[v0.24] Tarsier Space Technology (v4.5c Now with GALAXIES!!!)

tobyb121

Please PM me your ksp.log, if I can't reproduce the fault I need the information in the logs to try and fix it

Hey Toby, I'm also having the same problem. I also get the bug on Kerbal bound rovers with the chemcam attached.

This thread here steamcommunity.com/app/220200/discussions/0/828936718643944476/ said there was a bug similar to the one we're having now. Had something to do with the old cleverbobcat.dll

Maybe that'll give you a place to start looking?

Thanks for the constant updates on this mod. It's really awesome and one of my favorite mods ever. I'd love it if one day, assuming you have time, you would consider expanding it with other space-based science experiments like these. http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/research/experiments_by_date.html

Like slews of heavy scientific equipment that require large amounts of time, energy and Kerbals to complete with relatively low science point returns. It'd make space station building more fun. Maybe better returns when orbiting other worlds. Sorry I'm starting to drool now. :kiss::confused::sticktongue::D

Without the ksp.log file there's very little I can do if I can't recreate the bug. I don't want to (and don't have time to) install a bunch of mods to test compatibility, but if there's problems I can find I will do everything I can to fix them.

The next feature I'd like to add is to have distant galaxies and nebulae for the telescope, but there's a few things I need to get my head around. I'm thinking also of making a space station science lab, which can be parked in orbit and then there will be contracts to deliver science equipment to it and maybe do repairs on it.

tobyb121 - Yep. Looking at your source in Onstart you are using vessel.onFlybywire. Seems that binds the callback to the current vessel. When the vessel splits off second craft (with the chemcam attached to it) the callback is not bound to the new vessel.

Without the ksp.log file there's very little I can do if I can't recreate the bug. I don't want to (and don't have time to) install a bunch of mods to test compatibility, but if there's problems I can find I will do everything I can to fix them.

The next feature I'd like to add is to have distant galaxies and nebulae for the telescope, but there's a few things I need to get my head around. I'm thinking also of making a space station science lab, which can be parked in orbit and then there will be contracts to deliver science equipment to it and maybe do repairs on it.

I'd love to see extrasolar objects to look at. You could maybe do something like making a certain point in the skybox have a science value when looking at it, or maybe a compatability with OvenProofMars' StarSystems mod?

So I ran a launch to recreate the ChemCam bug. Sure enough, bug appeared. This is a relevant section of the ksp.log

[LOG 11:06:14.572] FF: EventObserver:: checkArchivements for vessel state

[LOG 11:06:14.572] FF: EventObserver:: checkArchivements done

[LOG 11:06:15.543] FF: EventObserver:: checkArchivements for vessel state

[LOG 11:06:15.543] FF: EventObserver:: checkArchivements done

[LOG 11:06:16.996] [Progress Node Reached]: FirstLaunch

[LOG 11:06:16.997] [Progress Node Complete]: FirstLaunch

[LOG 11:06:18.096] [VesselSpawner]: New object found!

[LOG 11:06:21.494] FF: EventObserver:: checkArchivements for vessel state

[LOG 11:06:21.494] FF: EventObserver:: checkArchivements done

[LOG 11:06:27.460] FF: EventObserver:: checkArchivements for vessel state

[LOG 11:06:27.460] FF: EventObserver:: checkArchivements done

[LOG 11:06:33.478] FF: EventObserver:: checkArchivements for vessel state

[LOG 11:06:33.478] FF: EventObserver:: checkArchivements done

[LOG 11:06:38.294] FF: EventObserver:: checkArchivements for vessel state

[LOG 11:06:38.294] FF: EventObserver:: checkArchivements done

[LOG 11:06:42.327] FF: EventObserver:: checkArchivements for vessel state

[LOG 11:06:42.328] FF: EventObserver:: checkArchivements done

[LOG 11:06:45.894] FF: EventObserver:: checkArchivements for vessel state

[LOG 11:06:45.894] FF: EventObserver:: checkArchivements done

This is before the bug appeared, however, but all the rest is normal. Is the "new vessel found" the issue?

No, that's the entry for a new asteroid being spawned (or similar). That log section looks all fine, nothing thrown from TST, that's for sure. Also, the output_log.txt is more useful than the KSP.log.

