Papa_Joe

[1.4.1] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 5.2.1.0 - 17 Mar 18

Just now, micha said:

No real changes (as yet) - just updated project files (dotnet4.5) and recompile. So trying to figure out best way to release without stepping on any toes.

So not sure how making PRs would help the (CKAN) users here..

Two choices:

1. You can fork it and have your version a different name, and then have that added to CKAN, with a conflict statement of the original
  2. You can ask that CKAN be updated to point to your fork as the current maintainer,

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

Two choices:

1. You can fork it and have your version a different name, and then have that added to CKAN, with a conflict statement of the original
  2. You can ask that CKAN be updated to point to your fork as the current maintainer,

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/issues/7742  :)

(Great minds and all that..?)

Edited by micha

7 hours ago, micha said:

No real changes (as yet) - just updated project files (dotnet4.5) and recompile. So trying to figure out best way to release without stepping on any toes.

So not sure how making PRs would help the (CKAN) users here..

okay - so you've sent forum messages, RL email messages and have posted in the relevant threads your intention to 'adopt' this mod. I am presuming you are wanting to continue or adopt this mod.

you have waited a reasonable time for a reply.

you have verified the license allows adoption.

the moderators have seen this.

CKAN administrators have seen this.

So publish a release, post a new thread, link new thread in old thread. recognize author, source, license in all things; publish on spacedock/curseforge. push to ckan either through spacedock or manually.

The PR to original is just courtesy. don't have to do it, and maybe shouldn't do it until @Papa_Joe comes back so can just do one - providing he wants to take it back.

Did I miss anything @linuxgurugamer? @HebaruSan?

Edited by zer0Kerbal

The one thing I would add is, once your fork is up, posted, and properly licensed, post an intro to your fork and a link to the new forum thread as the last post to this thread and ask the mods if they would temporary lock this thread pending the return of @Papa_Joe. That way, newcomers and people who disappear from KSP for a year and return would know what's going on. :)

Thank you @micha for both choosing to update this very useful mod and for doing it in a way that respects the previous author. Papa_Joe helped to create and maintain some terrific mods, and I hope that whatever has delayed his return wasn't anything dire. Squad made a good game / sim with KSP, but its community of talented modders (like LGG and that Zed'k person :P) are what make it great!

I'm looking forward to the newly updated and freshly forked mod!

Posted (edited)

So it's taken a bit longer since I discovered this mod has a (soft) dependency on ShipManifest ConnectedLivingSpaces, which is also maintained by @Papa_Joe!  So I've gone ahead and taken that on as well...

I've finally made a new thread as well as an initial release. Please see the new SM thread here:

@MODS: Please lock this thread to further comments.

Edited by micha