The Funosphere I sent to space... bigger than the VAB

horndgmium

[image Heavy]

I set out today with the goal of making another moon for Kerbin, because I'd like to have more and my computer can't handle Alternis. This went poorly without motivation for something that is extremely hard to send to space (I will never use hyperedit).

That is, until I saw one time that Whackjob made the Thrillmaster sphere, so I made a bigger one and sent it to space (I'm coming for you, whacky!)

Unfortunately, I had to make it out of B9 8x8 panels because the stock 2x2 panels racked up about 4000 parts to get spherical, which then caused my computer to crash (6 years old now :(). This makes it look a little non-spherical, because I had to use bigger than 5 degree increments to be able to fit in in the VAB (even so, the sides of the sphere were not actually inside of it).

Without further ado:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Mods used: I think only B9 and KW rocketry

Part total somewhere between 1000 and 2000, I closed KSP and it's way too late for me to go look again.

Edited by horndgmium

@horndgmium geostationnary is mandatory to be able to drive a rover around (spin induced gravity works in geostationary too :P) :)

basically, your rover needs a Surface Velocity to be below the tires breaking speed - even in space :P - if your not in geosynch, your surface velocity will be too high for the tires and they will break up :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.