  Which release are you referring to?

ShipManifest is designed to run standalone, so there should not be a ConnectedLivingSpace .dll in the Ship Manifest mod folder.  I will review and verify this is true.  the CLSInterface.dll is a soft interface to Connected Living Space, and will not cause a conflict.  It should have no impact on the installation with our without CLS installed.

Edited by Papa_Joe

11 minutes ago, Papa_Joe said:

I've checked my most recent release and indeed, there is no ConnectedLivingSpace.dll in it.  @AtomicRocketBooster, please let me know which release you are using, or if your issues are related to CLSInterface.dll.

the path file is ShipManifest-6.0.3.0>GameData>ShipManifest>Plugins>CLSInterfaces.dll using the latest release on Github.

Edit: Duplicate DLLs will pop up an alert during loading and ask you to quit and delete the duplicate copy.

The duplicate DLL issue is why @linuxgurugamer maintains Zero MiniAVC I believe.

Edited by LudificorPayne
Fixed mistakes, clarification

21 minutes ago, LudificorPayne said:

the path file is ShipManifest-6.0.3.0>GameData>ShipManifest>Plugins>CLSInterfaces.dll using the latest release on Github

Is that file causing a conflict?  I will test with my recompiled version of Connected Living Space and the last release.  If there is a conflict, I will resolve it.

Update:  I'm seeing a clean log file with my test environment, with only module manager, MechJeb2, Ship Manifest and ConnectedLivingSpace.  all are working in flight, CLS is working in the VAB, no errors are being generated.  The log shows that both the CLS Mod version of CLSInterfaces.dll, and the SM mod version of CLSInterfaces.dll loaded.  no conflicts.  Let me know with a log if you are getting something different.

Edited by Papa_Joe

37 minutes ago, Papa_Joe said:

Is that file causing a conflict?  I will test with my recompiled version of Connected Living Space and the last release.  If there is a conflict, I will resolve it.

Here's the popup from Zero MiniAVC . I'm going to proceed through the loading if able and check the log.

Spoiler

<ylk6Z6f.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.