Did Jeb spike Bob's coffee?

ArmchairGravy

Time warp was not active. He screamed all the way into orbit, but then started smiling and dancing during the lull to the burn-out point. He was smiling and dancing while in orbit, in the dark, and blasting toward Minmus. I had to revert the mission due to a design flaw, and he did the same things again. Very un-Bob-like behavior. He did start screaming again after coming out of time warp when it was orbital insertion time. Maybe the booze had worn off by that point. :D

All Kerbals enjoy feeling weightless. That wait for the circ burn is all zero-g, so he was probably stoked about that.

Usually other factors like velocity and spin contribute to terrify that grin off their faces, but Bob is slower to catch on than the others, so conditions were probably just right to put a smile on his face, for a while. :)

Cheers

All Kerbals enjoy feeling weightless. That wait for the circ burn is all zero-g, so he was probably stoked about that.

Usually other factors like velocity and spin contribute to terrify that grin off their faces, but Bob is slower to catch on than the others, so conditions were probably just right to put a smile on his face, for a while. :)

Cheers

Isn't that linked to the Stupidity meter? If so, wouldn't it be Bill who's slower to catch up, given his higher Stupidity rating than Bob?

Speaking about Bill, I also noticed he's happier than normal.

I have had a lot of explosions, mostly because of using solid boosters without enough reaction wheels and the like, but I have yet to get a "scared" face out of Bill. I will look at the reactions of the other Kerbals.

If you look at the Scott Manley videos where he builds his Eve base, there is a shot of the inside of the hitchhiker in orbit around Eve. All the Kerbals except Jeb seem to be worried or screaming. Until this update, that was a perfectly normal hitch-hiker capsule. The Kerbals only seemed to relax after landing on other planets or moons. Has everyone else noticed this in the previous versions?

I'm thinking Jeb must have put happy juice in the company watercooler again...

(Harvester?) described Jeb's trait as a "genetic anomaly found in certain members of the Kerbal population". It looks like Jeb either found a way to force the gene activate, or he found a way to modify other Kerbal's genetic code, which would probably be using the substance the Kraken fell into. :cool:

Isn't that linked to the Stupidity meter? If so, wouldn't it be Bill who's slower to catch up, given his higher Stupidity rating than Bob?

Speaking about Bill, I also noticed he's happier than normal.

I think the "stupidity" stat is mislabeled, and Bob is not particularly bright. In 0.22 he screamed ALL THE TIME, while Bill, with a higher "stupidity" bar, looked worried when the ship's periapsis went underground but was otherwise pretty much fine. This suggests that reasonable piloting and rocket design gets you a very low score on the application tests ("LESS boosters? You moron!"). Bill, I think, originally applied to become a rocket engineer, but his safety- and practicality-oriented designs got him a low intelligence score on the test, low enough to become one of the Program's eternally-regenerating invincible cannon fodder, the Orange Suits.

Edited by zxczxczbfg

I noticed he was screaming less as well.

Agreed on the hitchiker capsules with regards to them being a can o' screaming kerbals. I renamed it "horror box". It made me feel so bad I'm hesitant to use them. I mean, how would you feel about being trapped in a small space like that with three people who are out of their gourds with howling terror for 100+ days?

Nightmare fodder.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.