Best Life Support Mod?

metroidman63

I went with TAC for the sole reason that I was duplicating the mod setup that Scott Manley is using for his Interstellar Quest video series. I've heard that it's the hardest of the bunch, but I haven't verified that, I just know that having life support consume electricity makes your early career mode flights very interesting. Assuming you don't have batteries and don't stack multiple capsules, a single mk1 capsule has just enough electricity for 20 minutes of life support, assuming you use your electricity for nothing else and don't have an engine with an alternator. Yes, that means suborbital flights until you unlock batteries. You can get credit for orbital flight, you just don't have the duration to do an actual orbit.

I go with TAC as well. Ioncross doesn't have a readout for non active flights which is essential if you're like me and you have up to 20 missions running at once. ECLSS also has a readout but I had some performance issues when I tried it, those are probably fixed by now though.

The issue with TAC is that the stock models are a bit ugly. But that's easily fixed with some user made models and creative use of other mods (Containers from zzz and spherical fuel tanks).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.