The Grand Skyrim Discussion, Tips, Hints, and Stuff Thread!

Rainbowtrout

What do you think of Skyrim?  

1. 1. What do you think of Skyrim?

You can install some unofficial patches who fix most of known issues. i had a lot of problems with Skyrim, the worst was when I bought heartfire, the game was so messed up I could barely play a minute before crashing. then with Dragonborn, it's totally fixed, no more crashes. Notice too that if you are running too much mods your PC memory can be overwhelmed and game will crash (well, more or less like it happens with KSP), might happens too if you have not enough memory for the vanilla game.

When I check how many hundred hours this game monopolized... Oh, dear :confused:

I was spoiled by morrowind.

I tried to enjoy skyrim really hard but i was never able to overcome this.

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/the+draugr+are+training_53a82e_4706576.jpg

I still have it in my shelf and could try it again.

Is there any mod to remove the "leveling up makes you weaker thing"?

Edited by m1xte

C'mon leveling isn't that painful and you're not that weak, but all gameplay are not well balanced, for example the mage gameplay is REALLY hard at the beginning when facing some good HP pool mob when stealth bowman is so easy from the beginning to the end I had to scale up the difficulty to have a little bit of challenge (without cheaty mod). I was lvl5 or 6 when I met my first draugrs and it was a bad surprise... for them. Their boss tasted some arrows and my nasty two handed maul, it appears he didn't like at all.

For ppl who like magic, there are some mods like Midas magic who add some powerful spells (and some totally overcheated ones) with some nice visual FPSkillers effects.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll just leave this here.

s24gVHX.jpg

I've had the game since it came out on Xbox, I took advantage of a new computer and Steam Christmas sales to get Skyrim Legendary edition for PC. I've played all the DLCs and beat the game several times on console and now I'm stuck, I've beat the game so many times with Khajiits it's rediculous. Anyone got any good races to play as besides elves?

It is awesome, but it has been forever since I played.

1. I can say the graphics were completely overhyped, or at least for some reason I thought the graphics were total ultra awesome. However, with a good ENB and various graphics mods, you can make it look absolutely stunning! Mine has an ENB, static mesh improvement mod, tons of flora updates, and various small things that make it 100 times better looking.

2. The base gameplay is pretty simple, yet nice and fun, and I have yet to install any gameplay changing mods, which shows that the base gameplay is acceptable. NOTE: I think I am going to end up installing a few gameplay mods, I already have SkyUI

(I think you may be able to see the point I am making here, the game is sorta meh by itself, but the mods, oh my the mods)

3. One word. Modability. Oh my. The modability. It has insane amounts of mods, and a super easy way of making them.

4. A personal bias, I absolutely love open world games, so that gives the game a few points in my book.

To answer your questions, I have to answers, a and b

A. I like to be generally nice, but I will occasionally be kinda mean and steal stuff and go down more "questionable" paths, especially my new character, who will be talked about next letter.

B. I am currently playing as a female Kajhiit (Is that how you spell them?). I wanted to go for a more stealthy play this time. Surprising or not, I have not finished the game with any character yet, I decided to start anew a while back after installing a ton of mods.

PS. Sry for the wall o' text

Ahhh Skyrim. One of my favorite timesinks...

Yep. Really good visuals, for a game. Having played all of the Elder Scrolls (yes, right from the Arena, throughout), have to say this new piece is good enough. My favorite is still Morrowind though. It is all in the atmosphere. Morrowind had the best of that outlandish feel, yet so understandable from a humans point of view. That's the beauty: create something that captivates the user with the look, yet give said user a lot of stuff he can associate with and understand.

I vote for Morrowind : ) A retired Redoran general, at your service.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.