How to change config files on the new crew lab.

I would like to know what I would have to change in the config file for the new crew lab to make it give me full recovery science back for using it, Because currently imo it's a little underpowered, and most of this thread agrees.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/62336-23-Just-not-getting-the-progression-path-for-science-labs

I would think it's possible, but I'm not sure

Edited by Tremzack

Here it is!

browse to your \Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Squad\Parts\Science\LargeCrewedLa b folder.

Open the part.cfg file

Change this entry:

dataTransmissionBoost = 1.5

to

dataTransmissionBoost = 10.0

This will allow it to process science at the full point value that it would on a return to KSP!

• 1 month later...

Maybe a good alternative is to go to command pod's config file, and copy the following line over from the Large Mobile Lab config in it's respective place:

allowRepeatedSubjects = True

which will allow taking all the experiment results from the mobile lab (even of doubled types) to a pod and delivering back via a capsule in one go.

This makes more sense to me as the science gets collected, Lab cleans the instruments and 'distills' it into scientific material (let's imagine these are pages of reports AND selected samples attached) to be send back physically and not just radioed back.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.