[v0.24] Tarsier Space Technology (v4.5c Now with GALAXIES!!!)

tobyb121

I havent had a chance to get back to this yet due to testing, but I will look when I get some time. Is this a problem lots of people have?

Yes, I can confirm this problem. Indeed at some point list of galaxies is present (i'm not sure when, but i've seen it once at least, just in passing), but mostly it's empty (if course at the time when I really needed it :()

I looked the KSP.log carefully but found nothing suspicious.

EDIT: Very interesting! In clean install it is working pretty well (for now anyway), list of galaxies is always here... To be continued...

Edited by girka2k

EDIT: Very interesting! In clean install it is working pretty well (for now anyway), list of galaxies is always here... To be continued...

Well that might explain why I never saw that behaviour. I plan to set up a 24 build and a 0.90 build once its released and do some comparisons

An additional information about empty list of galaxies.

Situation can be easily reproduced if you have an open contract which requests to take shot of something with TST Telescope. In this case you'll see only one galaxy (if this one is subject of contract) or no galaxies at all, if subject is the Sun.

Apparently, this behavior was originally intended by the author, as far as I can judge by the code. Anyway it can be easily changed by little code modification.

@TriggerAu: By the way, don't you think that it would be a good idea to make possible to cancel and decline TST contracts (all you need is change default values of CanBeCancelled and CanBeDeclined to "true" in TSTTelescopeContract.cs). At the moment you can't decline it nor cancel once you accepted it.

By the way #2. Has anyone managed to collect science with telescope or complete contract with it? In my case I take photo of the Sun as requested by contract, but after recovering the vessel contract is still incomleted. A small clarification: I've taken shot just at the KSP pad - may it be cause?

Edited by girka2k
changed link to GitHub

By the way #2. Has anyone managed to collect science with telescope or complete contract with it? In my case I take photo of the Sun as requested by contract, but after recovering the vessel contract is still incomleted. A small clarification: I've taken shot just at the KSP pad - may it be cause?

I can confirm I had the same issue before .90 update. Hoping it gets fixed with .90 compatibility update. I have tried everything from bringing the science back on a drive, to dropping the entire telescope from space, but nothing closed the contract out.

...By the way #2. Has anyone managed to collect science with telescope or complete contract with it? In my case I take photo of the Sun as requested by contract, but after recovering the vessel contract is still incomleted. A small clarification: I've taken shot just at the KSP pad - may it be cause?

I had a couple of those contracts with KSP v0.25 and I successfully completed both. I actually went to the trouble of launching the orbital telescopes into orbit and used an antenna to transmit the data. Easy-peasy. No experience with those contracts in v0.90 yet.

I tried a quick look at 0.90 last night and it throws a whole range of new errors re contracts. If I get all my other Mods updated I'll try and have a look into this, unless tobyb121 reappears :)

Thank u very much for yur incredible work (and i love your mods aspacjaly Kerbal alarm clock)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. I just installed this mod but sadly cannot find it anywhere in the parts list - any clue as to what i am doing wrong or where it is? Is it quite high up the tech tree and i am missing it so far? Cheers.

Install path> TarsierSpaceTech > GameData

Edited by nohey

Hi guys. I just installed this mod but sadly cannot find it anywhere in the parts list - any clue as to what i am doing wrong or where it is? Is it quite high up the tech tree and i am missing it so far? Cheers.

Install path> TarsierSpaceTech > GameData

nope it;s the other way around....

GameData\TarsierSpaceTech

also i;am not sure if it still works in 0.90

nope it;s the other way around....

GameData\TarsierSpaceTech

also i;am not sure if it still works in 0.90

Hi, thanks for that - i have it working however i can only see the two telescope modules in sandbox and only the hardrives in career so i can only assume it's further up the skill tree - any idea what i need on the tech tree at all?

• 3 weeks later...

It did not really works, as it gaves some errors while checking the status progress for the galaxies. This can broke other mods/functions (i.e. AGX) so I made a quick fix that DID NOT CHECK GALAXIES contracts progress, aka, a quick and dirty fix.

This did not makes it fully compatible with 0.90 but at least it gaves you no errors and you can mess with the fantastic Telescopes!

Just place the DLL inside the rar file under: \Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TarsierSpaceTech

GET IT HERE

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a bit of an issue with the ChemCam. Granted, I am in .90, so that may be the problem. Somehow when I installed this I didn't notice it hadn't been updated. I point the Chemcam at the ground and fire, but it doesn't get me science. What could be causing this?

I have taken the version TriggerAU created and applied more fixes.

Specifically, the ChemCam works and the Space Telescopes now correctly use the new autopilot functions for targeting the galaxies.

Yes you can now actually set them as a target (like a celestial body or vessel) and use the autopilot functions to target them.

This should fix the issues people are having with Galaxies and issues with other plugins. Because of the changes in 0.90 that introduced auto-pilot. this mod was using OnFlyByWire and from 0.90 onwards that's not a good thing as mods will overwrite each other and the autopilot and SAS functions.

I've tested everything else and as far as I can tell it all works. I also cleaned up some of the log spam.

Fully functional version with 0.90 in sandbox and career mode. Contracts also generating correctly far as I can tell. Can people try this version and let me know if they still have problems. I will look through the previous posts and address other issues over the coming days. I haven't changed the decline/cancel contract behaviour because I think originally Toby wanted you to do the contracts in order.

The 'show contract galaxies only' button that TriggerAU added should fix the list of galaxies issue. If ON you only can select galaxies you have done contracts for already. If OFF you can select any. This function is irrelevant in sandbox mode it always shows and allows you to select any of the galaxies.

can someone confirm if they are still having contract completion problems with this version please? I didn't see this problem transmitting the data gained the science and completed the contract but I didn't test returning or recovering the vehicle and I didn't fully test the chemical contracts.

