Show off your Weapons MEGATHREAD

Heretic391

Fooled around with an ASAT (Anti-SATellite) missle this morning over coffee;

aCR14iR.jpg

1.25m parts, guided kinetic energy (no payload).. Mechjeb to refine intercept and then put the pedal to the metal. Impacted @ 95m/sec. Given that the missile weighs 8.7t that means the impact was equivalent to a 9.5kg mass of TNT exploding.. Of course I loaded a save after the impact as I wanted to keep my station..

I present to you, my bunker buster 4000

My Latest Missile in my list of random missiles

ScreenShot2014-01-04at51026AM.png

Getting into full orbit

ScreenShot2014-01-04at51126AM.png

ScreenShot2014-01-04at51349AM.png

ScreenShot2014-01-04at51635AM.png

The Shell Removed....

ScreenShot2014-01-04at53912AM.png

TO REVEAL THE WARHEAD

ScreenShot2014-01-04at53918AM.png

Now due to my absolutely terrible aim, i missed 15 times and gave up, so i set this up to compensate. Although it does not give me the 300m/s speed the warhead can achieve, its still better than nothing. =P

ScreenShot2014-01-04at60606AM.png

AND THE RESULT?

2 out of the 16 2X2 plates missing and somehow 2 parts of the war head lodged in between the plates.

ScreenShot2014-01-04at61022AM.png

• 4 weeks later...

I'm just gonna say this. Most of my "weapons" are just very, very bad rocket design.

No, I will not show you the pictures. They are very confidential government information concerning the next doomsday weapon. I will say this though: If you ever hear an explosion that rattles the foundation and breaks the windows, don't look at me.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a weapon that you can make but I can't unfortunately due to my screen recorder that keeps breaking. Here is your awesome idea. An orbital weapon called kinetic bombardment. It fires at the surface of the planet,it basically fires rods that have no explosives but takes a lot of damage to the surface,gains speed while speeding down into the atmosphere.

My reloadable missiles that can be used on any ship with the appropriate docking port.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Though hours of painful testing, it is best if you're using the inline rockomax to fire it at half thrust or tweak it to 50%. Otherwise hitting it as hard as you can actually deals less damage and the missile is destroyed on impact without damaging the target for some reason.

So once they are fired, eject the "shells" (the docking port with the decoupler attached) and dock on your new ones.

UM2X1PB.jpg

Edited by WhiteWeasel

• 2 years later...
12 hours ago, Kerbal24728 said:

Download????

Mother of all necro's ...

Okay let me clarify. Squad doesn't really like very old topic that have been inactive for more than a year to be revived unless there's a good reason for it. Since you're new I understand you weren't aware of this.

However a request in this form isn't the best option to get a meaningful nor positive reply from the community. Over here we appreciate it more if it looks like "Could you tell me where I can download this, please?"

This is not to put you off, I hope you appreciate the suggestion.

A thing about the "missile" in the video: there is no download for it, only the very old instruction how to build one yourself.

Have fun and enjoy your stay on the forum!