[1.1.2] WernherChecker v0.4.1 - Customizable Editor Pre-Flight Checklist ; (May 18)

Magion

This is actually intentional. The version for KSP 1.1 is not finished yet, so I thought there is no reason to publish it now already.

But the update should be released soon, as I just only need to solve some positioning problems and check, that everything is flawless.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a terrible memory and this will no doubt help me a lot. Very glad to see it revived!:D

-----edit-----

@Magion

Could you explain these two settings? I'm assuming the first pertains to the MOAR BOOSTERS. The second, I know what it does, but to get the blizzy toolbar working, do I just type BLIZZY or TOOLBAR or...?

jebEnabled = True
toolbarType = STOCK

Edited by Deimos Rast

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Found this while looking for a checklist plugin for myself, but was terribly disappointed to find that it was outdated and @Magion didn't seem to have worked on it in half a year. So I took the liberty of forking and updating it myself. And since my game didn't crash running it (yet), I am happy to announce that I have successfully updated the plugin to KSP 1.2.2!

https://github.com/gobbo1008/WernherChecker/releases/tag/v0.5.0

I'll have to add that this is my first time working with KSP Plugins and that I compiled it against the x86 libraries (as I just realised), but I'm confident it'll work. ...maybe. Feel free to check out the changeset and correct me where I'm wrong! :)
No additional functionality has been introduced in this update, in fact, some may have been broken as I'm not 100% sure on a substitution I've had to make to get rid of all errors (specifically, Part.Resources.list.Find() was replaced by Part.Resources.Get()).

Edit: Yup. Resource amounts are definitely broken at the moment. Give me a moment...

Edit2: Nope. Seems to be a more complex issue unrelated to my substitutions. Going to have to read my way into the code a bit more to figure out where it's coming from.

Edited by gobbo

1 hour ago, gobbo said:

Found this while looking for a checklist plugin for myself, but was terribly disappointed to find that it was outdated and @Magion didn't seem to have worked on it in half a year. So I took the liberty of forking and updating it myself. And since my game didn't crash running it (yet), I am happy to announce that I have successfully updated the plugin to KSP 1.2.2!

https://github.com/gobbo1008/WernherChecker/releases/tag/v0.5.0

I'll have to add that this is my first time working with KSP Plugins and that I compiled it against the x86 libraries (as I just realised), but I'm confident it'll work. ...maybe. Feel free to check out the changeset and correct me where I'm wrong! :)
No additional functionality has been introduced in this update, in fact, some may have been broken as I'm not 100% sure on a substitution I've had to make to get rid of all errors (specifically, Part.Resources.list.Find() was replaced by Part.Resources.Get()).

Edit: Yup. Resource amounts are definitely broken at the moment. Give me a moment...

Edit2: Nope. Seems to be a more complex issue unrelated to my substitutions. Going to have to read my way into the code a bit more to figure out where it's coming from.

Did you contact @Magion about it?

Also, assuming he isn't going to continue, I'd suggest creating a new thread to discuss your fork.

You also seem to be missing a number of config files

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

Did you contact @Magion about it?

Also, assuming he isn't going to continue, I'd suggest creating a new thread to discuss your fork.

Not as of your post. As it was just a quick hack job to get 1.2.2 compatibility, I decided to post it in here, making use of the MIT Licence it was released under. I've reached out to @Magion to figure out where this is going now. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've forked this project, and have a version available now for 1.2.2

If @Magion decides to support it again, i'll gladly turn it back over to him, but until then, mine will be available.

currently available on Github, version 0.5.1: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/WernherChecker/releases

•     Renamed Data directory to PluginData
  •     Moved PNGs into Images directory
  •     Moved DLL into the Plugins directory
  •     Added AssemblyVersion.tt to write te version from the .version file into the DLL
  •     Added new optional field for CHECKLIST_ITEM.  If present, this checklist item will only be visible if the specified mod is installed
             requiredMod = (modname)
  •     Currently this won't work for KIS and the ModuleKISItemAttachTool, since a tool in the inventory is not actually part of the vessel
  •     Added Log.cs to make logging easier
Edited by linuxgurugamer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.