[0.23] Alternis Kerbol - Release thread - [v0.1, Jan. 3] (development halted)

NovaSilisko

I've found a bug. I'm using remotetech 2 also, if this is a stock bug please let me know.

I was setting up a satellite network with 3 satellites that have close to the same orbit and SMA as Mun, upon going back to the space center and back to the tracking station, the satellites will be in random orbits, sometimes around Jool, Kerbin, or even on a hyperbolic orbit of the Sun. This also affected my satellites orbiting the Mun once and set them on an escape trajectory from the Sun.

I also tested by controlling one of the sats and warping at the highest speed, they never entered the SOI of another moon. The bug only happens when reloading the tracking station or launching a new ship.

I was having a lot of fun with remotetech, but it looks like I need to remove it from this save due to this bug, or set up satellites in a different orbit that is not on the same orbit as a celestial body.

Edited by lantay77

Could you make a download for the lighting for some reason my game is less laggy with it. Also looks good!

Because Nova got rid of the ambient lighting it runs better. ALOT of people are asking for this and Nova did say hes working on the stand alone lighting.

And then just as I was going to sleep last night, I remembered Jool has an atmosphere for aerobraking. Screw you Laythe.

Minmus has a SOI of 122km. You have to hit it dead on pretty much. Because it has such a low gravity it is easy to change your vector though once you are actually in the SOI.

I tried deleting Laythes new texture in order to get the vanilla one to replace it, but I just ended up with a blank planet. I have reverted the stuff and it all works again, but I still can't find a way to change back Laythes texture. Anyone know how I can find the original textures, disable the change or edit the texture? What program was used to paint the textures?

You can aerobrake. So it's really cheap to get to Minmus :P

I think it's more efficient without aerobraking. Starting from LKO it only takes about 1000 delta-v to get into a transfer orbit, and about 1200 more to stop and land.

If you aerobrake you have to get into a lower transfer orbit (something like 1200 delta-v from LKO) and then after aerobraking at Jool to lower your apoapsis to Minmus's orbit, you have to circularize there which takes more like 2500 m/s.

You don't have to circularize around Jool.

When you're burning for Minmus capture, you're basically circularizing your Jool orbit at Minmus's altitude, and Minmus's gravity is insignificant to give you much of an Oberth effect.

I appear to be having a compatibility issue between this mod and B9 in concert with other mods. In other words, I've got loads of mods (and this one) and when I get rid of B9 Aerospace it works. When I try to use B9 as well as everything else it crashes to the desktop right after the loading screen... :(

Anyone else having this problem?

-Don

I appear to be having a compatibility issue between this mod and B9 in concert with other mods. In other words, I've got loads of mods (and this one) and when I get rid of B9 Aerospace it works. When I try to use B9 as well as everything else it crashes to the desktop right after the loading screen... :(

Anyone else having this problem?

-Don

Which Mods? I myself am Using Alternis, B9, Engineer Redux, kerbal Alarm Clock, and some texture reduction packs. I've not had issues, but for you, maybe it could with all the parts it uses up too much ram and crashes? It could also be that Other mods are conflicting with B9, and not this one.

Got this mod and played with it for a while. I really liked how it made the game seem new again. However, I got annoyed with the lack of ambient light in space. At times it seemed like playing the game with the monitor off. Wish you could toggle that feature on and off.

Hello, I ran into a bit of a bug. Not sure if it is just me but, I played with BOP as a moon of Kerbin (on a completely new save) and BOP made anything that went close to it laggy and slow. Like, unbearable slow. Unless you go into maps, its near unplayable.

I had my computer on the lowest resolution settings possible and it was still slow. Now, my computer isn't very fast, it would probably be considered amazing 6 years ago, which basically means its poop now. But the specs are 8gb ram AMD A4-3305 1.90 GHz (nothing impressive compared to todays standards)

But the rest of this plugin I LOVE! Nothing else seems glitchy or laggy.

Hello, I ran into a bit of a bug. Not sure if it is just me but, I played with BOP as a moon of Kerbin (on a completely new save) and BOP made anything that went close to it laggy and slow. Like, unbearable slow. Unless you go into maps, its near unplayable.

I had my computer on the lowest resolution settings possible and it was still slow. Now, my computer isn't very fast, it would probably be considered amazing 6 years ago, which basically means its poop now. But the specs are 8gb ram AMD A4-3305 1.90 GHz (nothing impressive compared to todays standards)

But the rest of this plugin I LOVE! Nothing else seems glitchy or laggy.

Did you get any other glitches with Bop(i.e. terrain horribly changing)? And why are you writing it in full caps? :P

Besides the lag, Bop doesn't like the Kethane mod either. It displays the grid and scans the planet for Ore and Kethane alright. But not quite in the right planet...

b9cf.jpg

Edit:

Here's a video of the same bug but instead of centering on Kerbin, it centers on the camera

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTsAfjGic7I&feature=youtu.be

Edited by DauntingFlyer

Vall's grid is also slightly affected. Maybe because of being shrunk, but that doesn't explain why the other shrunk bodies' grids were not affected.

Ike's grid on the other hand just doesn't match up at all. It appears to be very similar to Bop's terrain

Above all, it's Bop's grid that is really messed up

7vrw.jpg

Edited by DauntingFlyer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.