Famous Last Words..

Hephcestus

Famous last words (Frequency of times said)

2%: *Other*

3%: "Did I check the orientation of that decoupler? Pfft, I'm sure it'll be fine."

5%: "Quicksaving here wont screw me over will it? Nah, I'll Quicksave here, just to be safe"

10%: "Ok, I think the staging is fixed this time"

80%: "Lift off!"

00:01: Liftoff!

00:15: Stop making the ship wobble, Jeb!

00:25: DO NOT DECOUPLE THAT SRB, MECHJEB! I'M NOT DONE WITH IT!

00:55: SRB separation in 3 seconds

00:58: SRBs separation, all is good.

01:27: Whoa easy there, NONONONO- *Ship explodes*

Every launch.

"Why is that engine/fuel tank/wing/srb moving faster than the rest of the rocket?"

"Parachute full deploy in 3...2...1... (unintelligible sounds as parachutes rip rocket apart)"

"Kill engines for landing in 3...2...1...0. Ah, beauti-why are you tipping? Stop tipping! *sob"

And the all time biggest cue for disaster and reason why I don't have many screenshots:

"I'm doing this mission for the forums. I'm going to take a bunch of screen shots and come up with a cool story."

Interesting.

Fascinating.

Oops.

Didn't kill them but those 3 fit what happened last night. I am starting to learn how to dock with a science lab and 3 man capsule which I am planning to use as a fuel depot for multiple landings on Mun or Minimus. Due to weight issues I launched with it's tanks empty and was transferring what was left in the assent stage while burning to get a stable orbit. Unfortunately I hit space instead of Alt so I ended up getting there by riding the last part of the assent stage while it was disconnected. Without fuel the launch was a loss and I reverted since I already have the lander up with lots of fuel in it's assent stage.

"Landing on Tylo couldn't be too hard."

"This wobble is totally normal."

"Those explosions during staging are harmless."

"Is it just me, or is the ground really getting closer?"

Quotations 2 and 4 are from my Tylo Mission, where I tried to conquer Tylo for Kermany with Hans Kerman. Didn't end well.

"I'm pretty sure this rover is heavy enough for Minimus", I said moments before the rover went into a neverending roll across the surface. It was more suited to Eve I think.

"Wait.. I think the staging is all wrong here", just before my Munar orbital injection/braking stage separated and also ejected the command module. One of my most tragic fatalities resulted; Bill Kerman, a national hero for his first manned Mun and Duna landings. I have permadeath enabled too so he's gone for good.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.