A change in how science works in relation to transmitting and returning.

Tedium is half the point of this game.

I thought the point of a game, any game, was to be fun and not tedious. Tedium is the opposite of fun.

I play games to have fun. I play games to get away from tedium. If I wanted tedium I would just do nothing.

That is why I use many mods that remove tedious, easy to do, repetitive stuff and add complex, challenging and fun stuff.

I thought the point of a game, any game, was to be fun and not tedious. Tedium is the opposite of fun.

I play games to have fun. I play games to get away from tedium. If I wanted tedium I would just do nothing.

That is why I use many mods that remove tedious, easy to do, repetitive stuff and add complex, challenging and fun stuff.

Why bother read anything else I wrote when you can whine about exactly the first sentence, I always say.

I spelled out pretty clearly that tedium is in the game by design, if you'd bothered to read more than eight words. Your mods are irrelevant because they're MODS, not an intentional part of the game. The stock game is tedious. Half the things that could be put in to reduce tedium (even something as simple as an orbital readout) is not implemented by design. Harvester thinks the entirety of the endgame content should just be people puttering around in rovers on completely uninteractable, featureless terrain on the same boring, dull planets and moons we've already puttered a rover over every inch of. Twice. That's it. That's literally all you have to look forward to. Resourcing was supposed to add some more to that, but resourcing got delayed and now got completely canceled. That's it. There is no endgame anymore. It's gone. The new point of the game is to just land a probe on a planet, push a science button nine or ten times, so you can unlock a thing that will make it easier to get to another planet and do the same thing. That's not tedium to you?

Of course, you'd know all this if, you know, you'd read my post.

Edited by Frostiken

I would love that to be implemented. (referring to op)

And @ Frostiken: You forgot about building huge bases and flying sstos powered by ion engines to eeloo. :P (Has anyone ever done that?)

Edited by pigletx2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.