[v0.24] Tarsier Space Technology (v4.5c Now with GALAXIES!!!)

tobyb121

Hi tobyb121, this mod is awesome! I also use Distant object Enhanced and Texture Replacer (last versions of both), so I have to remove glows from planets to see them (by now I haven't saw any galaxies or nebulas) doing it manually on .cfg file. Even removing glows I have some glitches. Is it related to TR or DOE? Are you planning some integration with these mods?

Great mod however! :D

Downloaded "patched" 0.4.5a version. 2 TarsierSpaceTech.dll files is normal?

GameData\TarsierSpaceTech.dll

GameData\TarsierSpaceTech\TarsierSpaceTech.dll

The debug console reports:

[Exception]: ArgumentException: Getting control 3's position in a group with only 3 controls when doing Repaint

Aborting

Leaving only GameData\TarsierSpaceTech.dll library - solved the problem.

Edited by Horus
UPD

Downloaded "patched" 0.4.5a version. 2 TarsierSpaceTech.dll files is normal?

GameData\TarsierSpaceTech.dll

GameData\TarsierSpaceTech\TarsierSpaceTech.dll

The debug console reports:

[Exception]: ArgumentException: Getting control 3's position in a group with only 3 controls when doing Repaint

Aborting

Leaving only GameData\TarsierSpaceTech.dll library - solved the problem.

Woops!!! Really sorry about this, I switched PC to my laptop and my build script was not quite configured right on it. Uploading the right build now.

Just downloaded this mod to try it out, cant use the chem cam, I get this:

Logs and persistence: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a4ue0hf3dmb3asl/AAD6T-jEiEocZ9eZX2DHQFFOa?dl=0

I've had a look through your log, not sure what could be causing this problem, the TST stuff seems to be loading but not the ChemCam for some reason, no real errors. I did notice a problem with TweakScale_ModularFuelTanks not loading properly, I would check that you've got the latest version for KSP 0.24. Could maybe be caused by the problem above, so try installing v4.5b when it's available

EDIT: Grrrr... Curse is being a pain and my file won't upload. I'll try again in the morning or else I'll upload to a different site

Edited by tobyb121

Just wondering how do the hard disks work? Do you transfer science experiments through EVA as with stock, and they are rejected if they're too large to fit? I'd love to use a couple 80 mit drives for my upcoming Jool mission instead of hauling a mobile lab all the way there and back.

It would be nice to add the ability to transfer data between hard drives, for example, the transfer of resources between the fuel tanks by pressing Alt + Right mouse button ...

And yet ... you can add data to the display of filling disks themselves? Instead of a single flashing green light, for example, 5 to make ... and they strip will be included as filling ... 1 light 20% - 50% 2 ​​lamps, etc ... or if so then at least difficult color to it me ... from an empty green to full red ... half the data for example is yellow.

cUlOBep.png

Edited by Nebula (ru)

How is the ChemCam supposed to work? I select open and it pops up and spins around. It doesn't do anything else and the only option it has to select then is close. I wiped and reinstalled the mod and tried a new ship with the same results. I'm probably missing something simple but don't know what it is :P

How is the ChemCam supposed to work? I select open and it pops up and spins around. It doesn't do anything else and the only option it has to select then is close. I wiped and reinstalled the mod and tried a new ship with the same results. I'm probably missing something simple but don't know what it is :P
When it opens a small window should appear which you can use to control the camera. If you aren't seeing that then you should send me a log.

