[Project] CryoParts Part Pack

Cryocasm

Welcome to my thread! Currently there are no parts for download :-X, but I promise to push them out as soon as I can.

Contents:

News Update

Previews

Released Parts

Change Log

othercrap/kerbal stuff/addendum

News Update: I am happy to announce that the Traveler 1 modeling according to my agenda is pretty much completed. Now its on to texturing + node placement + testing + uploading + receiving feedback, in that order.

Previous News:

-----------------------------

1/20/12

Update! The Traveler class is nearing completion! as of now, I have designed the Command Pod, SAS Module, Engines, and Fuselage (Fuel tank). I will release the parts non-textured for handling feedback, and until I finish up with the extra modules (Boosters+Attachment Fairings+Design Compliant ASAS, RCS, RCS Fuel and Parachute modules) the ship will have to do with the regular stock parts. One thing to note: the pack-included SAS is enough, don\'t add more.

-----------------------------

1/19/12

I am working on something one could consider 'non-Kerbal' but I assure you, even after Jebediah found the secret to low-fuel consumption + high thrust output he will be faced with some challenges. I am currently working on the Traveler I class interplanetary space ship. For our standards it is quite massive, but until we get a launch option where there isn\'t a tower, take off will be a bit difficult. The Traveler (once complete) will come with the Kerbin Orbit Launch Setup and the Mün Voyage Launch Setup.

Previews: Here is the Traveler I with Command Module, Engines, and SAS (the dish below the CM and above the Fuelselage. Close ups of parts include the ASAS/RCS Fuel Module (common model, looks like an observatory), RCS Thrusters, Attachment Node + Take Off Boosters.

259.png

8.png

9.png

10.png

Released Parts: NONE!!!!! ;P

Change Log: NONE!!!! :-[

Other/Kerbal/Addendum

Kerbal:

You can propose ideas etc, but if you want it to become a 50% reality (as I will do aesthetic modding if my Eyes do not enjoy it) please send me a link, for example (this is for a later ship in the future), the X3TC Tyr:

70668c1e86201sc.jpg

All images and modeling copyright their respective creators.

Oh well At least it\'s awesome that you\'re giving X3:Terran Conflict some love! 8)

Some of those ships designs are awesome in that game.

Dunno how well they will translate to a rocket game though. since most of em have been build in space.

Oh well At least it\'s awesome that you\'re giving X3:Terran Conflict some love! 8)

Some of those ships designs are awesome in that game.

Dunno how well they will translate to a rocket game though. since most of em have been build in space.

I love that game, and if you looked at the Traveler I, you would notice that it looks like a corrected Tokyo (with the fuselage in the center instead of taped onto a flying saucer). The only real challenge is getting off of Kerbin, but now that fuel doesn\'t play a game (after all, Jeb found the secret...) its just piloting a bit of cunning, hehe.

Honestly, don\'t make a thread if you have nothing to release...

Peculiar, are you trolling me? MASA parts pack doesn\'t have anything to release yet and I don\'t see you being such a standardized person in there.

What the hell is going on in your mind?

I do, but its a student copy.

I see I see, but whatever, its Collada format, and GSketch does that, I just need Blender to normalize and pick nodes, nothing else.

No I am not trolling you, sorry if I came off harsh, I guess I am too used to threads which have something I can download. :-[

Edit: Download and give feedback*

Edit2: you may have thought I was trolling, because all that this is text, people don\'t know if I am pounding on my keyboard or happily typing.

No I am not trolling you, sorry if I came off harsh, I guess I am too used to threads which have something I can download. :-[

Edit: Download and give feedback*

Edit2: you may have thought I was trolling, because all that this is text, people don\'t know if I am pounding on my keyboard or happily typing.

Well, seeing that I was a bit provoked yesterday, my response may have hit a bit too hard. But, I know what your saying, with text its hard to interpret the emotion behind the statement correctly. I do apologize if I seemed too hostile, and I have to agree, it is a bit off putting to have start ups in a section full of released parts etc.

Despite that, I hope that you are tracking the progress I am making via the screenies I post, one could say its not exponential, but I like working on Google Sketchup so..uh..yeah. I will make my own design-compliant boosters/rigs/ASAS etc because I don\'t want to just have the base ship done.

Well, seeing that I was a bit provoked yesterday, my response may have hit a bit too hard. But, I know what your saying, with text its hard to interpret the emotion behind the statement correctly. I do apologize if I seemed too hostile, and I have to agree, it is a bit off putting to have start ups in a section full of released parts etc.

Despite that, I hope that you are tracking the progress I am making via the screenies I post, one could say its not exponential, but I like working on Google Sketchup so..uh..yeah. I will make my own design-compliant boosters/rigs/ASAS etc because I don\'t want to just have the base ship done.

Yes i am tracking your progress, if you need help converting them to .obj since .dae does not seem to compile right with my version of 3ds max, i would be more then happy to help. Some crit i would give from those screenshots would be to remember to not go super high poly, not everybody has a godly computer rig.

Yes i am tracking your progress, if you need help converting them to .obj since .dae does not seem to compile right with my version of 3ds max, i would be more then happy to help. Some crit i would give from those screenshots would be to remember to not go super high poly, not everybody has a godly computer rig.

Well, the Intrepid Parts Pack which I love has very high detail level so I figured, if that runs fine on my computer, I could give myself some leeway on the Polygons. I\'m confident that the Command Module will have the most however, due to the fact that it has to be a bridge like thing.

Currently I can convert to .dae fine, I check models with Blender to UV Map and see that something always has to dispatch itself from the main module. The .dea form is the only one I can export to with GSketch...

Hurr, I\'m in a tincan this time, I guess that I may (after these parts are out) start to learn and try around with Blender, possibly Caligari trueSpace. My only real conflict with modeling programs other than Google Sketchup is because I haven\'t figured out how to work hands on with them and they have excessive amounts of animation software which I don\'t require at all.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.