Moho phase angle if going to moho's periapsis

I'm going to moho by going to its periapsis. It's supposed to make it easier to brake in moho. The problem with a phase angle calculator is that mohos orbit is elliptical, and so I don't know where moho should actually be when I leave kerbin. Is there a way to find this

yeah, actually it does. I just plugged in:

Origin: Kerbin

Destination: MoHo

Parking Orbit: 100 Km

and it kicks out:

Phase Angle: -251.79 degrees

Ejection Angle: 188.73 degrees

Ejection Velocity: 3942.16 m/s

Ejection Burn DV: 1696.02 m/s

Warning: Orbital inclinations differ between your origin and destination. Adjust the inclination mid-transfer by performing a burn in the Normal or Antinormal direction to place your target intercept onto the destination body's orbit.

either way, ksp.olex.biz does provide a good hint on where kerbin, moho and your ship need to be to leave FOR moho and the reverse is true to get home, but, it is not easy. Ive been there and arrival was a pain in the rear to be sure. that is where I burned most my DV at. getting OUT is easier by comparison lol.

The position of Moho doesn't matter. Just leave when you are opposite to Moho's periapsis, perform the inclination change with your escape burn from Kirbin and then just orbit the sun a couple of times until you can get an encounter by burning retrograde the encounter point.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.