Why would aliens invade earth?

The irony is aliens have been on this planet living amongst you for a very long time.

evidence ? and please real evidence, not some inane youtube video

Either they eliminate us or risk us eliminating them.

Did you already kill everything live in your vicinity, or are you just talking the talk ?

Edited by MBobrik

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skyline_(film)

This is probably one of the worst movies ever made. I'm disappointed by how highly it was rated in that Wikipedia article. It does however have a relevant premise:

The alien weapons are automated, probably a relic from some earlier war, they saw a civilisation and killed on site.

I´d say they would come here for extermination, since god knows what some new species might bcome.

Once youbuilt a dyson Sphere, there isn´t much you can´t do. But you definitely don´t want some upstart neighbor to have a friendly knock at the door with a swarm of relativistic or antimatter weapons.

If however the fictional scenario of Warhammer 40000 is indeed real.... http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Dark_Eldar and these guys exist.... well then we´re really ****ed. As a species.

evidence ? and please real evidence, not some inane youtube video

Did you already kill everything live your vicinity, or are you just talking the talk ?

Nothing live in my vicinity is worrying about species death. Nothing live in my vicinity is technologically advanced enough to accelerate an object to near-relativistic speeds, point it at Earth, and burn everything on the surface of the planet. Like I said I'm not xenophobic. If peaceful contact somehow happens I'd love it. I want it to happen. But I don't think it will.

Nothing live in my vicinity is technologically advanced enough to accelerate an object to near-relativistic speeds, point it at Earth, and burn everything on the surface of the planet.

Every animal bigger than a small dog can kill a human if it really gives all effort. And even a smaller animal can kill you if it is for example poisonous, lands a lucky hit on your carotid artery or a sting in your throat. And each and every organism can potentially evolve into something that drives your descendants to extinction. If you submit yourself to the logic "kill anything that can be potentially dangerous in the far future" then you have to kill literally everything.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.