Great mod but after a while since i have used it when im starting ksp it gets stuck with no crashing at the model for the small telescope and i can't seem to fix it i tried reinstalling and it didn't work i would delete it but i have ships active with stuff from the mod on them

Great mod but after a while since i have used it when im starting ksp it gets stuck with no crashing at the model for the small telescope and i can't seem to fix it i tried reinstalling and it didn't work i would delete it but i have ships active with stuff from the mod on them

Logs please

So, I recently updated Tarsier mod to the latest version, but for some reason I cannot see any nebula/galaxies. Also, when I click "Show Galaxies" a little weird cross box pops up. Here's a picture: http://i.imgur.com/U2psMkh.png

Please provide logs and a more detailed description, I can't help based on this level of information

Hello tobyb121,

it is a great mod and i would like help you improve it. I am having exactely the same problem as Mauzdar: when i click on the show galaxies button, only a cross appears at the exact same location as in Mauzdars screenshot.

http://i.imgur.com/U2psMkh.png

I am currently using Tarsier Space Tech 4.5b, but the problem already has existed since galaxies were first added in 4.5a. I am using KSP 0.24.2 and all mods listed at least as compatible with Realism Overhaul in RO thread:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/84689.

I am NOT using the actual Realism Overhaul mod.

Additionally i am using parts of the EVE 7-4 mod.

Regarding logs, i would like to provide you some, but i do not know what logs you need and where to find them. If you tell me that i ll get you the logs ASAP.

ChemCam does not retrieve Science (it does science , window pops up with the amount of science gathered when clicking on analyze data) but that amount of science is not added to total science after vessel retrieval

here are the logs

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sdfpnm39ziw2dmq/ChemCam.rar?dl=0

Had a look through the logs and nothing particularly stands out to me. I'll probably need to see if I can recreate it myself, but this is quite a busy couple of weeks for me at work, so it may be a bit slow.

@lk1990: I've replied to your PM

Had a look through the logs and nothing particularly stands out to me. I'll probably need to see if I can recreate it myself, but this is quite a busy couple of weeks for me at work, so it may be a bit slow.

ok no probs, just strap a cam onto something do science and retrieve i have put it on the box from Boxsat mod,looking into the science archives there is an entry for the chem cam that the science is done bot science gain remains at zero (particular Launch pad science i haven't tried anything else)

Logs please
As i've said i the game doesn't crash so it doesn't leave any crashlogs in the gamefolder (unless you are talking about something else) it just stays there and does nothing making me resort to ending the process to close the game

As i've said i the game doesn't crash so it doesn't leave any crashlogs in the gamefolder (unless you are talking about something else) it just stays there and does nothing making me resort to ending the process to close the game

KSP Folder (Where the ksp.exe is) this "KSP.log"

and

KSP Folder\KSP_Data\ this "output_log.txt"

zip them up upload them somewhere

ChemCam does not retrieve Science (it does science , window pops up with the amount of science gathered when clicking on analyze data) but that amount of science is not added to total science after vessel retrieval

here are the logs

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sdfpnm39ziw2dmq/ChemCam.rar?dl=0

This is indeed the case, I'll have to look into it. Transmitting the science does seem to keep its value, but recovered science just seems to disappear?!?! My "science storage" implementation is quite different from the stock KSP parts, and so this is most likely the cause of the problems. Hopefully it can be resolved :) It's on the top of my TODO list

I have two questions 1. Does the telescopes only work in career mode cause I couldn't make them work in sandbox. 2. Does this mean that Kerbpolis is a dead mod?

1. The telescope should work in sandbox, is there a particular feature that you were have trouble with? Either way some logs might be helpful.

2. Kerbopolis was/is a bit of an experiment, it's certainly something I want to continue but there are some complexities to procedural city generation that I hadn't considered when I started the project. In its current form generating realistic sized and detailed cities would melt your computer, but there are ways to make it work better.

This is indeed the case, I'll have to look into it. Transmitting the science does seem to keep its value, but recovered science just seems to disappear?!?! My "science storage" implementation is quite different from the stock KSP parts, and so this is most likely the cause of the problems. Hopefully it can be resolved :) It's on the top of my TODO list

cool been holding off to send chemCam rover to duna hope you get it fixed :)

... I'm gunna have to try this.

Does that camera rotate and stuff and can you use it like curiousity's camera?

Yes it rotates using I,J,K,L and then you fire it to collect science

cool been holding off to send chemCam rover to duna hope you get it fixed :)

As I say, if you're transmitting it shouldn't be a problem but for recovery it may be more complex.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.