BioMass Ongoing Development

Roboto

so speaking of the 2 versions.... I have been using the + version... is this not the most up to date? or is that still in development and this is why my fuel reactors never seem to make fuel?

As far as I'm aware the Github version should be working, but has a few issues with things like seeds and requires more parts. The spaceport version is easier to use, has fewer parts, but doesn't adhere strictly to science.

ok that is what I was thinking, and thus the reason I was using the + version. as the reason for using this mod in the first place was to supplement TAC in my "realistic" career mode games.

idid just wipe KSP from my system and reinstall everything from scratch... I am hoping if there was some konflikt with other mods that this will resolve that. as I still have yet to get the system to produce fuel.

so speaking of the 2 versions.... I have been using the + version... is this not the most up to date? or is that still in development and this is why my fuel reactors never seem to make fuel?

I've been very busy, but can weigh in here.

What fuel are you trying to make? Liquid Fuel? Oxidizer? Monopropellant?

-STH

Edited by seanth

I've been very busy, but can weigh in here.

What fuel are you trying to make? Liquid Fuel? Oxidizer? Monopropellant?

-STH

I am trying to make all 3 of them. I am not sure on the monopropellant yet, but specifically I have yet to get it to make liquid fuel.

if you have a small craft file that is using only your parts from the + pack and stock KSP parts please upload it so I can download and try it on my system. I am convinced it is a problem on my system specifically and not the mod, as many people seem to have had success in making it work.

I have something similar - I seem to be having problems in 23.5 with the greenhouses, in full sunlight they report 0 efficiency (they also seem to have 2 efficiency values in the tooltip) and no matter what I do they do not seem to be producing any of their relevant resources

Hi,

I'm looking for the repository of the kerbalspaceprogram.com downloadable BioMass (http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/renewable-bio-fuel-modules/) Plugin.

The one I found (https://github.com/VigilanteInc/BioMass) seems different because it of the MMI_Kethane.dll and the different Parts like: CryogenicAirSeperator, KoylantMaker, ...

Thx

Hi,

I'm looking for the repository of the kerbalspaceprogram.com downloadable BioMass (http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/renewable-bio-fuel-modules/) Plugin.

The one I found (https://github.com/VigilanteInc/BioMass) seems different because it of the MMI_Kethane.dll and the different Parts like: CryogenicAirSeperator, KoylantMaker, ...

Thx

They are very different. The git version is more science. It's also getting fewer updates. *glares at creators*

Ok giving up on the + version for now. I am going to install the basic version to see if I can get it to work.

is it possible to have both installed at the same time, or will they conflict? and if they do conflict, you may want to make it so they do not, so it is possible to have both installed.

Am I missing something, I cant seem to see anything in the parts cfg's that have anything to to with "water"... Sorry if I'm wrong, but needing food but not water, to do all of these wonderful things, is a serious mystery??? None of the Green houses require water, and as far as I cans see, the Kerbals don't either? This is a serious wtf moment for me here guys.

Just threw the mod in a backup 0.23 and that is a bit disappointing. As soon as food, oxygen, water, waist water and some greenhouse stuff is finally agreed upon, I will be a number one supporter of a life mod, but Tac doesn't have the whole greenhouse deal. Come one guys, please put the water back in, without it, it just seems like to much of a leap. I mean why just need Oxygen and Co2??? or Food but not water???

Great mod and appreciate the time you guys take to make my KSP exp that much better.

Dren from Oregon

Hi,

The one I found (https://github.com/VigilanteInc/BioMass) seems different ...

They are very different. The git version is more science. It's also getting fewer updates. *glares at creators*

Ok, so is there a (git, svn,.. ) repository of the not "+" version too?

HI,

Updated? No Water? Water is needed as an input I would imagine; and a byproduct of condensation; these figures can be altered in the configs I think; I have yet to really play with these things - I ran tests earlier just to see they wouldnt break the game; I have alot of science to catch up with in my real missions I am finally playing the game and not troubleshooting...

cdr zeta

Hi all. I've been very busy with work related things, but am back on the case.

In order for the BioMass+ version to move forward in a meaningful way, we need to have a better generator module than the one in the Kethane mod we rely on. This, of course, means there will have to be some monkeying with code.

How do I get waste water?

We tried to make the descriptions of the parts actually describe what the inputs and outputs are. I'm sure that if you read the descriptions of the parts, you will discover one that tells you it will produce waste water ;)

If, after reading the descriptions you still have problems, ask again.

We tried to make the descriptions of the parts actually describe what the inputs and outputs are. I'm sure that if you read the descriptions of the parts, you will discover one that tells you it will produce waste water ;)

If, after reading the descriptions you still have problems, ask again.

None of the descriptions mention waste water, unless there's one not in the science, other than the 2 glass houses.

None of the descriptions mention waste water, unless there's one not in the science, other than the 2 glass houses.

"Regardless of how tidy you are, there's always a little something that you need to store, but you'd rather not. This is doubly true in space when you are dealing with biological waste. The microbiome provides a suitable environment to cultivate Mystery Gooâ„¢, which happily decomposes biowaste, generating hydrogen and carbon dioxide in the presence of oxygen, or generates kethane under anaerobic conditions. One can also add water to the device to generate waste water...if you're into that sort of thing."

"Regardless of how tidy you are, there's always a little something that you need to store, but you'd rather not. This is doubly true in space when you are dealing with biological waste. The microbiome provides a suitable environment to cultivate Mystery Gooâ„¢, which happily decomposes biowaste, generating hydrogen and carbon dioxide in the presence of oxygen, or generates kethane under anaerobic conditions. One can also add water to the device to generate waste water...if you're into that sort of thing."

I'm either using a newer or older version if its the microbiome it says "Essentially nothing more than a space faring petri-dish the micro-biome provides a suitable environment to cultivate mystery goo TM on large scales. With in the module, Mystery Goo happily dine on any available waste products to produce nutrients, reactants and other resources."

But I'll believe you. The side bar also says it produces water, but doesn't mention waste/water

I'm either using a newer or older version if its the microbiome it says "Essentially nothing more than a space faring petri-dish the micro-biome provides a suitable environment to cultivate mystery goo TM on large scales. With in the module, Mystery Goo happily dine on any available waste products to produce nutrients, reactants and other resources."

But I'll believe you. The side bar also says it produces water, but doesn't mention waste/water

Hmmm. <confused face> That looks like it's the spaceport version, not the science+ version. Roboto, can you confirm this?

I misunderstood the version you were using maybe. If you are after the science+ version, I'd dl anew from github just to be sure.

Roboto and I are working to finally merge these two branches into one unified mod to end confusion like this. Don't worry, though: if you like the spaceport version more than the science+ version, you'll be able to continue playing like you have been. Imagine "Classic", "Easy", "Normal" and "Realistic" settings.

Hmmm. <confused face> That looks like it's the spaceport version, not the science+ version. Roboto, can you confirm this?

I misunderstood the version you were using maybe. If you are after the science+ version, I'd dl anew from github just to be sure.

Roboto and I are working to finally merge these two branches into one unified mod to end confusion like this. Don't worry, though: if you like the spaceport version more than the science+ version, you'll be able to continue playing like you have been. Imagine "Classic", "Easy", "Normal" and "Realistic" settings.

Yeah I was using the port version is science+ similar, right now or will I have to relearn everything?

Edited by locustgate

Does anyone have a science+ for dummy?

Well, I could work on one. I'm so close to Biomass and the topic in general (I'm a plant biologist) that I am not sure what level of detail you're interested in.

If you're willing to pick one part they are confused by, I can start writing a guide for that part. Once done, we can pick another part, etc.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.