Space crane

Hi all, I looked in the already suggested thread and didn't see this.

I would like to see a crane arm implemented like the one on the ISS from Canada. http://www.nasa.gov/audience/foreducators/k-4/features/F_Canadian_Crane.html

I think if you could make it a 3 section rotating/hinging part with a small coupler on it, it would be so cool to be able to maneuver your space station into place with one or two of these.

Thanks for reading!

Well, if a canadarm analogue ever is implemented, it's probably at least a few patches away. So it's either waiting, using a mod or making your own mod.

The only thing you really need is powered hinges; Infernal Robotics has those, along with washers, gantries, pistons etc.

If you dislike using mods on the "main" save, make a copy of your KSP folder, then install mods in that one while keeping the original stock. That way you can decide if a particular one is/isn't for you, while avoiding reinstalls :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.