Improved Autosave/Quicksave.

With the catastrophic loss of one of my Mun Programs, I've come to the realization that the current quick-save system is sort of silly. Since it's apparently easy to lose several hours worth of progress to simply pressing F9 at the wrong moment. This is especially bad in Career mode when you lose a gillion points of science in the process.

I would suggest a system wherein pressing Quickload (F9) either loads the most recent save overall (quick or auto), or gives the option to load between the two (last two most recent saves, just in case an autosave comes right before, say, a mun impact). Or at the VERY LEAST only allows a load as far back as the start of the currently active mission, thus reverting to the launchpad.

It would certainly save quite a bit of malcontent in dealing with botched quicksaves.

Both of these suggestion would make QUICKsave completly useless.

It randomly loading an autosave instead of the save I made myself would make it useless for obvious reasons, if I hit F9 I want it to go back to the point that I know I made the save, not a point where some random autosave was made.

And if you have a menu to select, it's not a quicksave anymore. It's a SLOW load

Do you people realize that ALL games with quicksaves work like this?

Both of these suggestion would make QUICKsave completly useless.

It randomly loading an autosave instead of the save I made myself would make it useless for obvious reasons, if I hit F9 I want it to go back to the point that I know I made the save, not a point where some random autosave was made.

And if you have a menu to select, it's not a quicksave anymore. It's a SLOW load

Do you people realize that ALL games with quicksaves work like this?

I said "add", OK? F9 is still a QUICK load.

What OP wanted is a way to load the autosave manually, apart from terminating the exe with Alt+F4 and restart the game

I said "add", OK? F9 is still a QUICK load.

What OP wanted is a way to load the autosave manually, apart from terminating the exe with Alt+F4 and restart the game

Than he picked a funny way to say it:

I would suggest a system wherein pressing Quickload (F9) either loads the most recent save overall (quick or auto)

It sais quite literaly 'pressing F9 [ ] loads the most recent save'

That's not manually picking autosave

• 2 weeks later...
proper save/load system like in any other game would be wonderfull... just lost a bunch of hours just because thought that quicksave wouldn't go that far..

Than what did you think? That it would load a magical quicksave file that you DID NOT MAKE?

That's a pritty stupid asumption you got there budy

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.