[0.25] Simple Part Organizer v1.2.1

Felbourn

confirming that in 0.23.5.464 the mod is not working at all. If anyone has it running, please help.

When you have a mod bug to report, please attach the KSP log, or copy-paste any lines from the log that indicate the exception being received. They will appear with [ERR] at the start of the line.

I can get the first couple menus to pop up, the sort and filter menus, but nothing beyond there (cannot go into mods or modules, or any of the sort options.) Is there anything I can do to find debug information that may help?

It is the same for me. first menu ok but nothing beyond that.

Silly me, I don't exactly know how to give you what you request but here is a print screen of the debug and a full ksp.log. "hope it helps".

http://we.tl/6YOXyYpKqi

Not excited about this part of your link:

Terms and Conditions

To continue, you must agree to the WeTransfer Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Cookies

WeTransfer uses cookies for functional and analytical purposes. Please read our Cookie Policy for more information.

Not excited about this part of your link:

Terms and Conditions

To continue, you must agree to the WeTransfer Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Cookies

WeTransfer uses cookies for functional and analytical purposes. Please read our Cookie Policy for more information.

For Jeb's sake... Send me a PM of how you would like me to package, mail, ship or otherwise transfer my buggy mess of a mod to your heart's content and I will comply.

What's wrong with http://pastebin.com/ for the log and http://imgur.com/ for your printscreen? Just a suggestion :P

I had no idea that a standard method of transfer had been agreed upon. I didn't see anything in the forum rules to that respect. Was it done in top secret? Was it done before my time here? Who knows? or where is it posted? or who can teach me the secret handshake?. All I know is that to get the job done and fast, I could rely on a service I use every day at the office.

I am sorry if cookies offend people. Its not my intent to offend or to put spy trash on other peoples computers or even less to complain. I am not here for that. I just would like some help with this great mod that can un-clutter my KSP. Currently its not working for me and some other fellow players and supporters. I would like to see it work for all just the same as the developer and other fellow users or supporters. That is my goal.

Regards and best wishes to all.

As far as I can see there is nothing interesting about SPO in my log, and no errors. Log taken after loading save, getting to VAB and pushing few filters buttons.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2844497/KSP.log (hope dropbox is ok, putting 1,5 mb of text on pastebin seemed bit excessive)

What's interesting about the log is it stops. There should be a lot more. Maybe you didn't get it copied, OR maybe that's a clue to the problem. It stopped while reading B9 Aerospace, so I can try running SPO with a B9 installation. I'll do that if you could check to make sure there was no more log and it really does end right there.

I had no idea that a standard method of transfer had been agreed upon. I didn't see anything in the forum rules to that respect. Was it done in top secret? Was it done before my time here? Who knows? or where is it posted? or who can teach me the secret handshake?. All I know is that to get the job done and fast, I could rely on a service I use every day at the office.

I am sorry if cookies offend people. Its not my intent to offend or to put spy trash on other peoples computers or even less to complain. I am not here for that. I just would like some help with this great mod that can un-clutter my KSP. Currently its not working for me and some other fellow players and supporters. I would like to see it work for all just the same as the developer and other fellow users or supporters. That is my goal.

Regards and best wishes to all.

Don't worry about what others might suggest. There's no standard, and I am the new maintainer of the mod, so ignore anything else and let's just you and I work together on it.

Yesterday I had to clear Snap.Do off my computer as it had somehow installed itself. I am super cautious, and yet it got on anyway. So when I see "please click here to agree to these terms about how we might inject stuff into your computer" it creeps me out. For ME... I'd say any kind of dropbox or google drive link would be super easy, but really it's anything I don't need to "agree to terms" before I can see your files. The guy was right about the screenshot: imgur is really easy, but you could also just as easily put a JPG/PNG in dropbox so I don't see that it's required. Pastebin may not require terms agreements. I think I've visited that one before. You could try that if you don't have a dropbox (and on a side note if you don't have dropbox or google drive, they are friggin' awesome). We could start with just the log and forget the screenshot if it's easier since I bet if the log doesn't have it the screenshot won't either.

