Space kraken thread: Post your kraken encounters here!

InterCity

Did the space kraken ever attack you?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Did the space kraken ever attack you?

• Yes.
    • I don't know if it was the space kraken or just a bad craft :blush:
    • What kraken?

Hello, guys.

Space kraken is a legendary bug. It's a shame that it didn't have it's dedicated thread here on the forum... until now :D.

Let's post here every single piece of kraken knowledge as well as attack records.

I only encountered the Kraken once when attempting Jool landing. the ship got torn apart and it's pieces flew at approx. 3 km/s all directions. No casualties here luckily

(Looks you in the eyes and takes a swig of whiskey)

You kids think you see the Kraken everywhere, but all you see is shadows, and you jump, you run screaming, you never knew the Krakens power, and for that you should be glad.

(Drinks more whiskey)

You never saw deep space when the Kraken was real, it twisted space itself to get you, no one ever saw it mind, but we all knew its face, us old pilots, we all knew the touch of fear when the universe came alive in bloodlust.

(Leans back)

First came the shaking, you knew then you were doomed, nothing you did would hold your ship straight, you'd wrestle with your controls while reality laughed in your face, and while you tried to keep your nose on course your back end would be trying to come away, trying to move through space along an entirely different trajectory or so it seemed.

(Pours another drink, downs it, shudders)

Cept it wasn't on another course, everything was trying to fly straight, but there's no such thing when the Kraken has you, it was a force of nature so powerful, so terrible, even the matter of our rockets trembled in fear, and space, space changed, time changed, everything around us just started to break.

It'd get you round the Sun as well, anywhere too far from home like we were never meant to travel, to explore, we were doomed, cursed to stay in low orbit forever.

(Drinks)

It's dead now, had to fight time itself to end the Krakens hold on us, but maybe, just maybe, if you go out into the dark far enough, you might find it again.

We were never meant to go so far, this system is our home, for better or worse, something out there doesn't want us to go exploring.....

It'll kill us if we try.....

I have a ship I'm working on now which seems to be kraken bait. It is a modular, assembled in orbit design which consists of six or so modules (including two independent craft) all hooked together with docking ports and quantum struts. Every once in a while when I load it up from the space center or by selecting "switch to" in the map view the ship will just explode. It seems like the only surviving parts are single parts ... no assemblies. Reverting to quick saves have allowed me to continue my mission

Preparing for my YouTube video, "the text: a KSP short film." Flew Bill off the runway in a craft with only 2 winglets because of the odd symmetry in the SPH. It had an aerospike, FL-T400, and 2 AV-R8's. They counted as wings, it stalled and nosedived, and then I had to EVA Bill at the last second to save him. He landed safe, but he didn't get up. I went to the space center, then the tracking station, and I selected Bill Kerman. He was "landed," I think, because he wasn't deleted, but I couldn't recover him or click "Fly [Vessel(, I can't remember if it said that or not. :))]," so I just double-clicked him. His legs were planted and seated firmly in the ground a couple kilomet(re/er)s or so away. He was pretty stretched out. Had to make a new save file (it wasn't the one I work on, just a new one to film the video I mentioned earlier. (phew) :)) Thankfully, it all was alright in the end. (new save. XD)

Just yesterday the deep space kraken swallowed up my dres lander en-route, and spat it out into the deep nothingness which I can only assume to be a black hole, due to the freaky-ness of the altimeter. (The craft was corrupted, and was deleted from the save upon opening the game after a restart.)

I don't think i took any pictures but, anyone else gotten this kraken attack? I'm pretty sure i've heard it refered to as the H*** Kraken. You go on EVA, the game freezes for a second, the the screen goes black except for all the instruments, and the altimeter slowly turns until it reaches 666666, very creepy. It's happened twice. I start up the game again and it's all fine.

I don't think i took any pictures but, anyone else gotten this kraken attack? I'm pretty sure i've heard it refered to as the H*** Kraken. You go on EVA, the game freezes for a second, the the screen goes black except for all the instruments, and the altimeter slowly turns until it reaches 666666, very creepy. It's happened twice. I start up the game again and it's all fine.

That would be nullspace. One of her most infamous tricks, that one.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.