Space agencies! How did you name them etc...

InterCity

Did you name your space agency?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Did you name your space agency?

• Yes
    • No

Hey, guys.

How do you call your space agencies, who is the CEO, any story behind it, how many kerbals have you lost/saved/made famous, greatest success of your agency, pretty much anything about it...

Let me start: I've named my agency "KISMSC", which is an acronym for "Kerbal intercontinental and science missiles strategic command", formely called

"KESA - Kerbal Explosive Space Agency".

Since the Kerbal government shortened it funds, it was transformed into BrandTech inc. Currently it mainly focuses on kethane mining.

I've saved about 8 kerbals, and lost about 4 of them (including Bill and Bob). I made famous Jebediah Kerman, since i always use him for pioneer missions: he was first to land at Mun, Minimus, Eve and Duna, first to reach the orbit, commander of my first orbital station, and pilot of my first career flight.

My greatest succes is probably permanent mining base at mun. It's a rube goldberg machine :D

Edited by InterCity

"KESA - Kerbal Explosive Space Agency".

First of all, that is awesome. It's so very Kerbal. XD

I run the Completely-not-evil Xacktar Aerospace Corporation. Just because we are the only corporation and government agency left on the planet does not make us evil! I swear! It's not our fault that it took near-global annihilation for all of Kerbinkind to see things our way! Although, the world is pretty clean now. No big cities, no traffic, no competition...

1024x575.resizedimage

It is only through hard work, and lots of threats to be sent to Vall, that the XAC got off the ground and made its way into the heavens!

We even have a completely-true and totally-not-made-up historicalish show on the 24-hour Xackylvania Kerbovision Network.

:D

Edited by Xacktar

I'm running with FERD, Fuzzy Engineering Rocketry Division. :)

Whereas the pilots have no official motto (screaming being the unofficial one), the ground crew and especially mission control use the one in my sig' below.

Entente Space Corps. It's my Kerbalized vision of a fictional military force that operates all of Earth's and its colonies' spacefaring forces. (see flag in avatar)

It's funny though that my explanation is so serious, and yet my missions are so piddly in comparison XD. I love the hilarious names, particularly "Single Stage To Explosion." :D

Munstak Industries is named for my very first successful Munar rocket design that I built way back in 0.12. The name itself came from the *******ization of "Mun Stack" (as in a stack of rocket parts cobbled together to make a rocket. Munstak Industries got its start building Munstak rockets for KSC, and then after the space race was put on hold in the 0.16 era, Munstak Industries expanded and acquired all of the Kerbal government's facilities and contracts with external agencies like Anatid Robotics and Thunder Aerospace. Munstak also acquired and absorbed the companies RefuStar (a designer and manufacturer of orbital and planetary refueling depots) and InterPlanX (Inter-Planetary Experimentals), and used them to build a large network of bases on the Mun and Duna, effectively owning a monopoly on all space travel!

Unfortunately, due to lack of public support and profits to be gained, Munstak suspended all ground operations on other worlds during the 0.20 era. Eventually Munstak entered into a lucrative business arrangement with Kethane manufacturing and had resumed operations on other worlds. Today, Munstak is rebuilding interplanetary operations and establishing a Kethane outpost on the Mun. It's a great day to be Munstak Industries' C.E.O.

Munstak Industries - Forever redefining what it means to be home!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.