Right Clicking does not open object.

While I don't seem to have an insurmountable issue right-clicking on the command module or an EVAing Kerbal, the right-click feature seem gone on all other objects. In one of my earlier flights since .23, due to a staging issue I tried to deploy the chute by right-clicking, but I couldn't get the object's menu to open. Last night, I was flying a Rapier powered spaceplane, and after successfully transitioning from air-breathing to rocket and back. The staging showed I was out of fuel, but resources showed I still had a third of my fuel on-board and available for the stage. I couldn't right-click to open up my fuel tanks to diagnose where the fuel was, or even to transfer. I'm careful not to move the mouse when right-clicking, as I read on a post yesterday that the program could be thinking you're changing the viewpoint.

Edited by Darkeldar

I had some difficulties doing fuel transfers - had to right click two or three times to get things to respond. Might be a bug specific to fuel tanks?

I should be gaining more experience with this as I develop my latest craft, so maybe I can get a better understanding of how it's behaving.

=Smidge=

Hummm yeah i had the same problem.

I think its mostly due to my supper laggy comp.

I found with the new update that i now have to tap the right mouse button. As in not push it down and wait a moment and then release but just use a very rapid single tap.

I think its due to the new camera rotation.

You see if you can get the popup open it will now remain open when you use the right button to rotate the camera.

I doubt it has anything to do with the speed of the click but more to do with moving the mouse after you have pressed it down and before you have let it go.

This is why i blame it on my laggy comp as i think my mouse must remain completely still for one full game frame and at times on my computer that can take a while.

It would be good to have a controllable deadzone in the settings so you could change the number of pixels the mouse needs to move to trigger rotation mode but iv no clue where we would have to write that to get someones attention.

Id think its probably just a getting the hang of it thing and after a while you will be fine with it. I know im more than happy to be able to rotate now without loosing my selected part.

LOL it is very very frightening though on your 1st mission trying to get EVE science before you hit the atmosphere and get dragged of your craft.

• 2 weeks later...

Its not really a bug per se but just the way the game has been redesigned. Before, when you right clicked on something and then hold down right click and move the mouse it would remove the right click context - which was annoying if you wanted to transfer fuel from one end of a large station to another - you would need both tanks in view in order to do this.

Now the game has been designed so that if you right click and move the mouse to rotate your view it doesn't remove the context of anything that you right clicked on. So you can right click on a part, bring up the context menu, then right click and move the view round and then alt-right click on the next tank to show that tanks context menu in order to transfer fuel.

This also means that if you right click on a part and move the mouse (even just a single pixel) then it registers this as a view move and not a right click on a part.

Therefore, if you have a large number of parts or a lagging computer don't hold the mouse in your hand but leave it on the desk and just lightly tap the right mouse button a couple of times while over the part - once you realise why its doing what its doing then you can eventually right click without any problems.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.