RCS Help

I'm not certain if it is possible to make it use LFO AND OX at the same time, the module for RCS thrusters only states one resorce but you could try adding another. The RCS module is NOT an engine module. In an engine module it is easy to see how to add more fuel types. The RCS code:

MODULE

{

name = ModuleRCS

thrusterTransformName = RCSthruster

thrusterPower = 1

resourceName = MonoPropellant

atmosphereCurve

{

key = 0 260

key = 1 100

}

}

Changing "resourceName = MonoPropellant" to "resourceName = LiquidFuel" would make it use LFO but not OX. I'm sorry I can't help more

stupid_chris, you're a freaking genius. That's awesome. <3

I've been bashing my head at this for like two months, and concluded I'd have to either go the generator route (as Starwaster has explained, and as a prerelesase FASA patch of mine had), but with a "smart" just-in-time generator, or make my own ModuleRCS (which I probably still will, eventually, since ZRM's gone so his is unavailable for modding).

But this will work a treat until then. :)

stupid_chris, you're a freaking genius. That's awesome. <3

I've been bashing my head at this for like two months, and concluded I'd have to either go the generator route (as Starwaster has explained, and as a prerelesase FASA patch of mine had), but with a "smart" just-in-time generator, or make my own ModuleRCS (which I probably still will, eventually, since ZRM's gone so his is unavailable for modding).

But this will work a treat until then. :)

What if one type of fuel is exhausted while the other one still have some rest? especially if we have different ratios between main engine and RCS port which both use UDMH+N2O4.

I would still lean to the generator way, and i prefer to use something like ResGen plugin so that it will only generate the intermediate resource when it's not full, thus won't cause constant wasting of the two propellants.

But yes if you are going to write a specialized RCS Module in MFS that will be better.

OK Stupid_Chris's idea gave me one.

You could add a resources like mixedFuel to use in the RCS. Then make an engine with no thrust but that uses OX and LFO but has a ModuleAlternator that produces mixedFuel. Give it a storage space for mixed fuel and you would just have to premix the fuel. You could also create the reverse engine that uses mixedFuel and ModuleAlternator outputs OX and LFO so you don't tie up all the fuel in the RCS thrusters (running on mixedFuel). The downside to this is you would have to premix the fuel and demix the fuel which could get VERY annoying when you are down to 30 of each and you need engines and RCS. The plus side of this is you don't need mods installed that could cause crashes.

What if one type of fuel is exhausted while the other one still have some rest? especially if we have different ratios between main engine and RCS port which both use UDMH+N2O4.

I would still lean to the generator way, and i prefer to use something like ResGen plugin so that it will only generate the intermediate resource when it's not full, thus won't cause constant wasting of the two propellants.

But yes if you are going to write a specialized RCS Module in MFS that will be better.

And that was the whole point of "By inputing the right amount of thrust/ISP for each". Setting them up so that both drain at the same rate.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.