Spaceplane Pilot Challenge (revised)

Attention all pilots! The KSC is looking for up and coming pilots who can get the most space going value out of Cargo SSTOs... The main focus will be on efficient passenger transfers and large cargo deliveries of about 36 tons.

Your mission is to send an SSTO spaceplane to approximately 100kmx100km Orbit (AP must be at or above 100km, PE within 5km of AP) around Kerbin in the most fuel efficient way you can muster.

Rules:

1. You must get at least 2880 liquid fuel and 3520 Units of oxidizer into orbit in a deliverable container - one orange tank worth.
  2. Spaceplane should be below 400 parts
  3. Space plane should not lose any parts along the way except for delivering payload (in accordance to the scoring below)
  4. Do not use cheat like items like hacking gravity, inf fuel, hacking parts... etc

Scoring:

1. One point will be awarded for every usable unit of liquid fuel in 100kmx100km orbit; above the required fuel (2880 units) to be countable as points, the liquid fuel must be accompanied by oxidizer of proper ratio.

2. You can be awarded bonus points if you demonstrate a decent use for the remaining fuel:

• 50 points for delivering full fuel tanks to orbital station (detachable fuel tanks of at least the required fuel, ie orange tank, etc)
  • 75 points, each, for orbiting any other celestial body (must be fully captured in orbit around claimed body)
  • 100 points for safe return of each Kerbal to Kerbin's surface - you may launch with an empty cockpit and pick up a passenger along the way if you desire (no spamming seats for extra bonuses)
  • 100 points for 100% safe landing on Kerbin - no lost parts
  • 100 points for versatility of your craft - what else can it haul - can be proved over a number of missions
  • 250 points for reaching SOI of a planet other than Kerbin
  • 300 points for full orbit capture around a planet other than Kerbin
  • up to 500 points for entertaining 'shenanigans' along the way - to be determined by my grading of your entertainment factor.

Show enough screenshots to backup your claims

My entry: Is the 'Space Pterodactyl'

Download the craft file here.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

381 parts

delivered to 100kmx97km with

Oxidizer= 4556

Liquid Fuel = 3741

Oxidizer x .82(rounded) = 3735 - lesser of this number or liquid fuel will be your points minus the required 2880 so that makes it 855

855 fuel points

50 station fuel delivery

100 versatility

200 for 2 kerbals return to Kerbin

I wont be super strict, so have fun

Stock Leader Board:

1. Tobmaster - 1205

Modded Leader Board:

Edited by Tobmaster

Any popular mods are allowed for the modded leaderboard.

I see 10505 points from fuel remaining in the pictures posted

It was hauling 3 orange tanks to a 100km orbit to refuel my low orbit space station.

That is an older picture, I have since updated the craft it now has VTOL abilities, and a longer cargo bay. I may attempt this challenge later but right now I am currently working on fixing everything that .23 broke.

Edited by Hodo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.