I've checked with TriggerAU, he is happy I create another fork from toby's original which I have done here. This fork includes his changes for a few posts back and he agreed that any additionally updates that he finds time to do will be applied to the fork version I have created below.

Not sure what's happened to Toby, but I am willing to maintain this mod in its current working state in my limited spare time until he returns.

You can go here for the source: https://github.com/JPLRepo/TarsierSpaceTechnology

You can go here for the zip: https://github.com/JPLRepo/TarsierSpaceTechnology/releases/tag/v2.5

my other WIP - AmpYear sneak peek

Edited by JPLRepo

I have taken the version TriggerAU created and applied more fixes.

Specifically, the ChemCam works and the Space Telescopes now correctly use the new autopilot functions for targeting the galaxies.

Yes you can now actually set them as a target (like a celestial body or vessel) and use the autopilot functions to target them.

This should fix the issues people are having with Galaxies and issues with other plugins. Because of the changes in 0.90 that introduced auto-pilot. this mod was using OnFlyByWire and from 0.90 onwards that's not a good thing as mods will overwrite each other and the autopilot and SAS functions.

I've tested everything else and as far as I can tell it all works. I also cleaned up some of the log spam.

Fully functional version with 0.90 in sandbox and career mode. Contracts also generating correctly far as I can tell. Can people try this version and let me know if they still have problems. I will look through the previous posts and address other issues over the coming days. I haven't changed the decline/cancel contract behaviour because I think originally Toby wanted you to do the contracts in order.

The 'show contract galaxies only' button that TriggerAU added should fix the list of galaxies issue. If ON you only can select galaxies you have done contracts for already. If OFF you can select any. This function is irrelevant in sandbox mode it always shows and allows you to select any of the galaxies.

can someone confirm if they are still having contract completion problems with this version please? I didn't see this problem transmitting the data gained the science and completed the contract but I didn't test returning or recovering the vehicle and I didn't fully test the chemical contracts.

I've checked with TriggerAU, he is happy I create another fork from toby's original which I have done here. This fork includes his changes for a few posts back and he agreed that any additionally updates that he finds time to do will be applied to the fork version I have created below.

Not sure what's happened to Toby, but I am willing to maintain this mod in its current working state in my limited spare time until he returns.

You can go here for the source: https://github.com/JPLRepo/TarsierSpaceTechnology

You can go here for the zip: https://github.com/JPLRepo/TarsierSpaceTechnology/releases/tag/v2.5

my other WIP - AmpYear sneak peek

Whenever I launch from VAB (Sandbox), even when I have no Tarsier parts attached.

The log is filled with:

NullReferenceException

at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Transform:INTERNAL_get_localRotation (UnityEngine.Quaternion&)

at UnityEngine.Transform.get_localRotation () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TarsierSpaceTech.TSTSpaceTelescope.onFlightInput (.FlightCtrlState ctrl) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper delegate-invoke) FlightInputCallback:invoke_void__this___FlightCtrlState (FlightCtrlState)

at (wrapper delegate-invoke) FlightInputCallback:invoke_void__this___FlightCtrlState (FlightCtrlState)

at Vessel.FeedInputFeed () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FlightInputHandler.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

And I think the autotargeting is broken, It was working on first launch, but when I reverted flight the SAS didn't seem to have any effect (doesn't turn the ship to targets, have to manually turn). Went to VAB and launched again, same issue, then noticed the spam in the log.

Yes, I'm using KSP 0.90, here's the output_log.txt from my first test (over 60MB unzipped): https://www.dropbox.com/s/gfk2n5i83w9m5o0/output_log.zip?dl=0

How to reproduce:

* Build a spacecraft that has Deep Space Telescope attached

* Launch it, fly it to altitude 10000m

* Open telescope

* Let the spacecraft crash to kerbin

* Debug console fills with errors

Revert to launch/VAB doesn't fix it. And SAS will be inoperable after that.

Yes, I'm using KSP 0.90, here's the output_log.txt from my first test (over 60MB unzipped): https://www.dropbox.com/s/gfk2n5i83w9m5o0/output_log.zip?dl=0

How to reproduce:

* Build a spacecraft that has Deep Space Telescope attached

* Launch it, fly it to altitude 10000m

* Open telescope

* Let the spacecraft crash to kerbin

* Debug console fills with errors

Revert to launch/VAB doesn't fix it. And SAS will be inoperable after that.

Thanks d4rksh4de. I reproduced the error and know what's going on. I've done a temporary fix. Recommend if anyone wants to try this out download from the links in my post above. If you downloaded in the time since my first post and this post, re-download as any telescope or chemcam you attempt to recover or crash will cause this bug.

The temporary fix works if you only have one chemcam or telescope active at one time in the game. I will do a full fix when I have more time in the next few days.

Ok, I think I've fixed vessel switching and recovery so the cameras and controls all function correctly with multiple chemcams and telescopes in flight. Did a fair amount of testing, and no errors.

Don't know what has happened to toby but I am willing to keep this mod going on my fork copy until he ever returns.

Far as I can tell fully working version for 0.90 can be found here.

Source here.

Edited by JPLRepo

What do people think if I started a new 0.90 OP post using my forked version for this mod in tobyb121's absence? I'm only thinking love this mod, would love for people to keep using this awesome mod and perhaps the op title of 0.24 stops people from looking to see if it works on 0.90? Anyone have any clue to his whereabouts? I went back through his posts on this thread and everything was business as usual with lots of posts until he just stopped corresponding on 5th Oct where he was looking at some bug someone reported.. and that was it... He hasn't been on the forum since 15th November last year.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.