[0.25] Simple Part Organizer v1.2.1

Felbourn

Quick update:

I found the bug where my settings were not always saved properly. Fixed.

I looked into adding AppMod buttons. So far so good. I have no idea what to do for art, so I can't make suggestions to folks like Justin and Somnalongnamethatmeanssleepwalker. I hope you know what to do without my help on that! I noticed a couple other mods using 32x32 PNGs. I'll make some of those with MS Paint unless I receive gifts from an artist reading this. I was thinking of adding AppMod buttons, Toolbar buttons, AND also leaving it the way it is for existing users (configurable with an option).

I also figured out how to prevent click-through, so my dev build is no longer picking up pieces of my rocket under menus when I change mod filters. That bugged the crap out of me for so long.

Also adding an option to enable debugging mode without a separate debug build.

Another plan for the weekend is fixing the Module filter to show ANY part that includes an included filter, instead of "only if all the filters on the part are all active at the same time." In other words, an OR filter instead of an AND filter. When no filters are selected it will show parts with no modules, but as soon as a module is selected, parts with no modules will filter off. That's an exception to the AND filtering. It's just that this is how I tended to want to use it, but it never did what I wanted.

For the buttons, I'm thinking I'd like the Toolbar implementation to have separate buttons for all filters, especially since I only ever seem to want to access the Mod filter, and Wet Mass sorting.

Glad to hear for the fixes, it makes your plug-in even more greater than it is already.

Have you also include the "space(s) in name" fix ? (posted by one users on this tread a while ago).

Your art is... functional :).

The bad thing is if every author use his/her own style, app buttons will look very messy and ugly (imagine the mix of 8 bits graphics style, stock icon, etc).

I'll try to get something good using stock style as base (like the message icon on your screenshot)

I made this one (all credit goes to Gimp stock scripts :) ):

RjCWFRP.png

(no need for the vertical "bar"/separator as it seems to be automatically added)

I may be better with the 50/50 colour split like stock.

EDIT: added another one ready to use

2sHMLFG.png

De1jA49.png

(I use stock button as background, but with such small size, it looks like it doesn't really matter)

Edited by Justin Kerbice
filter button added

@Justin, I gave your buttons a try and I can't figure it out... it's purple. I used your idea of white on gray and it shows up fine. I'm stumped for the moment.

3bECmiZ.png

I am not aware of a "spaces in names" bug. I have, and use, every mod under the sun and none of my mods cause any issues for me. There was a reported problem by someone that I never reproduced. I don't recall if that was a space in names bug.

@Justin, I gave your buttons a try and I can't figure it out... it's purple. I used your idea of white on gray and it shows up fine. I'm stumped for the moment.

http://i.imgur.com/3bECmiZ.png

I am not aware of a "spaces in names" bug. I have, and use, every mod under the sun and none of my mods cause any issues for me. There was a reported problem by someone that I never reproduced. I don't recall if that was a space in names bug.

Which one did you tried ? Which KSP version ?

Check the log, you may see some "can't load..." messages.

The two small are for stock applauncher (38x38 or 36x36), toolbar needs smaller sizes I guess.

Feel free also to name them as you wish, as long as it makes KSP/unity and toolbar happy (I know names are not free to choose due to space or other chars issues).

The mod shows the issue is DoPToOT aerospace, folder name is "DoPToOT_Aerospace_pre-release", but mod appears as "The" in the buttons list.

You can also try to copy some part (be aware you would have to change the name in config file to avoid conflicts) in random folder names (space, underscore, etc maybe all valid chars for path, even some UTF-8 characters for example)

Got pretty far last weekend. Never got a chance to package it up for any play testing (@Justin). I'm trying to decide what to do about menu positioning. I can make it locked like it was, or allow it to move to the toolbar/mouse location, but then I'd need to add window bounds logic. I feel like that's the right thing to do though. My inner game developer is winning out over my desire to just get a version out and be done.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello Bob,

Just because the changelog file in the download doesn't say "recompiled for 0.25", doesn't mean it is not working with 0.25

Is that right?

Love your videos, keep up the good work!

It works in 0.25 as is. I also have a new version I have been using for two weeks at home that is compiled for 0.25 that I will upload when I can finish two new features. But... You know how it goes... Odyssey takes a lot of time to make, and now I have AMAs, history RSS, and a Career pilot episode example to make. ;) I'll do what I can, but the version you have now works in 0.25 already, yes.

• 1 month later...
This with bells on

Ok, I'll update to my latest code too. I've actually been using a personalized "better" version for a while. I had not released it since I was not sure this mod would still be needed. I guess it's needed.

I recompiled this for 0.90 today and that's not enough. It's only showing a NASA filter, no Squad filter, no size filters, and only one module filter for "Asteroid" while none of them actually DO anything when used. This will be a lot harder than just recompiling.

I recompiled this for 0.90 today and that's not enough. It's only showing a NASA filter, no Squad filter, no size filters, and only one module filter for "Asteroid" while none of them actually DO anything when used. This will be a lot harder than just recompiling.

They rewrote the entire editor scene and, as per usual, documentation on the backend code is somewhat lacking.

Don't kill yourself over it, just keep us updated with how its coming.

I'm seeing if Project Alexandria can be upgraded to 0.90 and if I do that then I may need to update SPO as well. If I have to stay behind on 0.25 for both projects, there's a good chance this won't see progress for a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't upgrade to 0.90 because my current projects just won't support that, and without being on 0.980 I have no way to do meaningful development and testing. I'd welcome another programmer who IS on 0.90 taking a shot at this fix. I won't get to it any time soon, I don't think.

Hi Felbourn,

could you please upload your latest version to github?

I will try to make this nice plugin compatible with 0.90

Edit: Already pushed a somewhat working version for 0.90 to my fork. Filters are working, but the sort feature isn't, yet.

Grettings,

Postremus

Edited by Postremus

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.