With the risk of sounding completely uneducated...where do I find that?

where do I find that?

Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt OR KSP_win64\KSP_x64_DATA\output_log.txt (depending on which used)

Mac OSX: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log Aka Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log

Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

Upload that to Dropbox or pastebin or somewhere.

I think this mod is awesome, but this be just me but i cannot stabilize the telescope for the life of me. its fine when i look at the mun or minmus but if i look at another planet, i zoom in and lose the target, trying to center it. i've put my telescopes in geostationary orbit, any advice?

Just want to say I love this mod! Made a post about it trying it out today and once I got the hang of how to use it without too much wobble it was fun to be able to actually find and zoom in on each planet! Really impressed with the models for the telescopes too, keep it up!

Any update on the event listener (Chemcam) issue being bound to current vessel issue I raised? Happy to look into the code for a fix.

Hi, sorry I haven't given an update for a while, I had a quick look over the weekend and couldn't find an event to bind to that covers all situations but I reckon if the vessel change event is bound that should work, so I'll try and do that tonight or tomorrow

Changelog?

No changes made from the 4.4 BETA, just had to add a license with the new rules and decided the contracts stuff is generally working now so no need to leave it as a BETA, but I'll try an keep a more comprehensive changelog on the original post from now on.

Hi, with the last version (4.4) Do you fix the problems with the chemcam and the HDD? with the V3 my ships lose the control when they have a chemcap installed and the HDDs don't work in any case.

The telescopes are awesome ^^

Hi, with the last version (4.4) Do you fix the problems with the chemcam and the HDD? with the V3 my ships lose the control when they have a chemcap installed and the HDDs don't work in any case.

The telescopes are awesome ^^

The problems from V3 with chemcam and HDDs are fixed in v4.4, a couple of people have reported problems with chemcam but I haven't been able to recreate the bug and nobody's submitted a log yet so I can't really do anything about it, but I don't think it effects everyone.

The problems from V3 with chemcam and HDDs are fixed in v4.4, a couple of people have reported problems with chemcam but I haven't been able to recreate the bug and nobody's submitted a log yet so I can't really do anything about it, but I don't think it effects everyone.

HDD now work but when I fill it and send de datas, whith the big one, the capacity don't change to 0% It's normal?

i think that some how tarsier telescope is messing with contracts

i select 2 basic contracts (first flight and achive 5000m) the first one shows as complete the other one wont

please take a look at it or consider removing contracts from your DLL if you cant find a fix

this causes vessels not to be recovered bug

here is a small portion of the log and a link to full one

thx

[TST]: TSTTelescopeContract

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object

at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[RDTech] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[RDTech] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contracts.Templates.PartTest.Generate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contracts.Contract.Generate (System.Type contractType, ContractPrestige difficulty, Int32 seed, State state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContract (Int32 seed, ContractPrestige difficulty, System.Type contractType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContract (System.Int32& seed, ContractPrestige difficulty) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContracts (System.Int32& seed, ContractPrestige difficulty, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contracts.ContractSystem.RefreshContracts () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Contracts.ContractSystem+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v096c4hnaol7o2b/output_log.rar?dl=0

@dtoxic - I'm not sure this is a Tarsier problem, the code path that is shown in that stack trace is not TST, I don't use the PartTest template for my contracts.

Can you confirm that deleting the tarsier space tech dll actually resolves this problem?

@dtoxic - I'm not sure this is a Tarsier problem, the code path that is shown in that stack trace is not TST, I don't use the PartTest template for my contracts.

Can you confirm that deleting the tarsier space tech dll actually resolves this problem?

sorry i thought it was tarsier problem but it's not i tried running ksp without tarsier but the problem is still there

that would imply that stock ksp parts have some problems because i removed every PartTest module from *.cfg's from every mod

again sorry for the false alarm i don't know exactly how to interpret the output .log

sorry i thought it was tarsier problem but it's not i tried running ksp without tarsier but the problem is still there

that would imply that stock ksp parts have some problems because i removed every PartTest module from *.cfg's from every mod

again sorry for the false alarm i don't know exactly how to interpret the output .log

No worries, it's not like you could have known without having a pretty good knowledge of the source code :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.