Does anyone also hate the MK1-2 pod (3-men pod) like me

royying

I use Shift-A or Shift-D (or is it Shift-Q, Shift-E?) and rotate it so the ladder is in-line with the rest of my lander. Then fit 3 parachutes to the side of the windows so they don't obscure them. Not ideal but, I don't hate it.

when the ladder become aligned, the windows turn to strange angle lol

I use it all the time and I love it

Partly because it carries the 3 most important Kerbals while they deliver bits of spaceship/stations/fuel tanks/other kerbals to their doom, but mostly because it can survive the sort of landing that result in other craft becoming crushed tin cans with kerbal jam in them.

If the ladder position is annoying just use a few ladder sections from the utilities page to link the capsule ladder to the hitchhiker pod.

Boris

pah call yourself rocket scientists :D

In career mode it is currently completely useless. You only need one kerbal for EVA reports and samples.

I really like the looks of it. I can work with the ladder placement. I'm just never going to use it outside of sandbox mode.

I frequently use it as a space-taxi. Launch 1 Kerbal and get 3 home! (Or the other way around).

Yup. Throw SAS and a docking port on top, put a Skipper underneath it, use RCS blocks and linear thrusters with 2-way symmetry, put the chutes at the top of the fuel tank, and you're good to go.

Overfloater made an awesome bi-plane using the Mk II as the cockpit.

Whats the big deal with ladders I almost never use them and just use the jetpack! Also that is probably my favorite capsule!

Well, you can't use the jetpack on Kerbin (for suborbital hops) let alone Eve. Basically, I find jetpacks useless anyplace with a gravity field substantially heavier than the Mün.

Do I "hate" the pod? Absolutely not. Are there improvements that I would make? Yes, for sure.

-As mentioned, the door matches up oddly with all the vertical-stack based pods. It should be matched up with the likes of the landercan and such. I understand why it'd be offset, though, as it was an early pod.

-Personally, if asked to redesign I'd give it a bit of a texture update of some sort.. Except I'm bad at textures.

-Kind of wish it had a built-in heatshield-like thing, like the single man pod. It looks so bare and adding one is kinda pointless.

-The fact that it has texture-based RCS thrusters with obvious burn marks, yet they are nonfunctional. I'd love if they'd assign thrust points to them, and possibly add a bit of geometry so that they were vaguely nozzle-shaped. Just a thought.

Overall, though, it's the only stock 3-man pod we have, and one of the best 3-man pod out there. The only one that has real competition with it is the 3-man capsule from the KOSMOS pack, but I don't see a major reason NOT to use it, it's more or less perfectly functional.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.