Help buy games in US?

Michael Kim

I've been using Steam and enjoying its service a lot. However, there's one thing that annoys me from time to time. Some really good games from big publishers are not listed in my region, or have a higher price than in US.

I've been fine with that - just didn't buy them, they are expensive anyway. But since Steam is on its Winter Sale, some games are going really low price.

So I'm looking for someone living in the US to help me buy games. That is, buy the games I want, gift to me, and I pay you with Paypal.

The KSP community has been warm and helpful so I think someone will help if I give it a shot here. Hopefully you awesome guys won't let me down. :)

Thanks a lot!

If the game is not available in your region, there is a good chance you can't get it as a gift either... :/

I think it is possible ...

in germany we cannot get things like the uncensored version of Fallout 3 / Fallout NV and other things that, because they are too violent for minors, which is why the german youth protection agencies don´t want their adults to see them (well actually a little bit more complicated ... all games destined for the german market have to undergo an examination for violent/sexual content by the USK ... if they are rated as adult, they cannot be publicly advertised (like on Steam) an donly sold "under the counter" ... which is, why Steam in anticipatory obedience doesn´t list these games in their portfolio for users of germany ... and video game developers usually create special low violence versions for the german market).

Well, nevertheless for us it is still possible to get these games (like the full violence version of the Fallout games) via Steam gift certificates (which is why for titles like these you will usually find a lot of requests by germans, to trade a gift of this game for anything the gifter may wish to get :D ).

I would guess that it is similar for games not available for the US market.

There is no difference between traveling to the U.S. to buy a game or using a VPN to access a US server to buy a game, except for the cost of the airplane ticket. I don't understand. You are basically asking for the same thing when you ask someone with access to a U.S. server to buy the game for you anyway.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.