Famous Last Words..

Hephcestus

One other thing I frequently find myself saying: "The fuel seems to be draining asymmetrically" - seconds later one engine flames out while the other rips the ship apart.

1. THIS

2. "It's not draining asymmetrically."

*stage*

"Just a little shaking OHMYGOD WHAT IS GOING ON" - I say as ship spins itself apart

Here's some tidbits of the brave astronauts of the NAA.

"Here we go again." - A pilot who was testing the XRP-1 prior to its first supersonic flight in 1948

"Whoever designed this ship, this message is for you. Frak you."- Unnamed Kerbalonaut, confirmed KIA after parachute failure from cislunar reentry.,

"Wheeeeeeeee!"- One of the many lives of Jebediah Kerman

"wrefffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffew///[e]t']t\sgebewy///erwybre435"- One of my many losses due to Sticky Keys

"Oh, fudge! I forgot to stage-lock!" Dumped my drop tanks on the way to Laythe, complete failure of the mission.

"I wonder if there's land in there?" So far haven't found out if I can actually land on Jool. Need More Chutes!

"Pull UP! UP UP UP! Oh bugger." SSTO becoming SSTR (single stage to runway)

"A fart would have more power than this!" Ion Engine probe. No more needs to be said.

"Oh god. I shouldn't have done that. Bail! BAIL!" - jumps out of the hatch in the nick of time and gets slung away by the explosion "...... oh bugger" - flat crash into [CLASSIFIED] landscape.

"Why is the middle tank spending fuel faster than the external boosters?"

http://i.imgur.com/QDO47db.png

SAME MISSION: "Did both of those decouplers fire?"

http://i.imgur.com/Aj01ID7.png

This is just not my day...

Actually i've been in multiple of these situations. Handled right, my survival percentage is a respectable amount over 50%.

"That should be enough struts." - seconds before the lifter crumpled under the weight of a 110t Fuel Tanker on the launch pad.

"Wait! Why is it it turning over?!" - after launch, realizing that an upside down probe and MechJeb do not mix well.

"Aw crap!" - Not checking staging prior to launch leads to many mistakes.

"Why am I so bad at this?!" - trying to land a SSTO, missing the runway and hoping to salvage the landing on the plains.

"Why is my rocket bending in the middle?" - just before phantom force folded my rocket in two and it then exploded.

"This is going to be a perfect landing" - just before I accidentally nudge the abort button and Jebidiah gets ejected with a capsule and a parachute... ON THE MUN.

"Why is my craft not responding?" - as the probe flies off into the aether and then I realise I forgot to add the solar panels.

"Well, that's not good..."

- Rocket from two days ago. Not enough gimbal/control surface action to counteract the aerodynamic forces of an oversized procedural fairing... Rocket was nosing over excessively compared to a normal (realistic) gravity turn and had 'flattened' its trajectory out at 10 km, before beginning to aim for the ground.

"Well, that's not good..."

- A general catch all for everything, really.

"On course for Lithobrake."

- Guess.

Edited by AdmiralTigerclaw

"Why is my craft not responding?" - as the probe flies off into the aether and then I realise I forgot to add the solar panels.

I can't tell you the number of times I've had this happen when de-orbiting lifters and finding out I forgot to put batteries or panels on them.

"ahh just neatly pulling up now..."

as i watch my plane glide graceful as a bird into the air......

*sees aileron gently tap a clipped in part*

Watches as it has violent convulsions and spirals with all the grace and poise of a rhinoceros on an ice rink ......:cool:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.