When is it OK to use Hyperedit?

NASAFanboy

Do you ever use Hyperedit?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you ever use Hyperedit?

• Yes, but only for bugs and glitches
    • Hyperedit? Always.
    • I made Duna orbit Kerbin to make space travel easier

I've only ever used it once. I didn't actually have it, but I went and downloaded it specifically for this situation, and then uninstalled it afterwards.

I was sending a probe to land on Gilly, and then land on Eve.

I brought the orbit down to a reasonable looking level, but then realized that I couldn't warp past 1x (CURSE YOU TINY MOON!)

and I was quickly approaching the dark side of the moon, and didn't want to land in the dark.

So, I had to wait a LONG TIME for the probe to cross the back side of the moon at 1x time warp (I think it was something like 45 minutes to the node I put down)

So, naturally, I went to a different ship and time warped

well, the game treated my probe as debris under a certain altitude, and insta-deleted it.

I used Hyperedit to put it back in a much higher orbit around Gilly where I could time-warp, landed, and carried on my merry way to eve (where the probe tipped over on landing, of course)

Only to perfect Remotetech communications satellites so that I can save myself the time of micromanaging the orbits of the satellites over time. I fly the satellite as close as I can to where I want it to orbit and then hyperedit it into perfections.

I've only every used hyperedit for testing purposes, for example say I want to come up with a vessel design that can take off after landing on eve, which would be a massive ship on its own, let alone the parts to get it off kerbin and to eve.

another thing I've used it for is screenshots for mod releases just to save time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.