Space kraken thread: Post your kraken encounters here!

InterCity

Did the space kraken ever attack you?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Did the space kraken ever attack you?

• Yes.
    • I don't know if it was the space kraken or just a bad craft :blush:
    • What kraken?

With Bill annihilated in the attack, something I learned later that day, I needed to quickload the earlier stage, so everything was ok in the end.

Something quite interesting happened, though. The flag Jeb planted was also attacked and it somehow ended in the space, on a trajectory escaping Kerbol.

naiad_flag.png

I've never seen flags doing this. I wish I had a Kerbal there, to see if it could be nudged into rotation.

• 1 year later...
I don't think i took any pictures but, anyone else gotten this kraken attack? I'm pretty sure i've heard it refered to as the H*** Kraken. You go on EVA, the game freezes for a second, the the screen goes black except for all the instruments, and the altimeter slowly turns until it reaches 666666, very creepy. It's happened twice. I start up the game again and it's all fine.

had this one before, anyone get the one where you open up the contract screen on the mun and it crashes your game

it happened today *sobs* i was getting val out on minmus on a hard career (but with reduced building costs to prevent grind) and every time I tried to get her to the spaceship back she would spaz out and get slung away from it (like when climbing on parts just with more force- i think that's the problem) then the ship toppled over ( it was on legs but they broke on landing) and then the ground decided to account for the legs colliders so it rolled about and jumped around, i tried to mitigate it with time warp but it warped through the ground and exploded in one puff...now val is stuck on minmus and i have to send rescue (and get all the science again) that's the second time i had to do this stuff after the first time i returned from an orbit of mun and time warped through kerbin-that time Jeb didnt survive

Yes, I have.

It's a long story. Very Mark Watney. I'd be happy to write more if interest is shown.

About a week ago I sent Jeb, Bill, Bob, Val & Leegee (Yes thats her name) to Mimmus. A few days ago I realized they didn't have life support. As I was landing the supply, the ship (the one without LS) blew up. In the end, the two command pods were 200m apart. I then had to "modify" (Using KAS) my tiny rover to carry the 2-ton command pod to the supply lander. After that, I sent a KAS container filled with heatsheilds, parachutes, etc. I'm still building a vehicle that can return to kerbin with the parts on hand.

Luke

Edited by lukethecoder64

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.