Larry Kerman: Kerbaboy!

Tw1

If the show I'm making a tribute to wasn't part of your childhood, that's a pity, but you may enjoy this silliness anyway.

It was one of those things where you have an idea, then think "I'm definitelly doing that in KSP later."

Larry Kerman: "Kerbiburg needs a hero!"

"I. Am. That. Hero!"

25d34YN.png

"They call me..."

"Kerbaboy!"

L3bNK7T.png

Bob Kerman: "Oh Hey Larry."

Larry: "Hello there citizen! My name is Kerbaboy."

c8tjLub.png

Bob: "Right. Why have you stuck communitrons to the side of your space helmet?"

Larry: "Oh, you must be referring to my Super Suction Ears."

Bob: "Super suction ears?"

Larry: "It's my superpower! Let me demonstrate."

y9vEoRo.png

Larry: " Ah... they seem to be malfunctioning.. I'm a little stuck.. Um... Citizen? Bob! A little help over here?"

Edited by Tw1

xWy5hmo.png

Alfred: "I have been making modifications to the Kerbamobile. They haven't been tested yet, but I think you'll find them very useful."

Larry: "Oh. That explains all these new buttons."

Alfred: "Try pressing the orange button."

MYAcpvk.png

Alfred: "Sorry, I meant the yellow button."

Larry: "Oh wow! Wings!"

1NWfCuH.png

6clvjyK.png

HkRiEFC.png

True to the original, this vehicle flings away its wheels dramatically during its "conversion" to flying mode. Why the one in the TV show did this never made sense to me.

Edited by Tw1

Heh! I like the communitrons in his helmet. Images aren't loading correctly for my phone though. Vacation did not include internet

Pity about lack of internet. I think it would've been better with the old, smaller dishes, but these are fine. I tried to use KAS grappling hooks first, but they wouldn't go on the right way.

One more set of pictures:

zvs1Jzz.png

Alfred: "Now, press the green button."

t49JqJS.png

Larry: "My wings! I need those!"

Alfred: "No you don't, not where you're going!"

Tunneling mode!

6lCVO14.png

Also, here are some images of "Kerbaboy" and Bob, hanging around the Kerbamobile, (Which somehow regained its wheels) posing near KSC.

AiMGTai.png

It has a K for Kerbaboy on it. :)

YqcKqBz.png

jXJRF21.png

Edited by Tw1

Reminds me of the 1960's version of Batman. :)

Figures. :) Kerbaboy is based on Veggietales' Larryboy, who in turn, was based on that version of batman. So in a way, Kerbaboy is based on Batman by proxy.

Funny :)

We need more adventures of Kerbaboy!

Maybe, I have some ideas. If I get him out again, I'll probably try something with KAS winches, so he can fire the super suction ears out at things. And perhaps with a little photoshoping, a very well known celestial body could be used to make a very kerbal version of "The Fib (powered monster) From Outer Space." :D

Does he have a theme song yet?

Not yet, I though about recruiting some back up singers, and shooting some scenes based on his vegitable-based inspirer's music video, but it doesn't quite have the feel of a theme song to me.

Did a test photoshop of "the fib from space" and it looked pretty terrible. So I think I'll stick to other things, as that didn't seem much fun. But Kerbaboy might do a few more random stunts.

I'll be adventuriing in an amphibious explorer on Eve before too long, and I've had an idea for a space program origin story that's been floating around in my head for a while now. Hope no one steals my core idea before I get to it.

Edited by Tw1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.