Famous Last Words..

Hephcestus

"The plane is veering slightly to the right of the runway......oh god....OH GOD! ccrrrkkkkkkshhhhhhhhhhh"

"Spaceplane 1, come in spaceplane 1, do you read me? over.........okay looks like he's dead. Alright, build another one, but this time angle the wheels 5 degrees more to the left, I'm certain it'll work this time."

My first Mun landing, back in 13.3

Oh my god, I'm just 70 kilometers above the Muns surface! there is now way I can screw this up!

then I notice that after I deorbited my fuel dropped to like 20%, and having no previous experience with mun landings I concluded that that was okay and continued falling.

And no, it wasn't the running out of fuel bit that killed me, it was the crashing into the grown at 200m's because I trusted the ASL altimeter, Last words were "Huh, the ground looks closer than it should be."

"I should probably add struts next time" my Laythe station as it's right before aerobraking at jool, the docking ports got ripped apart the station and the solar panels got hit by ripped off pieces of the station.

"Hmm time warping may make the landing a little faster" as i was about to land at Eve, but ended up getting trowed at 136x light speed into interstellar space.

• 4 weeks later...

"I think that I'll be fine with all the wobbling"

"It won't stop wobbling. I'm going to turn on MechJeb and RCS and let it settle down"

Once in orbit...

"Ok, time to lay over and fire prograde. MechJeb, point me in the right direction"

(Regarding Mun landing of an unmanned lander) "Hmm. I'm sure this nuke will kill 100m/s in 1km"

"Ok, fire +Rad and... where did that hill come from?" (seems I forgot to kill horizontal speed correctly)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.