InterCity

Do you like mods?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you like mods?

• Yes, mods are AWESOME!
    • Well, i don't know...
    • Nah, stock KSP all the way!

Hello, fellow rocketeers.

I wondered what would KSP be without mods. I think (and guess that you will agree) that most players have some mods installed. I, for example, downloaded my first mod when stock KSP just started to be... boring. So i downloaded B9 aerospace, Kethane mod and KW rocketry to get started with.

It changed the whole game. Tons of new parts, new sounds, new possibilities make it look much more like a real space program.

My favourite mod is Kethane. It has added the mining aspect to the game as well as a new, high efficiency fuel.

What about you?

Edited by InterCity
New signature :D

Why is there never an in-between option on polls? I think there are a lot of people who think some mods are nice, but not YEAH ALL MODS ARE AWESOME MORE MODS MODSMODSMODSMODSMODS

Well, i didn't think about that. I meant mods generally. I'm sorry, next time i will make a "golden middle path" :D

You should play the game squad meant you to play. NO MODS FTW

Considering that Squad made the mod API, made mods easy to install, and even runs the spaceport, I really think they DO believe that mods are good and can be used.

If it wasnt meant to be played with mods, Squad wouldnt have given us the ability to make them.. :P;)

That is such a gotspe. If Squad truly intended us to use mods, then installation would be as simple as placing them in folder (and uninstalling would be as simple as removing them). And they would facilitate a site where people could share those mods. And maybe even, but now I'm pushing it, there would be a link to that site from within the game.

No, obviously Squad meant the game to be played without mods...

The very idea of building a rocket without knowing thrust-to-weight and delta-v offends me. Until those calculators are built-in, I'll either have Engineer or Mechjeb. I literally went looking for such a calculator within 15 minutes of installing KSP (before my 3rd flight). If this forum hadn't pointed me to Kerbal Engineer Redux, Squad never would have seen my money. And that would have been a sad thing.

Please note I've said nothing against the players who do enjoy that style. I respect them; I simply don't understand them. I'm delighted KSP is flexible enough to suit us both. :)

Mods are awesome! Spoken by a mod creator :cool:.

Check out the ones that I created in my signature below

Just noticed one of the images in TAC shows that a time you can select as `sidereel days` instead of `sidereal days`

I agree, mods are awesome. The `stock master race` though sometimes really act like dicks about mods though...

Your fuel balancer has saved me many times...

I remember the first flights after buying the game, when I didn't know about Kerbal Engineer yet. Two or three test runs, then I pulled out a calculator, pen and a sheet of paper and was like "awright, Tsiolkovsky and Newton, let's do this!"

It was tedious. KER saved my sanity.

Otherwise, the essentials currently installed are:

- Kerbal alarm clock

- Crew manifest

- SelectRoot

- Chatterer

Haven't tried many of the "big ones" out yet (next save!)... but RLA stockalike is awesome :)

The very idea of building a rocket without knowing thrust-to-weight and delta-v offends me. Until those calculators are built-in, I'll either have Engineer or Mechjeb. I literally went looking for such a calculator within 15 minutes of installing KSP (before my 3rd flight). If this forum hadn't pointed me to Kerbal Engineer Redux, Squad never would have seen my money. And that would have been a sad thing.

Please note I've said nothing against the players who do enjoy that style. I respect them; I simply don't understand them. I'm delighted KSP is flexible enough to suit us both.

Heh I never use any delta-v calculators. I mostly don't use any mods (tried some but they never stuck). I have nothing against people who do use calcs but for me part of the fun is not KNOWING whether a design will work or not. The thrill of trying to judge if it will make orbit, if it will get stuck in a Sun orbit due to missing fuel, if it will run out trying to land on an atmosphereless body. I think it depends what you find fun and I very much understand and respect if you like to know it will at least reach orbit.

The `stock master race` though sometimes really act like dicks about mods though...

The average member of the "stock master race" is just trolling you because it's easy and acceptable on these forums.

Can't get enough of em' :) When I'm away from my computer and not occupied, there's a good chance I'm browsing for new mods on my phone.

I use too many to list, but I go through them and keep only the parts I need. Most that I do use though are ones that add optional (e.g., Kethane), rather than mandatory (e.g., Life Support) elements to the game. With almost 100 flights ongoing it's not possible to add a tonne of things that require micromanagement, even adding Remotetech is taking a tonne of work. However, I do have a second install loaded with "realism" mods that I sometimes use.

In a nutshell, I'm definitely not part of the "stock master race". :wink: I quickly run out of things to do playing stock only.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.