Decoupler always separates in 1st stage?

I'm new to the game, so I'm probably not doing something right. Any help would be amazing!

I made this pretty simple ship. I put 2 decouplers on it, one to separate the main stage and another to separate the capsule from the secondary rocket. I set up my stages to burn the liquid engines, then boosters, then activate decoupler 1, burn the last liquid engine, then activate decoupler 2. My problem is that when I launch, the first decoupler activates with the first set of liquid engines. Please! Tell me what I'm doing wrong!

Thanks!!

Here's my ship and stages:

jOok9PA.jpg?1

yeah,there's also a problem in first stage.It may be a game error,but usually the holy reloading fixes everything.

And it would be a very good idea to use SRBs first,they have enough power to lift your whole ship up without using liquid engines

edit: nice rocket name

You might want to review your staging tree anyway. Stage 1 is now igniting the final engine and activating the decoupler under the capsule. Theoretically this might be what you intend, but that is not very likely.

More likely, the staging using decouplers and activating second stage engine, are in the wrong order.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.