I had no idea that a standard method of transfer had been agreed upon.

Whoa, keep your shirt on. I was just passing by and then merely dropped a suggestion. There is no secret standard, lol. Those are just two widely used platforms for sharing stuff, that's all. Didn't mean to offend either. Fly safe.

Pastebin may not require terms agreements. I think I've visited that one before.

Pastebin is a very simple to use platform and an unofficial standard among Minecraft mod users to post crashlogs 'n stuff for troubleshooting. It's like the imgur for simple text. No signing up required.

Love your Youtube material btw.

Edited by Honeybadga

Alright, after many tests and loosing saved game (learnd to have backup long ago, no worries) I've got something more to report: there is a conflict between SPO and two mods: KAS and OpenResourceSystem (which serves as part of Interstellar). Both, installed simultaneously or separately with SPO disables it in way I discribed. I've tested with lastest versions of both.

Log from my last post was tuncated, sorry - complete log here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2844497/KSP1.log

Tests with buttons starts with [LOG 19:11:30.367]

[LOG 19:11:30.367] [bOB] click for IN_FILTER_WINDOW

[LOG 19:11:35.176] [bOB] click for IN_SORT_WINDOW

[LOG 19:11:35.359] [bOB] click for IN_SORT_WINDOW

[EXC 19:11:35.741] KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

[EXC 19:11:35.890] KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

[EXC 19:11:36.270] KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

[EXC 19:11:36.420] KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

[EXC 19:11:36.569] KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

[EXC 19:11:37.347] KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

[EXC 19:11:37.513] KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

[EXC 19:11:37.778] KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

[EXC 19:11:37.944] KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

[EXC 19:11:38.275] KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

[EXC 19:11:38.440] KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

[EXC 19:11:38.723] KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

[EXC 19:11:38.888] KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

[EXC 19:11:39.037] KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Edited by McOffsky

Don't worry about what others might suggest. There's no standard, and I am the new maintainer of the mod, so ignore anything else and let's just you and I work together on it.

Yesterday I had to clear Snap.Do off my computer as it had somehow installed itself. I am super cautious, and yet it got on anyway. So when I see "please click here to agree to these terms about how we might inject stuff into your computer" it creeps me out. For ME... I'd say any kind of dropbox or google drive link would be super easy, but really it's anything I don't need to "agree to terms" before I can see your files. The guy was right about the screenshot: imgur is really easy, but you could also just as easily put a JPG/PNG in dropbox so I don't see that it's required. Pastebin may not require terms agreements. I think I've visited that one before. You could try that if you don't have a dropbox (and on a side note if you don't have dropbox or google drive, they are friggin' awesome). We could start with just the log and forget the screenshot if it's easier since I bet if the log doesn't have it the screenshot won't either.

Thank you for your support and for the clarification.

I have tried dropbox and google drive before. I moved away from apps like that who install themselves on to my PC and leave a 24/7 backdoor with drive access. That is why I use the other service. I can monitor what comes in/out and the cookies I wipe when the browser closes. "Just making sure the NSA works off my tax dollars". I guess when it comes down to the truth it is difficult to trust any of the services available for one reason or another. I will investigate pastebin and imgur to see what the requirements are.

Hope to get that log into your hands soon.

Regards

Thank you for your support and for the clarification.

I have tried dropbox and google drive before. I moved away from apps like that who install themselves on to my PC and leave a 24/7 backdoor with drive access. That is why I use the other service. I can monitor what comes in/out and the cookies I wipe when the browser closes. "Just making sure the NSA works off my tax dollars". I guess when it comes down to the truth it is difficult to trust any of the services available for one reason or another. I will investigate pastebin and imgur to see what the requirements are.

Hope to get that log into your hands soon.

Regards

I followed the pastebin link you had (but then deleted?) and it showed a similar issue as the other guy who's reporting a problem with KAS and OpenResource. Are you using those as well? I will try SPO with each and with both at once after work today.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.